Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: baron will not accept

Rookie

baron will not accept

ESPNews just reported that baron davis told david aldridge that he will most likely not accept the hornets offer.

well that really sucks. i was beginning to think he might accept. wow, my day just got a whole lot worse.

Well if David Aldridge reported it, it must be true. :11111: :nocchio:

Rookie
    are you being sarcastic or something?

first of all, i have a lot of respect for DA, b/c he is normally right about stuff he reports, and he knows what he is talking about.

and i doubt ESPN would air that if it was just rumor. watch sportscenter at 6, and when they go to the update desk at 6:30, lets see what they say.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Great, all this means is that he's signing.

Rookie
    huh? why does that mean he will sign?

Originally posted by gohornetz
    are you being sarcastic or something?
    Yes, you obviously are a newbie to the goings on with the Hornets and New Orleans. You may want to search the archives for Aldridge threads.

Rookie
    what? are you speaking to me? i am a newbie to the hornets? um, i believe i have been a hornets fan A LOT longer than you. try going on my 12 season as a fan. how about you?

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Aldridge right? About what, b/c it isn't basketball:

when he said Jordan wouldn't return (twice, after both retirements) . . .

that Ewing would retire a Knick, a month before he was traded . . .

that Hornets wouldn't move (enough said, this is was certain of) . . .

how about last summer when he was dead set on the Kobe/Carter trade (what a fool) . . .

oh yeah, he was right when he said that the Grizz would move to St Louis and not MEM (boy he sure knows his relocation) . . .

or that Duncan would force a trade to ORL (even after SA kept him, he still said it would happen and that SA did it to build the arena and then they would trade him) . . .

and when he Webber would end up in NY, (that was on the spot) . . .

but the topper is when he questioned what NO would do if they got the Hornets and then got hit by a hurricane. Very classy move on his part, a real pro. Give me Peter Vecey over this loser anyday. Aldridge is a joke, and worse hurts the sport.

Is that sarcastic enough?

Rookie
    he is most like simply going on what people tell him. so you people are honestly telling me, that to get a rise, DA is going to call up the espn offices in bristol and say, baron davis just told me that he is most likely not going to accept the offer?

i didnt say DA was saying that. he was reporting what BARON TOLD HIM.

You are still new to the New Orleans forum ? Are you not? That is what I was saying. Aldridge has a several month old history here you do not know. So cool down dude.

Rookie
    and by the way, nyknicksfan, i'm sure you hae been wrong about a thing or two in your life.

Rookie
    I just came from espn.com and Baron didn't say that a source close to Baron told David that Baron was doubting if he want to stay six years. He didn't say he was not going to sign.
    I'm not a playa I'm the coach.

Originally posted by nyknicksfan
    Aldridge right? About what, b/c it isn't basketball:

when he said Jordan wouldn't return (twice, after both retirements) . . .

that Ewing would retire a Knick, a month before he was traded . . .

that Hornets wouldn't move (enough said, this is was certain of) . . .

how about last summer when he was dead set on the Kobe/Carter trade (what a fool) . . .

oh yeah, he was right when he said that the Grizz would move to St Louis and not MEM (boy he sure knows his relocation) . . .

or that Duncan would force a trade to ORL (even after SA kept him, he still said it would happen and that SA did it to build the arena and then they would trade him) . . .

and when he Webber would end up in NY, (that was on the spot) . . .

but the topper is when he questioned what NO would do if they got the Hornets and then got hit by a hurricane. Very classy move on his part, a real pro. Give me Peter Vecey over this loser anyday. Aldridge is a joke, and worse hurts the sport.

Yeah, but what proof do you have?

If this is true, it's no surprise to me. When you guys gonna start trusting Harvey? My record is a hell of alot better than @$$clown DA.

Like everyone else says, if Aldridge says it, it must be true. Now let him tell me another fairy tale about how the Hornets won't move, the relocation fee is $100M or $250M.

I wouldn't believe anything D.A. says.

Rookie
    dude, i'm cooled down. sorry, it just seemed like you were saying that i was new to the hornets, and i didnt know what i was talking about. its straight.

30 years as a fan give or take a year. OK, Mr. Gohornetz.

Rookie
    are you people mad? what is the matter with you people??????? baron told that to DA. i doubt DA just made it up. come on, you people are acting crazy.

Rookie
    30 years as a fan of the hornets? what? i guess i'm confused.

what? are you speaking to me? i am a newbie to the hornets? um, i believe i have been a hornets fan A LOT longer than you. try going on my 12 season as a fan. how about you?
    Calm down, gohornetz.

He meant new to the message board. We have a lot of history with DA. No one is questioning your knowledge of the team.

It went over your head dude. Forget it.

30 years as a fan of the hornets? what? i guess i'm confused.
    30 years huh? If that is true, you have everyone else on earth beat by about 16!

Rookie
    well, to the dude who said he just read it on ESPNews, i just saw it on espn, the update desk at 5:15, with that chinese guy, and he said" Hornets point guard Baron Davis told our David Aldridge that he will most likely not accept the teams contract extension. davis averaged blah blah blah--- and he said some more crap aobut stats.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

30 years huh? If that is true, you have everyone else on earth beat by about 16!
    As an NBA fan, but I know you knew that.

Originally posted by nyknicksfan

And I don't think he said that. If I can remember the radio spot, did't he say tornado? I could be wrong. Bottom line is when it comes to DA, from a New Orleans standpoint, he has no credibility.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    It's his job, he needs to meet dealines. His sources must be real crappy, b/c all those thigs I posted were major stories he reported during his stay at ESPN. Sure, informants are told things and sometimes they don't happen. But see, you should use common sense when you are a reporter and know that not everything you are told is set in stone. He reports everything like it is fact, when most of it is rumor.

Vecsey gets dragged through the coals for writting a NBA gossip column (yet he get held to a higher standard than a real fact based reporter) for the NYPost, David's job is to be a NBA reporter giving us the facts . . . he truely felt Jordan wasn't comming back (he did atleast 4 stories on it, and he actually bashed other reporters who said Jordan would come back). The Hornets mess was the last straw, several times during the year he had to keep back tracking . . . correcting his rumor based news almost daily when facts came out.

But, for me when he questioned NO ability to support the Hornets and survive a natural disaster . . . he showed his ignorance. What's worse, this was not that long after 9/11 and NY was rebuilding . . . after the attacks, WAS he suggesting that if NY teams kept playing they were taking money away from the relief effort? Or if SF suffered an earthquake similar to 1906 they should let their teams move away? No, oh I see he just feels NO shouldn't be allowed disaster relief money, b/c it is wrong tp want to have an NBA team . . . right?

This man is a journalist, and very lucky to be one at that (but it doesn't make him right).

Thread Information