Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jazz to wear retro-uniforms for opener

Originally posted by killah
    I hope the score board will say New Orleans v New Orleans too, just for kicks

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I'm mixed on this. I like and hate the idea of Utah wearing the old unis. But atleast it is happening, and not too bad since it isn't an exhibition game but . . . the Hornets first real game as a team settled in New Orleans. That takes the sting off it.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    I am more than stoked for this game! I am pretty sure that I'll be there for this!

I am curious if the Jazz will play in their road retro purple or the home white? It is a road game for them, so they should wear the purple. On the other hand, since this is a special event and they are going retro, I say go all the way and let them wear home white! The road purple is not nearly as good. Besides, they never played in purple in NOLA with the one exception (I think) of that ATL game at the UNO arena durin the 1984-85 season. Put them in home white. Man, what a weird feeling for li'l old NOLA!

I have seen the Jazz play (post-NOLA) in 5 other NBA cities, now they finally return to NOLA, which they haven't done since the retiring of #7 in a 1988 pre-season game! I am totally stoked about this!

yweh

cmon guys, im 100% positive that they aren't wearing the old uniforms to slight us. its just to add more to the atmosphere and excitement of the game. you shouldnt feel mixed about this, it should be all positive.

with that being said, maybe they can leave those uniforms in our locker room =) we can trade names.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    You guys are right . . . and I am excited for this. But seeing those old unis (knowing I like them more than any other jersey, as well as the name) will be hard, until tip off.

Finally I feel the NBA is doing this right. Good sched to bring attendance. First game at home against Jazz . . . and now hearing of retro unis for the game is a good step for the NBA to take with New Orleans.

Thats sounds good but I just want to know where's my LOGO?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Originally posted by Hornet 0010
    Thats sounds good but I just want to know where's my LOGO?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    C'mon Hornets. Give it up already!!!

Hall of Famer
    I think it's great. This is all basically saying, Charlotte didn't lose a basketball team, New Orleans got one back! I am pumped.

How about this, not only should we play jazz during the breaks, but we chant "We want our name!"?

When we had the Jazz there was nothing above the logo on the uniforms, just on merchandise -shirts, hats, etc we had the logo and New Orleans above. Also Utah played 3 or so years with their jerseys the same way and then started using their city name above the logo. So if they just wore the jerseys with just the logo and neither city name above it then it could be seen as a team for both city.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by pistol #7
    When we had the Jazz there was nothing above the logo on the uniforms, just on merchandise -shirts, hats, etc we had the logo and New Orleans above. Also Utah played 3 or so years with their jerseys the same way and then started using their city name above the logo. So if they just wore the jerseys with just the logo and neither city name above it then it could be seen as a team for both city.
    The question is why are the Jazz going to go retro in the first place. Is it just for this game (likely) or for the whole season (unlikely)? If it is just for the game, then what is the intent? Is it to celebrate the Jazz' birth into the NBA? If so, then a New Orleans Jazz uniform should be used, which would mean no city logo on it. If it is to provide closure to New Orleans, finally, then the old uniform with the "Utah" above the logo might be appropriate. When the Jazz played at UNO in 1984 and at the dome in 1988, does anyone remember if they played with the "Utah" logo or if they dropped the city name for those games? If I were to bet on this issue, which I wouldn't, I'd expect the Jazz to come out with some nice retro uni's that do not include the city name on them, which brings us back to the 1974-79 period for our former team!

didnt i call this??? didnt you all say it wouldnt happen

Thread Information