Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    that's the only benefit from this trade, the only benefit. that can't be disputed. unless devon hardon plays for us.
    That's a pretty substantial benefit. This is a business. A bankrupt franchise usually ends up in a different market. Think Seattle is eager to have a team again?

Bower didn't even draft CP3, that was Allen Bristow.
    "Bower helped rebuild the Hornets, despite the troubles Hurricane Katrina placed on the club and the city of New Orleans in general. He took a giant step in re-writing Hornets history by trading franchise piece Baron Davis to the Warriors, then selecting guard Chris Paul fourth overall in the 2005 NBA Draft."

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    The Mavs Reporters like the trade

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...mavericks.html
    ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that the Hornets and Thunder are close to a deal that would send center Tyson Chandler to Oklahoma City.

It's a cost-cutting move for New Orleans. The Hornets receive the expiring contracts of forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith and the rights to second-round pick Devon Hardin.

In other words, one of the teams fighting for West playoff position with the Mavs is about to become a lot weaker.
    They liked the Jason Kidd trade too...

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Tyson would have been back by the time Wilcox gets significant PT.

that's the only benefit from this trade, the only benefit. that can't be disputed. unless devon hardon plays for us.

well that and security of knowing the owner of the franchise wont be moving the team to a bigger market.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984
    "Bower helped rebuild the Hornets, despite the troubles Hurricane Katrina placed on the club and the city of New Orleans in general. He took a giant step in re-writing Hornets history by trading franchise piece Baron Davis to the Warriors, then selecting guard Chris Paul fourth overall in the 2005 NBA Draft."
    Why are you supplying facts? They mean nothing today!

Also, OKC has 5 1st round picks, that's right 5. How the hell did we not aquire one?
    Thats what I want to know....seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Fan in A
    That's a pretty substantial benefit. This is a business. A bankrupt franchise usually ends up in a different market. Think Seattle is eager to have a team again?
    I understand that, the Hornets said they were looking to improve the team on the court as well. This was being sold as a move to benefit us on the court as well as off.

Again, why didn't we aquire a 1st round pick? OKC has them stockpiled. We were took to the woodshed and the basketball world knows it.

CP and Tyson were great on the alley-oop too. Wilcox better be able to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    so what is the difference? both get owned.
    There's a big difference. One of them could rebound and hold their own in the West. The other one has no proof in doing so. One had chemistry with the team...one's going to screw it up. Take Chandler out of the equation last year and we're lucky to get into the 8th seed. His numbers offensively won't jump out at you, but Paul and him had that ally oop down to a science. Hope you enjoyed it because you won't see that timing again. He was great at getting rebounds. More and more it seems like this organization wants to put more and more pressure on CP3 rather than keeping a good core of players with him.

How would San Antonio have faired if they split up their big 4 that's been there since god knows when?

All 4 are pieces to the puzzle. One goes down...the team suffers. No Bowen...you lost your lockdown defender and the guy that slowly drifts into the corner. Duncan is Duncan. Ginobili...numbers go just a bit down.

My point being is you have to keep the main corps around. What are we really getting from Mo Pete or to this point Stojachvich?

I wish we landed a 1st rounder or 2, but so be it. we have a lot of flexibility unlike other teams still fighting to get under the luxury.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrispaulCP3
    So their glad that they did a bad trade?
    no they are glad we did a bad trade

I understand that, the Hornets said they were looking to improve the team on the court as well. This was being sold as a move to benefit us on the court as well as off.

Again, why didn't we aquire a 1st round pick? OKC has them stockpiled. We were took to the woodshed and the basketball world knows it.

You should go talk to Harvey Hornet. That guy could tell you a thing or 5 about this team.

I do not understand the problem. Tyson's main offensive production was alley-oops from Paul. How hard is it to catch and dunk a ball off a easy lob? Tyson had zero offensive game when he got here and developed zilch since.

He was a decent defender that got into foul trouble just about every game. He was our best rebounder, so that IMO is the area we will have to replace.

Lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    no they are glad we did a bad trade
    Thats what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    There's a big difference. One of them could rebound and hold their own in the West. The other one has no proof in doing so. One had chemistry with the team...one's going to screw it up. Take Chandler out of the equation last year and we're lucky to get into the 8th seed. His numbers offensively won't jump out at you, but Paul and him had that ally oop down to a science. Hope you enjoyed it because you won't see that timing again. He was great at getting rebounds. More and more it seems like this organization wants to put more and more pressure on CP3 rather than keeping a good core of players with him.

How would San Antonio have faired if they split up their big 4 that's been there since god knows when?

All 4 are pieces to the puzzle. One goes down...the team suffers. No Bowen...you lost your lockdown defender and the guy that slowly drifts into the corner. Duncan is Duncan. Ginobili...numbers go just a bit down.

My point being is you have to keep the main corps around. What are we really getting from Mo Pete or to this point Stojachvich?

Some laughs about how people are spelling his name?

In all honesty your saying it's better to be getting pimped, than to be raped in prison. Neither is a pretty thing.

The Franchise
    I still see the same 20-10 finish (Final record 50-32) I was looking at before the trade.

I'd like to know where he got that considering Bower took over in October of 2005.

Bristow resigns as Hornets' GM; Bower named as replacement
    By Jeff Latzke, The Associated Press
    OKLAHOMA CITY — Allan Bristow resigned as general manager of the New Orleans Hornets on Saturday, citing health concerns.
    Bristow, 52, took over as the Hornets' general manager in June, when Bob Bass retired. He helped oversee the Hornets' temporary move to Oklahoma City, which was prompted by Hurricane Katrina.

"The stress and strain of the last month took a serious toll on various health problems that I was already facing before the hurricane," Bristow said in a statement. "After consulting with my physician, it became clear that stepping down was the only decision that made sense for me and my family."
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...-bristow_x.htm

Gotta love facts, huh SFIA?

dude the lux tax will cripple our franchise unlike money franchises like NY, LA, and teams with rich owners.
    Yeah but that fact didn't happened overnight, they must have realized a long time ago that we weren't in the biggest market so why did we kept overpaying aging FAs that would go nowhere but downhill at that point of their respective careers. With that strategy we gave ourselves no margin of error, no cushion whatsover. That is my biggest complaint with our FO.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    I still see the same 20-10 finish (Final record 50-32) I was looking at before the trade.
    Hopefully.

I'm ready for HH's opinion on today's move.

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    And you know Wilcox is going to screw up because???

Paul and Chandler had the alley hoop down to a science but teams had that play figured out this year.

Some laughs about how people are spelling his name?

In all honesty your saying it's better to be getting pimped, than to be raped in prison. Neither is a pretty thing.
    I'm saying we should've kept Chandler until the end of the season. All we did now is throw in the towel. We might as well just tank the rest of the season...oh yes...by this trade's standard's...we just did.

Quote Originally Posted by cjjr72984
    And you know Wilcox is going to screw up because???

Paul and Chandler had the alley hoop down to a science but teams had that play figured out this year.
    Yeah, but it still worked.

Thread Information