Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

I like the fact that according to this we have a decent back up to david west coming off the bench... We all know marks cannot sufficiently fill that roll.

Scouting report: Smith is phenomenal at taking charges; last season he drew 40 offensive fouls; on a per-minute basis, only six players drew more. The rest of his defense isn't quite as accomplished, as his thin frame allows bigger forwards to push him around under the basket, but he's an active help defender and gathers his share of rebounds.

Smith is a low-mistake offensive player who is a strong shooter for his size. He's very comfortable shooting jumpers from either elbow and can also shoot short-range jump hook shots with either hand. Smith has trouble establishing good post position, however, so a lot of his close-range shots come off the catch.

Just heard of the news....ok now we can move on. I wonder if a reason this deal was done rather early is so that they can begin or continue to work on another deal...? Also getting a 1st this year an next year is going to be awesome. The Thunder should win more games next year...but they aren't going to going leaps and bounds ahead just yet...wow....my favorite Hornets keeping getting traded away..JR...now Tyson...looks like I have to get a new one....should be easy....Chris Paul is my new favorite Hornet!

can some one please tell me more on this devin harden guy? im confused on that part of the trade

Quote Originally Posted by chubbs91
    can some one please tell me more on this devin harden guy? im confused on that part of the trade
    He's a scrub.

He's over in Europe right now, has yet to sign an NBA contract. He also apparently has a stress fracture in his foot that will keep him out at least a month.

From Draft Express:

AT A GLANCE - DeVon Hardin
    STRENGTHS:

- Jump-hook shot
    - Activity level
    - Defensive potential
    - Lateral quickness
    - Potential
    - Strong Intangibles
    - Understands limitations
    - Work ethic
    - Ability to finish around basket
    - Ability to run the floor
    - Explosiveness
    - Frail frame
    - Size for position
    - Strength
    - Undersized
    - Wingspan
    - Excellent rebounder

WEAKNESSES:

- Lacks significant offensive polish
    - Ball-handling skills
    - Inability to create own shot
    - Ability to face the basket
    - Excellent hands
    - Left hand
    - Questionable hands
    - Foul prone
    - Gets backed down in post
    - Consistency
    - Not ready to contribute immediately
    - Lower body strength
    - Free throw shooting
    - Perimeter shooting ability

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeVon-Hardin-225/
    "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee" Muhammad Ali

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    Played at Cal. Drafted by the Sonics. They never signed him. Playing overseas. Released from first overseas team, picked up by another. Recently hurt his foot. Out for a month.

devon hardin has not played in the nba yet. this is what hollinger says about him

The 6-11 center was a late-second-round flier by the Sonics, after a college career in which he showed an NBA body and athleticism but almost no clue how to convert that into being a decent basketball player. He's a strong candidate for D-League seasoning since he needs to improve his raw offensive skills. At the moment he can throw down powerful dunks, but his range is about 4 inches and he has bad hands, which makes him somewhat reminiscent of Yinka Dare. Needless to say, he has a ways to go before he can be even remotely useful.

This is ridiculous. I hope everyone enjoys missing the playoffs again and again for the foreseeable future till Paul wants out.

This really makes me wish I had some contact with George...just to tell him how badly he screwed things up....AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088
    devon hardin has not played in the nba yet. this is what hollinger says about him

The 6-11 center was a late-second-round flier by the Sonics, after a college career in which he showed an NBA body and athleticism but almost no clue how to convert that into being a decent basketball player. He's a strong candidate for D-League seasoning since he needs to improve his raw offensive skills. At the moment he can throw down powerful dunks, but his range is about 4 inches and he has bad hands, which makes him somewhat reminiscent of Yinka Dare. Needless to say, he has a ways to go before he can be even remotely useful.

