Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baron Re-Signs!!!!!

DA would make a great weatherman.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Great news! Guess it goes to show that he and his agent were waiting to see if a trade to a preferred team would materialize. I guess that preferred team was the Clippers. Once that possibility fell through, he immediately signed the deal. Thus, his intentions all along seemed to have been to go to the Clips. It didn't work, so now he runs and signs the deal before something happens to him that would cause the offer to be pulled. In the end, I don't blame the guy for looking into his options. I have considered job transfers that might have moved me back to NOLA, so it's all good!

Hall of Famer
    Congratualtions all New Orleans fans- This is a great day for the Hornets- I wish I could have enjoyed such good times while they were here- it's looks like George and Ray have learned their lesson and the Hornets will be a competitive team as long as Baron is healthy. You guys should be really excited.
    With the third pick in the 2006 NBA Draft the Charlotte Bobcats select Rudy Gay..........

Thanks C-J! I know I am excited and can't wait for the tipoff. Its a shame for true fans like you C-J in what happened there. But, you can still follow them this year. It should be great and alot of fun to watch.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Charlotte-Jason
    Congratualtions all New Orleans fans- This is a great day for the Hornets- I wish I could have enjoyed such good times while they were here- it's looks like George and Ray have learned their lesson and the Hornets will be a competitive team as long as Baron is healthy. You guys should be really excited.
    Thanks. Maybe you are right, but I am thinking that George and Ray have an improved cash flow in NOLA and they are trying to get off on the right foot by keeping their star player and making an immediate impact in the NBA for NOLA fans. Thanks, again.

Originally posted by say-what
    Fan f'ing tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:919993:

BTW, I guess I could take a slice of that crow pie, b/c I didn't think he was going to sign this year, but play it out until next.
    Yeah, I guess I'll take mine also. I just thought he was going to do his best to get out. Can't believe I agreed with DA. What is this world coming to?

WWL TV has the news on the top of their website in the breaking news box.

See link: www.wwltv.com

Breaking News: "Hornets re-sign guard Baron Davis to multi-year deal. Details to follow."
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Someone reported an announcement coming at 2pm. Is that true and where? WWL-870?

Why hasn't ESPN.com said anything? Have they been scooped or are they embarrassed by the comments of their expert basketball columnist, David Aldridge?

The Hornets official site has the story up on the front page.

And WWL radio just made the announcement.

BD will be a Hornet for a long time!

Here's Baron's quote from the Hornets story:

"I'm looking forward to starting a new winning tradition here in New Orleans," said Davis. "We have a great team and a great chance to build on our success, so I hope the fans and the city are as excited as I am."

Welcome to New Orleans Baron!

From the article that spongey linked to...

"I'm looking forward to starting a new winning tradition here in New Orleans," said Davis. "We have a great team and a great chance to build on our success, so I hope the fans and the city are as excited as I am."

Baron Davis is the real "star QB" in New Orleans. He needs to give Mr. Brooks a few lessons in public relations.

Welcome to New Orleans Baron!!

So he was actually here. Before, no one could really find him (besides b-ball tournaments). What a difference a day makes. Welcome BD. How about stopping by at NOH.com and giving me and say-what an exclusive to post for the board members?

Slidell, great minds think alike.

Now if I could only figure out where I left mine, I will be fine for the rest of the day.

When you find out who they are, let me know. I'd like to meet them.

Now if I could only figure out where I left mine, I will be fine for the rest of the day.
    Ha-ha!

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...mine must be a great waste.

That's o.k., what's the worse that could happen? A relapse of bdiddy's Laker plague? :9199995:
    I'm getting like harvey, quoting myself.

Here's the cure for that plague.

Hall of Famer
    HA!
    HA HA!
    Hahaha.

I was right, as usual. He did sign. Doubt the Force at your peril.

P.S. "Trust $0.03 you should not. Yes, easier it is. Faster. But his way the Dark Side lies. And Death." Yoda, Pardon The Interruption, ESPN, July 29, 2002.

Alright!!!!!! I'm still a Hornets fan!!!!!!!

Awesome

RIP #31

Originally posted by Slidell Hornet
    I won't believe it until ol "3 cents" says he's gone!

I'll take some crow too. I really did not believe he would EVER re-sign. Don't get me wrong, I am happy he did, but I still believe he would have rathered get the max in LA, NY or CHI. Some doors closed on him and he had 84 million reasons to sign the deal here. This was the best end case scenario in this entire situation for us. Now practice them damn FTs and lets win a championship. Any less than the NBA trophy and I'll chase them out of town.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 07-30-2002 at 02:41 PM.

Anyone think he'll lend me a million? I could use it right now.

Originally posted by Grandadmiral
    Anyone think he'll lend me a million? I could use it right now.
    I think New Orleans collective net worth just got kicked up a little more. Maybe 6 cents now.

Banned
    Get a grip on yourself, say. PLEASE.

If these Harvey-like symptoms continue, let me know & I'll schedule you an appointment with Dr. Anna Kournikova.

I hear her specialty is hot-tub therapy.

Thread Information