.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast
Results 826 to 850 of 874

Thread: Thunder acquires Tyson Chandler from the Hornets {multi-merged reactions}

  1. #826

  2. #827
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezwax
    I was there, I heard him say it. Opening night Shinn came center court and told the fan's thank you for the support and "we will do whatever it takes to win the NBA championship"

    Oh really George! You should have said " We will do whatever it takes to win a championship except pay the luxury tax"

    Way to go George, way to alienate all your new season ticket holders! It will be interesting to see what happens next year. Im still renewing but I have already talked to alot of people who are not renewing.
    so you know people who are not renewing their season tickets for next year just because we traded chandler, what is wrong with us hornets fans??
    My Anthony Davis website: http://thebrow.uphero.com/

  3. #828
    Hall of Famer IVAN_NOH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain.
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    this is the loser mentality that is killing this team....how do u know we cant beat them? Our starting five healthy with tyson is probably the best in the league....CP3 is one of or if not the most competitive player in the NBA....he damn well wouldnt sit here and say. We cant beat this team or that team...Hes not like that...and to have that mentality around a player like this is causing him to think twice about this team...because too many people on this organization make comments like that...now im hearing people say Tyson was never gonna bounce back, when he was averaging a double double RIGHT before he got hurt...but no one notices that...or about our 21-11 record with him, and our under 500 record without him, This is why everyone is disappointed. We dont even get a chance to see what this team can do THIS YEAR, because of something that we have to worry about 3 years later?...How do you even know if CP3 is 100 percent by that time? God forbid he has a horrible injury, then what next? you throw away a chance for him to win a championship because of a business move?....If basketball was such a business, why are there small market teams? Why not just leave it to LA , miami, CLe, Chi, and Boston? The game is played to win, maybe most people dont understand that concept clearly, but its players like Chris Paul with a competitive nature that think that way...and throwing away a season for something really irrelevant to THESE TIMES AT THE MOMENT is not something hes impressed with, and I agree with him

    Are you seriously talking when you say we can beat for example:

    ----rondo

    --r.allen-----pierce

    -----garnett---perkins

  4. #829
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet

    If Chris or David don't understand that, they are stupid....and thats not the case...they are emotional. Like I've said a million times before, this lockeroom is a tight ship. Like the fans, I guess Chris, David and Byron are forgetting that this is a business.
    They probably are mad because they realize Posey brings little to the table (Durant toasted him all night, yet he's supposed to stop Kobe and Manu in May? LOL.) and now we had to let go of a real force in the paint. AND we're in terrible shape for next year as we need a 5 and a slashing 2 and have the room for neither. AND we didn't get a single measly draft pick from OKC who has 4 extras to spare.

  5. #830
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Artic Land
    Posts
    1,998
    Yep he missed the boat on this one big time. It sounds like he is taking
    it more personal then looking at it strictly as a business move that ultimately in my opinion we turn out to be a good move. Say what you want about what was or what he still could be the botton line is Chandler is currently "damaged goods" that was not playing well even when healthy. As I said before I'm surprised there were any takers considering he's been on the bench for 5 weeks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Well...last week I was taking up for JD because of his understanding whats going on inside the Hornets. In this piece he thinks he nails the story but misses the real story. Yes, keeping Chris happy is an important part of this...but can you keep Chris happy with a 7-1 C who is watching from the bench and eating up 12M dollars of cap space and causing the team additional financial penalties in the process? JD is missing the real story (that comes BEFORE the CP matter)....which is uncommon for him.

