Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis at Essence Festival !

Rookie

News Baron Davis at Essence Festival !

Just heard from a couple of my friends who's there that davis was seen hanging out back having the time of his life ! he should be doing the intro for the next group. they said he does not look like a guy who does not want to be in new orleans!!!!!! take it for what it's worth.
    Wooo sadowah, wapashaw !

(Pootie Tang from Pootie Tang the Movie)

Where's the attitude going to be when the party's over? That's what I wonder.

He is here to have a good time. Hundreds of thousands of people come here each year and have a good time. That doesn't necessarliy make them want to move here.

Have any of the local sports reporters gotten an interview with him?

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN
    Have any of the local sports reporters gotten an interview with him?
    Now were talking. I just want to hear some definintive words from his mouth.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Originally posted by Bad Andy
    Where's the attitude going to be when the party's over? That's what I wonder.
    This is New Orleans, party's never over

Let's hope he has a great time and decides he wants to stay. I'd still like to see him here if he wants to be here.

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    Let's hope he has a great time and decides he wants to stay. I'd still like to see him here if he wants to be here.
    As much as I have been a proponent of a trade, I agree with you. I just don't think it is going to happen. I think this new agent has him screwed up.

I think he did give him bad advice. But, if he signs I will forgive his silence on all of the obvious rumors that are mostly true. Like one of the posters say, "Just give him the d*** ball."

Rookie
    they asked him about the hornets my friends said he said "NO COMMENT" He's here to have fun and not talk about buisness !

Rookie
    fox news 8 is about to talk about the essence festival maybe they might have a official comment from him. his last comment was when he was talking to comedian Steve Harvey

Originally posted by sjoh007
    they asked him about the hornets my friends said he said "NO COMMENT" He's here to have fun and not talk about buisness !
    I always hate to hear the infamous "no comment."

Rookie
    maybe we should just wait and see huh ?

You know he's going to meet with Silas and Bass while here. Something will be said by someone after the visit.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    i want him here whether we wants to be here or not. just wanted to make that perfectly clear.

he'll learn to like it, and in the process he'll make us a title contender. if he doesn't learn to like it, that's too bad for him. i guarantee he won't tank it just because he's not hapy with the city...he wants to be a star, and he wants publicity - that's why he wants a "big market" - and he won't get any of that if he goes in the tank.

New Orleans is a dead town right now. Mrs. Andy and I just got back from 2 nights at the Riverside Hilton (Tuesday and Wednesday) and I can tell you that even with the Essence Festival going on, the city looks and feels very deserted. We ate at Bella Luna on Tuesday night and that restaurant had only 3 other dinner parties in the place from 8:30 till they closed. We ate at Mike Ditka's on Wednesday and it was an identical situation. The quarter had parking available just about anywhere you wanted. Even with the Essence Festival bringing in a fair crowd the city still was empty. Don't get me wrong, that is a very normal situtation for this time of year. Mid summer is the dead zone for tourism and convention business here. My point is that Baron Davis coming to New Orleans now will not see that vibrant busy town that he obviously needs to see. Anyway, jmho.

Draft Pick
    Bad Andy, The Essence Festival didn't start until thurs july 4th

Originally posted by Randino
    Bad Andy, The Essence Festival didn't start until thurs july 4th
    Very true. People were arriving and checking in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not saying the festival doesn't add to the activity scene, I'm just suggesting that by itself it doesn't seem to make the city that busy despite all the hype behind it. Although if it wouldn't be for this festival the city would be totally dead right now instead of 90% dead.

Originally posted by Bad Andy

Very true. People were arriving and checking in on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm not saying the festival doesn't add to the activity scene, I'm just suggesting that by itself it doesn't seem to make the city that busy despite all the hype behind it. Although if it wouldn't be for this festival the city would be totally dead right now instead of 90% dead.
    But that's totally off. Since Wednesday night, the city has been buzzing. Hotels are overbooked and parties are going on everywhere. You can't take your observation that by Ditka's and Bella Luna being empty that the city is dead. I'm attending Essence and believe me, the first thing on the minds of those attending is not Mike Ditka's. Now mention Dooky Chase's and that's a different story.

Hall of Famer
    I heard David (filling in for Bob Delgiorno) on WWL-AM saying that he was fairly sure that a lot of the Essence Festival people would be sleeping in today because there were lots of people still on the street at 4 in the morning when he came in. I can confirm that this is basically what happened because by 7:30-8:00 this morning downtown was basically dead. No doubt the fact that a lot of locals are off-work and/or out of town today has a good deal to do with it.

I spent 3 days in the city and can tell you that Mike Ditka's and Bella Luna are not the only places that I went. I stand by my statements. In saying that bear in mind that it is not my intent to disparage the Essence Festival. I just don't think it's as big a deal as some people make it out to be.

Draft Pick
    I reiterate, the essence festival started yesterday & a lot of people came in yesterday. Go downtown & the quarter tonight & you will see. The essence festival is a huge event!

Originally posted by Randino
    I reiterate, the essence festival started yesterday & a lot of people came in yesterday. Go downtown & the quarter tonight & you will see. The essence festival is a huge event!
    I totally agree. That's the exact point I'm trying to make.

Rookie
    mike ditka's and bella luna SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by sjoh007
    mike ditka's and bella luna SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow. I have eaten at both restaurnats pretty often. I have had some great filets (steak dianne) at Ditka's during Mike's time there and after. Bella Luna has been one of the better fine dining establishments in New Orleans for more than 10 years now. Horst does a great job over there. Bar none, Bella Luna has the best view of any restaurant in the city and is a great place for a romantic meal as well. Gotta disagree with ya sjoh007.

Thread Information