Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This supposed to be the new logo?

This supposed to be the new logo?

I hope not. I was looking through some of the stats of the players on the official nba.com site though, and this is the logo they are now using. I figured they could have found a better way to incorporate the 'local' colors than what they did, it kinda clashes with the teal and purple And the lettering would have probably looked better if they used that cursive style that was shown from one of the t-shirts pics I saw before.

and some gold border on the letters would look nice

I don't like the gold though, it just doesn't fit. If they don't plan on making any major changes, they should just have left the hornet part the way it was (it looked fine enough), and changed the lettering to maybe purple instead of teal. Plus a different font would be better, it's the same as the one from the original logo, the only difference is it looks like the city name is too long. Instead of bending the words, just let them be straight, in that cursive style, and in purple. I think that would be good enough.

Needs lots of purple. Good find W...

I cant stand the yellow H on his chest...

The Franchise
    That's rather interesting, Hamilton. I can't tell 100%, but it looks like the word New Orleans across the chest. I'm gonna go check it out on that site. Curious!
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

Where on the site did you find it. I cannot find it. I am with you, purple and cursive would have been much better if this is it.

Go to any of the individual Hornets' players site and it has it as the logo.

Yea i guess i just found it on the hornets official website.
    Hornets for NBA Champs!

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN
    Where on the site did you find it. I cannot find it. I am with you, purple and cursive would have been much better if this is it.
    try this

Thats exactly how i found it too Houma Hornet.

I hope that is not what has taken this long to "tweak."

at least it doesnt have the old white letters around it

Banned
    I am in a state of denial over this particular logo. Looks like something NBA.com designed just to placate the intelligent masses here at NOH.

Gee, it's not like we ever got on their tails to actually change anything since May 10.

To paraphrase Belle from Beauty and the Beast, I want more than this provincial logo.

If that is the tweaked logo, I don't think it looks all that bad. Hey, we should be happy we get any change, all the Grizz did was change the "Vancouver" to "Memphis"!
    the Legend has spoken!

The Franchise
    http://www.nba.com/tickets/tickets.html

Yeah, I think this is the "official" logo because since relocation there was the old N.O. Hornets logo (the one that resembled Charlotte's) for the tickets link. Now, this new one has replaced it.

But, I agree with Adam. This is not that bad. How much do you really want to change a logo that is the catalyst of one of the most popular team merchandise in the league?
    Last edited by RENFO; 08-04-2002 at 12:45 AM.

Im kinda with you RENFO, the new logo kinda looks better every time i look at it,i really didnt want the logo to change,but these small changes just reminds everyone that this aint charlotte anymore. They are now the New Orleans Hornets.Whether some ppl in the nba likes it or not.

The ball should be purple and teal and their should be a gold outline on the words.

Half-Season "Purple" Pack
    I'd like the letters of "New Orleans Hornets" to be Purple, maybe with a gold outline. Also why not make the "H" on the chest and the entire basketball gold, it's a cartoon, so it doesn't have to be realistic. The team keeps it teal (close enought to green) and purple, while adding a New Orleans flavor with gold. Just my opinion.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    It is not that the logo is horrible, for a few months we were promised real changes. Sure, some of us (like me) figured the changes would be more significant; they would do away with the cartoon hornet logo, do a more sweeping change to the colors, and even change the font. We don't have to fall in line, goose stepping and harking out praises for minor changes, if we felt they would change more of the design.

Seeing the new logo, and hearing it called new . . . is a cop out. The Spurs changed their logo and colors more than the Hornets did. At best they went into photoshop and changed the basketball color and added New Orleans. I really believed they were eliminating the cartoonish look and CLT colors. Next, we will see that uni has pin stripes and wonder why in hell they kept those. Don't mean to be so down on the changes, but I really thought they would be more major . . . no pun intended.

Actually the Grizz changed their secondary logo big time, and did more slight changes than just remove Vancouver and add MEM. If I had to compare, I would say the Grizz logo changed more than the Hornets, and the MEM people were not promised any changes at all, other than using FEdEX colors, logo and such if approved by the NBA.
    Last edited by NYKF Hornet; 08-04-2002 at 02:38 PM.

Let's not forget the font on the lettering. It's a lot different from the Charlotte lettering. While it may not be a significant change to some, that's what stands out the most to me. The fact that they are the "New Orleans" Hornets really is emphasized in this new logo as opposed to the smaller Charlotte lettering.

I do hope that the uniforms are more "tweaked" though. That lettering will look great on a uniform. Maybe do away with the pinstripes and add gold outlining or something. In any event, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Why didn't the Hornets announce this then?

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    Why didn't the Hornets announce this then?
    I simply don't think this is what the logo will look like. If it is, why hasn't the Hornets' site been changed yet?

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

I simply don't think this is what the logo will look like. If it is, why hasn't the Hornets' site been changed yet?
    It's weird. They don't have it on the homepage but if you click on any of the players, you will see this new logo next to their bios.

Originally posted by Trueblood

It's weird. They don't have it on the homepage but if you click on any of the players, you will see this new logo next to their bios.
    That's because the porfiles are not on the Hornets' page, but through the NBA's site. Look at the web addresses.

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

That's because the porfiles are not on the Hornets' page, but through the NBA's site. Look at the web addresses.
    I just clicked on "players" on the Hornets site and the roster comes up. Click on any of them and you see the logo. I just think it's odd that there was no unveiling or announcement of any sort or at least they could put the logo on the homepage.

Thread Information