Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Hurricane Ike (Cat 2) --------EDIT:Now threating Texas

Banned
    Sounds like few people left Galveston and Houston. They got people surfing in Galveston.

Banned
    Update, Galveston in major danger over going underwater, seawall is already being overtopped, and believe it or not FoxNews has found a couple of bars having "Hurricane Parties".

Pray for them, pray for our oil!

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Hopefully this storm will not reach Katrina like levels of flooding and destruction ... however, it is amazing that after a storm like Katrina that people in Texas are not taking this storm as seriously as I thought they would.

Hopefully the national news is just explaining worse case scenarios and Texas will not be hit as hard as advertised.

I am 32 Contributor
    khou is on 361 on dtv
    Fox sports new home for the hornets

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar

Media

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsfan29m
    khou is on 361 on dtv
    hi

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Holy ****. I can't believe it is that bad. I've been in PC meetings all day.

Time for some football!!!

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned....but we have a very solid brick home.....we are not in an area that has vulnerability to the surge or flooding....and we are 75-80 miles north of the gulf coast. Lot's of food, drink, charged cell phones and ipods, etc. It's time to ride it out. This is my first Houston hurricane but I've been through this before.

Ike has I-45 North in his sights....which puts me on the west side of the eye. The eye is going to split Harris County in half....pretty much like I-45 does.

You are fine, dude, but the people of Galveston are seriously under the gun. I don't knkow how many people stayed, but I hope they don't end up with another 1900 on their hands. I don't think it could be that bad. I think 8000 people died in that one

The MAIN thing that bugs me is a HUGE pine tree in my neighbor's front yard. I'm south west of the tree. If it comes my way it will split my house in half.

Banned
    Here is what I do not understand,

They tell Galveston to evacuate or else, but they tell the city of Houston to stay put! WTF??????? If I remember right Galveston is only a 30/45min drive from downtown Houston. Did somebody in high up in the NOAA get a traffic ticket recently in Houston?

Those ditches on the side of the street in Slidell are like filled to the top some are overflowing...so a lot of the smaller streets are getting flooded all over Slidell because of the storm surge. Just incredible how this storm is affecting such a large area.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrace Fan
    Here is what I do not understand,

They tell Galveston to evacuate or else, but they tell the city of Houston to stay put! WTF??????? If I remember right Galveston is only a 30/45min drive from downtown Houston. Did somebody in high up in the NOAA get a traffic ticket recently in Houston?
    Come on, man, be reasonable. Galveston is taking a direct hit and is on the water. Houston is inland. However, there are bayous and the ship channel that works up towards Houston. Think barataria bay, for example. As a result, parts of Houston were evacuated. And Galveston is more than a 30 minute drive from downtown Houston, unless, of course, you travel in the middle of the night at 100 mph.

Banned
    Ohio and Indiana taking a hit as well.

Thread Information