Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: baron will not accept

Banned
    Originally posted by say-what
    That's alright. DA's just our favorite ESPN "analyst" to love to hate. I don't think we would believe him if he said the sun would come up tomorrow.

I'd still rather hear it first hand from Baron than anyone else. Because everything else reported about him that has come through sources close to him or his agent, seem to carry a different message than what Baron says himself.
    EXACTLY.

I don't want to hear it from David Aldridge or Jerome Stanley. I'd rather go on what Baron himself says when ol' Jerome isn't standing next to him to control his words.

Let Baron speak.

Brad

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    alright guys, well i dont have beef with DA, i have always enjoyed reading his stuff online and listening to what he had to say. but i still believe him about the BD thing, and i dont think baron is going to accept the contract offer.
    Hey, no problem. I just can't stand him, but we all have writers and reporter we like and hate. Heck, I like Phil Mushnick and Peter Vecsey never missing an article, but most everybody hates these guys.

Just hope you understand my hate is directed toward David and not you. I'll hate you for completely different reasons! (Just Kidding, welcome to the board).

I choose to hate rick riley myself

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Alright, first post on this subject. Dude, I can't find anything in print that mentions this rumor. I know that you said that it was reported on television today, but that's kind of a big news item. How come it hasn't shown up on the ESPN website, or any website for that matter? I believe what you are saying, but...Need a link, please, when/if it comes out. thanks.

Time for some football!!!

Rookie
    i saw it on ESPNews a little after 5:00pm eastern time yesterday. and then on espn's website, it says it was just a source close to baron. but on ESPNews it said it was baron who told DA.

Originally posted by gohornetz
    i saw it on ESPNews a little after 5:00pm eastern time yesterday. and then on espn's website, it says it was just a source close to baron. but on ESPNews it said it was baron who told DA.
    Well, as has been pointed out to me by one of our recently banned posters, I am not very smart. I guess I couldn't find it on ESPN.com. If you wouldn't mind, I'd find it helpful if you could find a link. Thanks.

Rookie
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nor

that is the link referring to the source that informed DA

by the way, i am eating popcorn right now out of my charlotte hornets popcorn bucket that i got at the last game ever at the coliseum(but not the last nba game ever in charlotte) which unfortunately was a loss to that loser nets. sorry, i just thought i'd share that.

Originally posted by gohornetz
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nor

that is the link referring to the source that informed DA

by the way, i am eating popcorn right now out of my charlotte hornets popcorn bucket that i got at the last game ever at the coliseum(but not the last nba game ever in charlotte) which unfortunately was a loss to that loser nets. sorry, i just thought i'd share that.
    Thanks for the link. I saw that last night. Maybe I am missing it, but I see no reference to your initial report. I must be missing something here. Enjoy your popcorn! From your link:

Davis still weighing options

The Hornets have no desire to get rid of Davis.
    Hornets point guard Baron Davis has not decided on the team's offer of a contract extension and might wait until the Oct. 31 deadline to make up his mind, his agent says. "He'd like to weigh all his options," agent Jerome Stanley said on July 9. "That's what he's interested in." A source close to Davis told ESPN's David Aldridge it's doubtful that Davis will accept the team's contract extension offer. Stanley and Bob Bass, the Hornets' executive vice president of basketball operations, have spoken several times since the team offered Davis the deal on July 1, Bass said. Stanley would say only that the Hornets are aware of Davis' intention to study the six-year, $84 million contract extension, which is the maximum amount the team can offer.
    Denberg: To-do list | Aldridge: Slim pickings

Bird appears, boosts bid

You can talk about DA all you want; I won't believe it until I hear it from Buddy D!

Originally posted by Hub City Hornet
    You can talk about DA all you want; I won't believe it until I hear it from Buddy D!
    Hearing it is one thing, but understanding it would be another.

The rumors are flying with this thing. I read this morning in the Post that, Baron leaning toward taking the deal. Of course the NYPost isn't the most trustworthy paper, but it is new news from a different source. We'll see.

I stick to my original guns. Baron will not sign the deal. But, I would welcome being proved wrong. As adamant as he is right now, 85M should be enough to make him consider taking it.

It just needs to be settled. I haven't been able to find the news on ESPN, I figured it would be a "link" story on the NBA page. However, I am excited about reading the Ewing might retire and become an assistant coach. I would really like to see him go to the Knicks just for a retirement thing, and then become a coach. I'm sure no body else wants him, so I would be happy.

85m is a lot of dough, I understand the concerns from Baron's side, but he doesn't have to play basketball . . . if he isn't happy with the way the pros are run, he can go elsewhere. But, that would be ashame b/c he is good, and with his playing attitude, good for the game.

Rookie
    yea i know, the link i sent you just talked about the source. but i guess that chinese fella on ESPNews was confused, b/c he said baron told DA. anyways, the article in the NY Post today said baron was leaning towards signing the extension. although its the ny post, thats good news, b/c you would think that they would be optimistic in their chance of signing baron. so that is good news.

Rookie
    DA dont know **** !!!!!
    Wooo sadowah, wapashaw !

(Pootie Tang from Pootie Tang the Movie)

Thread Information