Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baron Davis at Essence Festival !

Bella Luna is pretty good. I've been to Ditka's twice and didn't like it either time. Maybe I should try the Steak Dianne, well, on second thought I won't. Wasn't Dianne Ditka the one who said "not even Jesus Christ could make the Saints a winner"?

Everytime I drive by Ditka's, I look in there and I usually see about 10-15 people eating in there. I'm amazed it's still in business.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Ditka's won't be in business for long. I believe they're selling and re-naming the place.

I think its going to be called Saints will whoop your ****** Restaurant

Originally posted by sjoh007
    mike ditka's and bella luna SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't speak for Bella Luna, but you are right on the money about Ditka's. IT SUCKS!

Did you guys know Ditka has not owned the restaurnat for a year now. It was bought by a local and he had to leave the name the same for at least a year. If there is a name change (and I think there will be), it will probably be the same current owner just repackaging the restaurnat. I really think New Orleans soured on the restaurant after the Ditka firing and have taken out their feelings on the restaurnat because it still bares his name. Ditka has been gone from there for quite some time. The current owner also owns a great retail wine shop in Baton Rouge.

Man, I love Bella Luna. sjoh007, I don't know what your taste in restaurants run...but Bella Luna is great food, great atmosphere and awesome view. The bartenders pour a mean drink, too.

Now it costs a bit more than $0.03, but you have realize that when you walk into the place.

Now Ditka's...well...it was much better as Mike's on the Avenue prior to the Ditka Debacle.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Banned
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    I really think New Orleans soured on the restaurant after the Ditka firing and have taken out their feelings on the restaurnat because it still bares his name. Ditka has been gone from there for quite some time. The current owner also owns a great retail wine shop in Baton Rouge.
    What's the name of that wine shop, so I'll know where to stop in when I move down there?

Brad

Travis Bickle Contributor cab694's Avatar
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    Did you guys know Ditka has not owned the restaurnat for a year now. It was bought by a local and he had to leave the name the same for at least a year. If there is a name change (and I think there will be), it will probably be the same current owner just repackaging the restaurnat. I really think New Orleans soured on the restaurant after the Ditka firing and have taken out their feelings on the restaurnat because it still bares his name. Ditka has been gone from there for quite some time. The current owner also owns a great retail wine shop in Baton Rouge.
    People soured on Ditka's because it is overpriced, second-rate food. Ditka's firing has nothing to do with it. It would have closed long ago if not for tourists. There are probably 50 better restaurants in New Orleans. Maybe more.

Chairman Of The Bored

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." -cab694

I will reiterate what I posted Thursday over at SaintsReport.com. I had dinner at Ditka's on Wednesday night. My wife and I were the last couple in the place that evening and were the last to leave. As I was paying the bill, our waiter commented that we would likely be the last customers of the restaurant because the owner was in negotiations with the Brennans to take the establishment over. In any case from what I was told the Ditka name is history. In the event that negotiations break down and the Brennan family (not sure which branch) does not take over the place, I would think that Ditka's would just close for good. From what I could gather, it seems that the era of Mike Ditka's is over.

And by the way, the experience, the food, wine and price were all good. Not great mind, but good. Clearly that restaurant would have had no problem making a niche in NOLA had the namesake experienced a bit more success on the gridiron.

Oh, and by the way, anybody that would say Bella Luna SUCKS obviously spends way too much time at more fashionable establishments such as McDonalds and Taco Bell.

Originally posted by COCajun

What's the name of that wine shop, so I'll know where to stop in when I move down there?

Brad
    Brad, The gentleman who bought Ditkas from Mike and Co. last summer owns a wine ship in BR named Grand Krewe. Hope that helps. I know of several nice places to buy wine and eat in BR. If you need help, let me know.

Thread Information