  6. #831
    Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    First of all if you arent gonna read the post, then dont quote it and make a mistake...because i didnt say the best...i said probably the best which isnt a "homer" opinion if you take the "Im too UN biased to make sense glasses off"....and go head to toe in the starting lineup WHEN HEALTHY and compare it to all the teams in the league...My point is pretty understandable, so if that screams homer to you..then allow me to scream self hater to you if you're gonna take it to that level...however to be mature and analyse your post....im sure wilcox would help, and im sure tyson was overpaid...but to make this move AT THIS POINT OF THE SEASON is not the way to go regardless if we save money or not...and to point out about Tyson, You cant teach 7 ft..you just cant, he is a center that can ALter shots, even when hes not trying to defend the paint if you say...he still alters shots by his presence...the numbers dont lie, when we are with him, we are 21 11, without him, we are what 10-10/11?...its what it is...I can go on a limb and say we wont be significantly better with this so called genius salary cut dump or whatever in the future, and CP3 wont be wanting to wait that long to see if this works...hes too competitive...its not just about the business..because you have to consider the PLAYERS who make this work...and if they arent happy, all this salary talk doesnt and wont matter period
    i read the post and said i didn't take it seriously.

    i compare them to the teams throughout the league and see many teams with a better starting 5 (Bos, Por, LA, Clev, Det, Orl, Den, Phi, Utah, Dal) what those those teams don't have is CP3 he makes the Starting 5 and team go.

    self hater? hahahahahahaha i'm just a realist and see things for what they are. Tyson wasn't getting it done on a consistent basis, therefore he was expendable. the only player on this team not expendable is CP3. he almost single handedly lead us to the confrence finals it wasn't working out this year so they are making moves to fix that. they are clearing cap room to build around CP3 something they shoulda did in the first place instead of aquiring high priced Vets.


    many TC supporters are bringing up the fact we were 21-11 with him and 10-9 without him. i understand this and don't think Hilton is the answer, but you fail to overlook we are getting 2 proven post players in return. both guys can score and defend and will bring a Defensive presence in the middle that we lacked with TC out. before when TC got in foul trouble he'd go to the bench and leave a void. now we have 12 fouls from the C position and guys who will play their effectively.

    CP3 knows it's a bussiness and with the Hornets clearing cap space and the Peja deal coming off in '10 we will be in prime position to attract a player or players in the great FA of '10 who will come in and make CP3 a happy camper and help us contend for a tittle.

    chill out and let the trade obsolve. this team was not gonna win a championship this year or next year with the current Roster and the Salary cap hell we are in. i think fans will be happy by what we get from Smith and Wilcox
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

  7. #832
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    They probably are mad because they realize Posey brings little to the table (Durant toasted him all night, yet he's supposed to stop Kobe and Manu in May? LOL.) and now we had to let go of a real force in the paint. AND we're in terrible shape for next year as we need a 5 and a slashing 2 and have the room for neither. AND we didn't get a single measly draft pick from OKC who has 4 extras to spare.
    We all know how you feel about Posey but is there really a need to try to put words into the players mouths?

  8. #833
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Artic Land
    Posts
    1,998
    Exactly it's all about business and nothing personal.
    The next move I see is coaching if the Hornets don't
    at least make the playoffs.



    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg
    Chris and Tyson were real close... I think Chris's feelings run way beyond "basketball", and more to "losing a family member".

    CP will be delighted at what he gets... he gets 2 bigs... one that can run the pick/roll with him and not skip a beat, and another that can play pick/pop and nail that mid range jumper... as well as get some points down low.

    Tyson will be missed, but hey... its a business... call Shinn cheap or whatever, but this is a move that hd to be made. I hope they're not done dealing.

  9. #834
    Posey is the reason that we were over the luxury cap and had to dump Chandler for nothing.

    Facts are facts.

  10. #835
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven79
    Posey is the reason that we were over the luxury cap and had to dump Chandler for nothing.

    Facts are facts.
    But that still doesn't mean the players feel that Posey brings little to the table. You're thinking for the players now.

  11. #836
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    If TC were healthy and productive...and dependable for a long term (the real story no one wants to accept or understand) Shinn wouldn't have made this move.
    Soooo . . . you're saying Bower was really able to pull the wool over Sam Presti's eyes on this one?

  12. #837
    Quote Originally Posted by truck man
    both guys can score and defend and will bring a Defensive presence in the middle that we lacked with TC out. Wilcox
    When did Wilcox become a great, or even very good, defender?

  13. #838
    Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Under the desk
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by mallday
    When did Wilcox become a great, or even very good, defender?
    Yesterday afternoon.

