Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Wilcox has only been getting 19 minutes off the bench and has started in just 6 games..lets see what a change in scenery, starter minutes and playing with the best pg in the NBA does for you - Not to mention he gets to play off David West now.

Oh yea, and to answer a question that was asked....I do think Wilcox will benefit from being on a better team. His stats while being in NO compared to his days in Seattle & OKC is something I will be keeping an eye on.

Not to mention, you'd be surprised how motivated a player can become when he's on a team with a point guard and power forward that opens the lane for them.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It was a necessary move. Happy trails Chandler!

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Wilcox has only been getting 19 minutes off the bench and has started in just 6 games..lets see what a change in scenery, starter minutes and playing with the best pg in the NBA does for you - Not to mention he gets to play off David West now.
    I was just saying that, lol. Me and you think alike.

Amen brother.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Wow... did Tyson matter that much to you?

The fact that we have lost lately has nothing to do with us missing the whopping 8 ppg , 8 boards (from a center is pathetic) and 1 block per game that TC brought.
    You're wrong. Tyson helps stop the bleeding in the paint. Without chandler our opponents get to the paint at will. You don't think Tyson boxing out helps team rebounding? How about his defense? His presence? Doesn't the defense watches him when Paul probe the lane? during fastbreaks? How about teams having to box him out? Chandler's value is more than just stats, but the only thing that seems to be brought up is his stats. Down year or not, Without chandler, the team has no post presence on defense.

but next year we will have 0 of that when his rights are renounced so we end up below the luxury tax

Maybe we are not a contender? Some of you are having a hard time accepting that.
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

a big that is not a liability on offense, and a solid presense on the boards? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    Maybe we are not a contender? Some of you are having a hard time accepting that.
    Contender or not, we sure as hell had a better chance with him.

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    WE WILL NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO RESIGN WILCOX OR JOE SMITH NEXT YEAR!

REPEAT

WE WILL NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO RESIGN WILCOX OR JOE SMITH NEXT YEAR!

Quit making this deal something that it is not. It was a salary dump...

Now I actually thinks this helps us more this year, but I don't think we are making the Finals so it doesn't matter. It really hurts us after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    a big that is not a liability on offense, and a solid presense on the boards? thanks.
    He's not a liability on offense. He may not be able to create his own offense but he makes his lving off of putbacks and alleyoops. Don't act like he's worthless on offense because he's not. He has his niche and it has worked well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet
    You're wrong. Tyson helps stop the bleeding in the paint. Without chandler our opponents get to the paint at will. You don't think Tyson boxing out helps team rebounding? How about his defense? His presence? Doesn't the defense watches him when Paul probe the lane? during fastbreaks? How about teams having to box him out? Chandler's value is more than just stats, but the only thing that seems to be brought up is his stats. Down year or not, Without chandler, the team has no post presence on defense.
    Exactly! Eveyone wants to point to Chandler's scoring average when that was langiappe. I expect Wilcox's offensive numbers to increase, it is the defense that worries me.

This trade is horrible
    '' We are here!!''

wilcox has a nack for getting rebounds when he is on the court. Maybe people should look at his stats, when he gets TC minuits he also puts up 8 boards a game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He's not a liability on offense. He may not be able to create his own offense but he makes his lving off of putbacks and alleyoops. Don't act like he's worthless on offense because he's not. He has his niche and it has worked well for him.
    True, true. But, Wilcox can do all that as well. The only thing Chandler really has on him is size.

Wilcox offense is better than tc's.
    Wilcox put up solid numbers when he got tc like numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805
    True, true. But, Wilcox can do all that as well. The only thing Chandler really has on him is size.

And fan support.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    On the trade: I sorta understand it. Chandler really wasnt helping us this year to be honest. He seemed to scared to defend. Now, the important thing is we save ourselves a bunch of money going into next season. And I actually think the two guys we are getting will help us. Joe Smith plays hard. He has some intangiables that this team hasnt had since Anthony Mason in the mid 90's. I think Wilcox will play better with us than he did in OKC. Both guys run the fast break better than Chandler so we gain with them better scoring in transition. Chandler wasnt a consistant scorer. He got points off of alley oops in the half court and occaisional put backs. Now you got two guys that I believe can finish in the paint. Plus we got some size in the middle. And to reiterate, these guys played in OKC. Now they are playing on a better team. Winning makes players play better. And in the end new blood gives their teamates some energy.

yeah that explains TC's constant foul problems... and you don't think Wilcox and Smith can't roll to the basket for a Chris paul assist?

In Joe Smith... we have a guy that can come in and knock down that 15-17 foot jumper on the pick/pop. And he has a nice post game.

In Wilcox... we have a big guy that can block shots and run the floor and finish.

I understand your point... really I do... I just think that even for half a season... this trade works out best for us.

Lets put it into perspective... Chris Wilcox plays 19 minutes per game and averages 8 ppg, 5 rebs, and a half a block... thats pretty good bench production.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=1731

The Franchise
    LOL....you're not serious are you?
    Did I miss something or did they somehow
    acquire Kobe Bryant in a trade too?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    He's not on a better team.

The Thunder have had a better record than the Hornets of late and I'm pretty sure it will continue for the next 4-5 seasons at least.

Wilcox can do what chandler did. Some of you highly overrate chandler. Wilcox is just as good a defender and actually has an offensive game besides hook shots chunked at the backboard as hard as possible(pretty funny to watch). Plus joe smith got 8.1 ppg last year off the bench for a good cleveland team.

Chandler also seems to be having lots of injuries, maybe his legs and knees and feet are wearing down from all the jumping and out of control play? He is a very small guy, he might be wearing down.
    HORNETS ALL THE WAY IN 08!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    but next year we will have 0 of that when his rights are renounced so we end up below the luxury tax
    Dude, this is like the 4th post you've made in this thread ASSUMING Wilcox and Smith will leave at the end of the season. Calm down. You as well as anyone else don't know who's gonna be hear by next year so stop making assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet
    We never have been, except than in the minds of many people..
    Exactly! Eveyone wants to point to Chandler's scoring average when that was langiappe. I expect Wilcox's offensive numbers to increase, it is the defense that worries me.
    Who will we start next year, i'm asking myself? Armstrong? God bless him, he's surely got better, but 6 pts, 4 rebs, 6 fouls per game? Just a little tyson, with less defense? WHy the hell shinn won't pay this damned luxury tax? After all the non sense chatter about being a title contender (and as i wrote, i've never believed we really could have been it), he dumps one of the few big men in the league, for what, getting worse than the blunders next year, maybe oh yeah, why not, then changing coach, trading d-west, and finally cp3, who'll be just sick of waiting for this idiots to make some smart move? What's then, going to kansas city? Ohh no, maybe seattle!

Ok sorry not a good day and this trade ends it in just a fantastic way..a bit stressed but really, we have a foggy present, the future? A rainy cold night, being hit by thunders ...bah..

Y'all are seriously overrating tc defensive presence. For 27 million over the next 2 I expect the guy to have some type of post game. He doesn't. And whoever said tc post game is better than wilcox I'd completly wrong. TC is also have injury problems. I don't blame shinn for dumping salary. We are going to playoffs and will be eliminated in the first or second round. This is going to happen with of without tc on the team.

Thread Information