Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: baron will not accept

Rookie
    alright, my bust CC Hornet. look, i'm not trying to start trouble or anything, i just dont understand how you can doubt a report that baron said he most likely wasnt going to. i can understand if DA was on espn and said "i dont expect baron to sign back.' but as i said, the chinese guy reported that baron told that to DA.

We'll see on the 17th if that is true.

Originally posted by gohornetz
    alright, my bust CC Hornet. look, i'm not trying to start trouble or anything, i just dont understand how you can doubt a report that baron said he most likely wasnt going to. i can understand if DA was on espn and said "i dont expect baron to sign back.' but as i said, the chinese guy reported that baron told that to DA.
    No big gohornetz. No slight intended.

Why doubt him? Because he and his network have been wrong on numerous occasions within the past few months. But, he is always ready to jump on the bandwagon and take credit for none which is his. That's all. Oh and his name is mud here among all aware of his verbal abuse of New Orleans.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    If you said it came from anywhere else I would probably believe it. But, David has a bad history of reporting rumor as fact. Sure, Baron told David . . . Davis isn't telling anybody on the planet what his real plans are except for Mr Aldridge; I hope the Hornets management hear that report, b/c it would be a shock to them.

It might happen, but David did report those other things and they didn't come true.

I thought it was a hurricane, but if he said tornato it further shows his ignorance.

Rookie
    well if he said some crap about NOLA then i understand why you guys dont like him, but i am a carolina boy so i have nothing against him.

and i just read on the hornets page on espn.com that a SOURCE CLOSE TO BARON told DA that he probably wasnt going to sign. so now we are getting conflicting reports. did barons boys in LA say that b/c they want baron to come, or did baron really say it??? hmmmmm............?

Rookie
    yea, but hasnt DA also reported some stuff before that has been true? and dont tell me no, b/c we all know he still wouldnt work for ESPN if everything he reported was false, especially as much as he is involved with the network. well, sportscenter starts in 4 min., so i will see if they say anything.

well if he said some crap about NOLA then i understand why you guys dont like him, but i am a carolina boy so i have nothing against him.
    That's good to hear. Then you know why we have nothing against the owners here.

I have nothing against you gohornetz, but it isn't just NO . . . he pulls this crap all the time. He reported that Kobe/Carter trade last summer like it already happened . . . I remember the ESPN graphic showing the two players side by side except with Carter on the LAkers side of the screen . . . Right now news is slow, they will put anything up on that page. It is one of the problems of internet journalism, you report feelings and rumor as fact, then when it doesn't happen you just take it down.

Rookie
    hell, i expect that you guys love the owners. i mean, when shinn got us the hornets in 88 we loved him here. well i didnt, i dont even think i could read, none the less love a billionaire bball owner. but everyone here loved him. he was more popular in north carolina than, dare i say, richard petty? haha, god i hate nascar.

but by the time the mid 90s rolled around, we all started to dislike him. i want to say i hope he does some crap to you guys so you will realize what kind of garbage he is, but i love this team to much to hope for anything bad like that.

go hornets!

We don't want to get into the owners conversation. Sorry. I was just making a point.

and i just read on the hornets page on espn.com that a SOURCE CLOSE TO BARON told DA that he probably wasnt going to sign...
    I haven't talked to DA!!! I swear.

Rookie
    by the way, there was a fight in the wnba today. haha. i'm serious, watch sportscenter.

Rookie
    speaking of the wnba, your city stole our NBA team, but you'll never get the sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, a fight? What was it like . . . cat fight or bar brawl?

Maybe if they made the WNBA more like Foxxxy Boxing, I could watch it.

Originally posted by nyknicksfan
    I thought it was a hurricane, but if he said tornado it further shows his ignorance.
    Yeah...

He said tornado. I just listened to it again. I'll never forgoet those infamous four minutes from the $0.03 man.

speaking of the wnba, your city stole our NBA team, but you'll never get the sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're right about that. But if you don't get that expansion team anytime soon, the league may move them also.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

I haven't talked to DA!!! I swear.
    It was SpongeRidge!!!

That b***t@%d!!! He's poisoning the market again. When will it ever end?

Rookie
    hey, we dont need the sting! we have the super bowl favorite panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey, we dont need the sting! we have the super bowl favorite panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What are there Vegas odds this year?

Rookie
    i'd say about 5,000 to 1. yea, so i'm feeling good about the season.

Travis Bickle Contributor cab694's Avatar
    i'd say about 5,000 to 1. yea, so i'm feeling good about the season.
    Hey gohornetz, actually the're 80-1. The only team worse are the Texans at 85-1. p.s. i don't know if I welcomed you, but welcome. You seem to be a TRUE Hornet's fan. I see the "clique" also welcomed you. But you gotta know the history with DA over here to understand. I'm sure most of them didn't realize you were new. Again, we;lcome. It'll be nice to hear some fresh takes on the situation.
    Last edited by cab694; 07-12-2002 at 06:03 PM.

Chairman Of The Bored

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." -cab694

Banned
    Originally posted by Grandadmiral

It was SpongeRidge!!!

That b***t@%d!!! He's poisoning the market again. When will it ever end?
    Maybe, just maybe, it'll end for a couple weeks in December when Sponge and loverboy Harvey **ahem** tie the knot & head off to the luxurious Super 8 Motel in Waynesboro, Mississippi for their honeymoon.

THIS JUST IN!

A source close to both COCajun and nyknicksfan has told Ol' Three-Cents that loyal NOH.com members would love nothing more than to see him take his predictions and stick them up (and perpendicular to) his gluteal opening.

Added the source, who spoke only on condition of anonymity, "Miss Cleo missed her calling. She would've lasted longer as an ESPN hoops analyst. After all, even her sources are more accurate than those of that three-cent stooge posing as an insider."

I can say this, that prediction of David shoving it, is 100% solid!!!

And will stand by it. I just hope when it happens he isn't anywhere near a natural disaster, in a city with pro sports.

Rookie
    alright guys, well i dont have beef with DA, i have always enjoyed reading his stuff online and listening to what he had to say. but i still believe him about the BD thing, and i dont think baron is going to accept the contract offer.

alright guys, well i dont have beef with DA, i have always enjoyed reading his stuff online and listening to what he had to say. but i still believe him about the BD thing, and i dont think baron is going to accept the contract offer.
    That's alright. DA's just our favorite ESPN "analyst" to love to hate. I don't think we would believe him if he said the sun would come up tomorrow.

I'd still rather hear it first hand from Baron than anyone else. Because everything else reported about him that has come through sources close to him or his agent, seem to carry a different message than what Baron says himself.

Thread Information