  14. #839
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollar Theater
    Yesterday afternoon.

  15. #840
    Do both of these contracts come off the books after this year?

    As far as on court play and how Smith and Wilcox fit in, I'm going to give them a few games before I pass judgement. Tyson was a loved player for various reasons, but I don't see a big drop-off on actual production from Chandler to Wilcox.

    I can say one thing, Smith coming in off the bench for D-West instead of Marks is an upgrade, IMO.

    And, tbh, I have no idea what kind of player Hardin is.

  16. #841
    Hall of Famer Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    745
    ^Oh snap!

  17. #842
    momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,824
    Quote Originally Posted by kidjock
    What do you expect them to say? Are they going to go into the state's office and demand Jindal make the payments to Hornets so that we can sign some players? We are a small market team...deal with it.
    This season the Hornets might not get the money anyway and it has nothing to do with state shortfalls, we are going to reach the benchmarks therefore the Hornets will get nothing.

    Let's say we do not reach the benchmarks then the Hornets get 4 million. That's it, 4 million bucks ... chump change and would hardly make the Hornets more competitive, able to go over the cap, or make us a more attractive franchise.

    The money problems with the Hornets are not on us, the fans or state, it's on poor Shinn and his own personal monetary problems. He could be in Los Angeles, running the Lakers, and he would still be broke.

  18. #843
    CP3 is right - He made chandler a better player.

  19. #844
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    Trade's done - gotta hope for the best.

    As I look at this, Wilcox and Smith are better than an injured and/or under performing Tyson.

    Amen and amen.

    Bash the trade all ya want but nobody is turning back the hands of time.

    Bower did make some bad contracts, but so be it, he has done more good than bad. Why hang him out to dry?

  20. #845
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress
    Looking at ESPN's comments, then combining it with what I know; I think the trade is somewhat unfortunate; but could become somewhat savy.
    Believe me, I'm a Hornets fan through and through; but I never drink the turquise kool-aid nor look through the tinted glasses. It did add depth, the Crescent City Connection had been figured out, Chandler was in constant foul trouble ect.

    My question is- to Harvey or Gerry is-

    Do you think we will bring Devon Hardin in and actually give him a look (given Scott's dispostion w/ younger players)?

    per ESPN

    I am very interested in this Hardin kid as well. Just because he is a second rounder doesn't make him a bust, or make him great. He hasn't seen the nba court yet so we really don't know what we have. With any luck he can come in a shine like Manu, TP, and others have after making the Euro jump, at worst he nets us a rasuel butler, kirk snyder combo for his rights.

  21. #846
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    I'd like to see what Hardin brings in Summer League, I'm not expecting anything though.

  22. #847
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    I'd like to see what Hardin brings in Summer League, I'm not expecting anything though.

    neither am I but we can all wish we salvage something from this trade.


    who was the guy on wwl floating the rumor joe smith was going to retire at years end? Did he come out and say that??

  23. #848
    Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    I'd like to see what Hardin brings in Summer League, I'm not expecting anything though.
    I think the Hornets saw enough in Hardin to make them interested enough to have him included in the deal. He obviously wasn't needed in the deal to make the monies work and for Pete's sake...OKC had 5 1st rd picks to choose from and the Hornets went with Hardin...hmm...I hope they see something special in Hardin, maybe the next "Tyson Chandler" in the sense of how he played with Paul, but a better offensive player - that would be awesome!

  24. #849
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    I doubt Smith has said anything concrete at this point, but at his age he will most likely retire of play for a SA or L.A type team.

  25. #850
    Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lafayette/Slidell, LA
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA Champs
    I think the Hornets saw enough in Hardin to make them interested enough to have him included in the deal. He obviously wasn't needed in the deal to make the monies work and for Pete's sake...OKC had 5 1st rd picks to choose from and the Hornets went with Hardin...hmm...I hope they see something special in Hardin, maybe the next "Tyson Chandler" in the sense of how he played with Paul, but a better offensive player - that would be awesome!
    Slow your roll, mate! Let's see if he can ball in the summer league before proclaming him our next starting C.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •