Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven

now will this trade possibly good for the hornets THIS year? yes. maybe even better than 50/50 now that we finally have a guy who can post up (wilcox)
    Wilcox has no post up game at all. Chandler has a better post up game than him.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    The cap was $58.8 million this year (and could go down next year)....dude.
    My bad, I meant the lux tax level.

that is a straight up lie

And all without getting even a damned first round pick, i hate jeff bower!

byron scott did not develop cp3. give me a break. thats like saying phil jackson developed kobe.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    i really hope that this trade benefits us and i pray we didnt p*** our season away cuz of money

I remember when Wilcox first went over to the Sonics - he was killing the rest of the year...I guess when they got better players around him - he cooled off.

I like this trade for a few reasons.

1) We get further away from the luxury tax and all the joy that comes with it.
    2) We trade away a good player but get two above avg. players giving us depth.
    3) While both guys do come off the books after the year sign and trades are options, giving us even more flecibility.
    4) We are getting 2 first rounders and that gives us plenty of ammo to move up.
    5) Hilton Armstrong can really develop further.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    My bad, I meant the lux tax level.
    and that has no effect on your ability to sign free agents, other than their actual cost

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias

3) While both guys do come off the books after the year sign and trades are options, giving us even more flecibility.
    how are you 100% certain that we are definitely getting 2 #1's, an article on espn says that OK lost no draft picks to new orleans

we could have very much killed our team by dealing him to a team already on the rise, or really made some head room in building a better team.

1. agreed

2. we get 2 average players for half a season

3. sign and trades? if we did that #1 would be moot, fyi, and it won't happen

4. no major media outlet, including the hornets website, says anything about a first rounder, let alone 2

5. he has little room to develop based on his athleticism and age, and he's garbage otherwise. relying more on hilton is bad for the team

Where do u see 2 first rounders? We did get no first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    how are you 100% certain that we are definitely getting 2 #1's, an article on espn says that OK lost no draft picks to new orleans

I trust my boy eleven. If he says we are getting 2 firsts, we are getting 2 firsts.

we could have very much killed our team by dealing him to a team already on the rise, or really made some head room in building a better team.
    trading his salary hurts our ability to build a better team

I trust my boy eleven. If he says we are getting 2 firsts, we are getting 2 firsts.
    the hornets, TP, ESPN, and oklahoma papers have not included this information

sign and trade think about it.

Chandler has a post up game?

well i trust the facts, and the facts say that the deal has already been completed, with no first rounders

Guys dont tell UNO we didn't get any picks!!!!!! Some people still believe in Santa! LOL jk man

eleven, you sure we getting two 1st rounders?

how does it hurt our chances? We were going to have to trade him anyway, and if anything we just gave the okc blunder a $12 mil contract next year, and $13 mil the year after.

sign and trade think about it.
    if these 2 combined were worth tyson chandler (and only because their contracts are expiring), what are we going to sign and trade them for?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    well i trust the facts, and the facts say that the deal has already been completed, with no first rounders

If we don't have two first rounders than scratch that.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    Guys dont tell UNO we didn't get any picks!!!!!! Some people still believe in Santa! LOL jk man

I was taking a fellow poster at his word.

Thank you Hornets FO!

Thanks for bringing in Chris Wilcox... alot of folks don't know how nice this guy's game is. I watch alot of games on the League Pass, and for the last few years Wilcox has been a silent beast in Seattle and now OKC.

I was hoping there was a way we could swing a trade for him, and now that he's a Hornet I couln't be more happy.

Joe Smith is Lagniappe... but he still has a nice post game. The 1st rouder(s) are also nice.

I think we have finally struck gold, and now we have COMPITENT inside players. both can play with their backs to the basket, and Wilcox can run the floor as good/better than TC.

I'll miss TC... the dude is a class act, but we've made our team better with this trade.

Time to make our push an get back on top in the Southwest.

Thread Information