I feel like a Florida Marlins fan...

agreed. tyson wasnt that great of a player, but we saw what happened without him. nearly 70 rebounds to the grizz.

we are in big trouble. and by that, i do not mean mising the playoffs. i mean cp3 getting upset....we struggle for 3 or 4 years, and the hornets cant sell tickets. that kind of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by benreed1088

The 6-11 center was a late-second-round flier by the Sonics, after a college career in which he showed an NBA body and athleticism but almost no clue how to convert that into being a decent basketball player. He's a strong candidate for D-League seasoning since he needs to improve his raw offensive skills. At the moment he can throw down powerful dunks, but his range is about 4 inches and he has bad hands, which makes him somewhat reminiscent of Yinka Dare(RIP). Needless to say, he has a ways to go before he can be even remotely useful.
    On a positive note... at least maybe he'll be able to cook up some crazy a** NBA fight vids.

Quote Originally Posted by supermati
    I feel like a Florida Marlins fan...
    At least they got a championship before dismantling the team. I guess we wanted to be more efficient.

The Franchise
    No offense but I think you are giving Chandler way too much credit for our success last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cp3superman12
    This is ridiculous. I hope everyone enjoys missing the playoffs again and again for the foreseeable future till Paul wants out.

There's no question in my mind we've gotten junk. We were hosed with this deal- and sorry folks...in my mind there's absolutely NO playoffs this year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Blaze

WEAKNESSES:

- Lacks significant offensive polish
    - Ball-handling skills
    - Inability to create own shot
    - Ability to face the basket
    - Excellent hands
    - Left hand
    - Questionable hands
    - Foul prone
    - Gets backed down in post
    - Consistency
    - Not ready to contribute immediately
    - Lower body strength
    - Free throw shooting
    - Perimeter shooting ability

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/DeVon-Hardin-225/
    So which one is it?

I've always liked both Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox but not at the expense of TC. I guess we'll see how this all pans out though.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN
    At least they got a championship before dismantling the team. I guess we wanted to be more efficient.

Ditto, my sentiments exactly

Quote Originally Posted by mdaniel
    What a day.

My initial reaction was that we basically dealt him for nothing.

I like Wilcox.
    I've had enough of Mismanagement of the team's money. Scott is partially the blame for this, he was google eyes for Peja and Posey and convinced management we needed them at outrageous contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB
    So which one is it?

why did this trade take place?

because scott couldnt adjust our offense afetr teams learned how to defend our pick and lob. and because they started to force d west into longer jump shots, so our offense suffered. no coaching adjustments.

then scott fails to use armstrong and imporve his play which causes us to reach for depth on 2 average players with expiring contracts.

Um...CP3 upset? If Wade got over trading Shaq, and Nash got over trading joe johnson and raja bell, CP3 will get over this. I have faith that the FO can find another guy to block shots and catch lobs.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman
    No offense but I think you are giving Chandler way too much credit for our success last season.
    I'm not giving him that much credit. It's obvious it was West/Paul running the show. The problem is this is typical of George... I wish he'd sell the team and give it to someone who worries about a championship. I'm merely saying Paul's not going to find this very rewarding...and eventually WHEN we continue to miss the playoffs....he's going to want out.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/chris_...eer_stats.html

Looking on the brightside, I have always liked Wilcox. Remember watching his Maryland team. I could see him getting back to his Ray Allen era Sonic averages, 14/8. He did once grab 24 boards in a game also.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dat 3
    why did this trade take place?

because scott couldnt adjust our offense afetr teams learned how to defend our pick and lob. and because they started to force d west into longer jump shots, so our offense suffered. no coaching adjustments.

then scott fails to use armstrong and imporve his play which causes us to reach for depth on 2 average players with expiring contracts.
    amen brother. remember when we first got CP and everyone on plannet earth was saying the hornets were going to run faster than D'Antoni's suns? and remember when for a few games when we played the suns, we did run with them and beat them at their own game?

what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    Um...CP3 upset? If Wade got over trading Shaq, and Nash got over trading joe johnson and raja bell, CP3 will get over this. I have faith that the FO can find another guy to block shots and catch lobs.
    Um... Wade and Shaq weren't exactly happy with each other prior to the trade...

Thread Information