Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks
    Chandler has a post up game?
    yeah man you dont remember how good his offense has been these last few years?????

The Franchise
    I love it......he gives the Thunder an A for a player who has missed
    12 games with ankle and is still injured and has been performing subpar even before the injuries. Right now I feel the same way I did when
    we traded Baron Davis. By the way is he still playing or is he on his seasonal "injury vacation" right now? Everyone was upset with that trade and what did he do for GS or has he done for the Clippers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jizamo311
    fwiw...realgm grades for the trade.....

Hornets D
    Thunder A

hmmm

Sad to see a fan favorite go, but he was not the same player he was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias
    eleven, you sure we getting two 1st rounders?

how does it hurt our chances? We were going to have to trade him anyway, and if anything we just gave the okc blunder a $12 mil contract next year, and $13 mil the year after.
    and when he's in the last year of his deal that contract will be golden

plus their payroll is only in the mid 60s, with about $12M coming off the books this year in marshall, swift, and sene

Quote Originally Posted by HornetHaven
    if these 2 combined were worth tyson chandler (and only because their contracts are expiring), what are we going to sign and trade them for?

Wilcox is one of the better bigs in free agency this year. You could sign and trade him and mopete and net us something else we need.

Smith is a career 10ppg man. We could use that , if not net a draft pick.

Wilcox is one of the better bigs in free agency this year. You could sign and trade him and mopete and net us something else we need.

Smith is a career 10ppg man. We could use that , if not net a draft pick.
    nobody is going to TRADE for these guys if they can just sign them outright

Chandler has a post game... his problem is his lack of touch shooting the ball... via hookshot or layup. Chandler has very nice post moves, he just couldn't convert his shots.

Rookie
    leesville, originally from orleans parish
    Man, you guys got fleeced. Don't feel bad though. Presti has done that to other teams also. Enjoy Weezy (aka I play like gang busters for 2 games and play like doo-doo for 5). I really feel for Joe Smith. At least he could have been traded to a contender. Enjoy the downward spiral that is George Shinn-onomics.

Quote Originally Posted by usafool
    byon scott has not delveloped no one as a rookie, he sucks so this kid hardin has just kissed his career away once you play for coach scott.

as for bower and the organization, you blew it, we should have gotten a 1st rounder, bower you got played by the okie boys. dont mind losing chandler but for nothing just sucks.

then again what will byron do with another rookie , just run him away!!!!

i am so very disappointed that we got nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    How did Scott do with CP3?
    And how did he do with the D. West experiment? lol

I agree. Not having tc will stink, but we have depth and two pieces for sign and trades.

The ONLY person on our roster that I would have been upset to get traded would be CP3... everybody else can go for the right price... including D-West.

I like this trade, and I think Wilcox and Smith will contribute big time... especially Wilcox.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    I like this trade, and I think Wilcox and Smith will contribute big time... especially Wilcox.
    what about next year when we have neither smith nor wilcox?

nobody is going to TRADE for these guys if they can just sign them outright

Sign and trade. Wilcox will net us something.

language...

We did not get any 1st round picks .

Sign and trade. Wilcox will net us something.
    then we'll be at/over the luxury tax level with the salary we assume in the trade, and nobody will trade for wilcox when they can just sign him outright as a free agent

nobody is banging down the door for chris wilcox

Is it official that we got their 1st rounders? I never did like Tyson because he is so soft. I don't miss him one bit. See ya

what are they doing about the side of the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks
    Chandler has a post up game?
    That's the point. Wilcox has none, yet some are saying he has a great post up game.

You're gonna get alot of bashing comments about this thread.....not saying i agree with em....

My bad about the extra 1st rounder... I read somewhere we got a 1st rounder in '10...

Quote Originally Posted by showstoppa618
    You're gonna get alot of bashing comments about this thread.....not saying i agree with em....

Could care less bro... the forum is a place to express your opinion whether folks agree or not. I don't fall in love with players because they're cool people... I want to see my team win, and the players that we got for TC will be better for us even if it is for just one season.

TC wasn't playing 11.3 milliion dollar ball before his injury... so I'm all for making the team better.

then we'll be at/over the luxury tax level with the salary we assume in the trade, and nobody will trade for wilcox when they can just sign him outright as a free agent

nobody is banging down the door for chris wilcox

just sit tight.

just sit tight.
    dude

we traded chandler for 2 contracts

they're going to be renounced and then shinn will save money (in salary and luxury tax payments). that's the deal

no 1st round draft picks are involved

we traded tyson to save money

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    I love it......he gives the Thunder an A for a player who has missed
    12 games with ankle and is still injured and has been performing subpar even before the injuries. Right now I feel the same way I did when
    we traded Baron Davis. By the way is he still playing or is he on his seasonal "injury vacation" right now? Everyone was upset with that trade and what did he do for GS or has he done for the Clippers?
    When we traded Baron, we were dismantling the team and rebuilding. That is not the focus (or should not be) now. Seasonal? Have you paid attention to his career? He has not missed that many games over the last 5-6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Thanks for bringing in Chris Wilcox... alot of folks don't know how nice this guy's game is. I watch alot of games on the League Pass, and for the last few years Wilcox has been a silent beast in Seattle and now OKC.

I was hoping there was a way we could swing a trade for him, and now that he's a Hornet I couln't be more happy.

Joe Smith is Lagniappe... but he still has a nice post game. The 1st rouder(s) are also nice.

I think we have finally struck gold, and now we have COMPITENT inside players. both can play with their backs to the basket, and Wilcox can run the floor as good/better than TC.

I'll miss TC... the dude is a class act, but we've made our team better with this trade.

Time to make our push an get back on top in the Southwest.

good post. we will no doubt miss Tc presence on Defense but Wilcox is an able and willing defender and will in turn make his noise on the Offensive end of the floor. no more box score from our C that read 6 Pts, 4 Pts, 8 Pts.... Wilcox is also a beast on the boards
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Thread Information