Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh? New York Times Reports - Davis Likely to Refuse Hornets' Offer

Originally posted by Jwho77
    Well, HH..if you look at my trade idea, PJ's gotta be part of it to make sense for NYK. I remember watching PJ play against my UNO Privateers way back when and think he has been a wondeful pro. But, I'll trade him and Baron in a heart beat for Miller and McDyess. If they stay healthy, we're playing the Lakers next June.
    Well, since you put it that way.... OK!!!!

...we get to go McDonalds
    If we got Miller and McDyess, we could actually scare the crap out of the Lakers. In fact, we'd have the perfect team to take them down.

A playmaking PG who plays sort of like Bibby
    A solid shootin guard who is like Derek Fisher, except that Wesley is 3x as good
    A scoring SF. They have absolutely NO ONE who can guard Mashburn. If you put Fox on him, Mashburn has a quickness advantage. If you put Kobe on him, Mashburn can post up on him.
    No one on that team can guard McDyess. Period. Well, maybe Shaq.
    The X Factor would be Elden Campbell. I think part of him despises Shaq and has a personal problem with the guy.

And our bench blows their bench away. Magloire, Alexander, Nailon is a very solid bench.

I'd still keep Lynch though. He's the only one on the team who can somewhat guard Kobe.

All-Star

HeHe

It is such a good idea, it can never happen. I, like may ardent posters here, am too damn smart to be a GM. The Knicks will regret giving up Nene Hilario soon enough, so we might as well make them forget the trade quickly by sticking them with Baron "memememememe" Davis, the perfect fit for New York.

Oh, and that part about N.O. being the best team in the East sounds pretty sweet, too.

McDyess can't be traded for 60 days from what I am hearing. Something about his contract or league rules of a guy in his current contract situation. Maybe one of our NBA CBA gurus can explain this to us.

All-Star
    Well, I think Augmon has a much better ability to guard Kobe than Lynch. And, unlike Lynch, he may actually want to play here. Philly wishes they hadn't given up Lynch and adding Salmons allows them to dump Snow (rumored all offseason). Plus, I really wish we could keep Nailon, but the salary cap probably prevents that. Besides, we will have plenty of scoring without him.

Basketball Guru Contributor
    I think Baron will sign the max and be a Hornet for a long time to come. I completely think he will sign it, bring us to the championship within a couple of years and make a name for himself and the team. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong--however, if he is really offered $85 million with this team and it gets out that he turned it down, then he will be the laughing fool of every NBA fan in the country and his ego would be the downfall of Davis as we know him in the NBA today.

In a weird way, I'd actually respect him if he turned it down to play with the Clippers. Personally, if I ever got the chance to play in the NFL for like the Seahawks, I'd pass on a huge contract to play with the Saints. If he turns it down to play in New York, I'll call him a dip****. If he signs the deal, I'll call him #1

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    McDyess can't be traded for 60 days from what I am hearing. Something about his contract or league rules of a guy in his current contract situation. Maybe one of our NBA CBA gurus can explain this to us.
    I'm willing to wait 60 days. Season doesn't start in 60 days does it?

Originally posted by alon504
    ...if he is really offered $85 million with this team and it gets out that he turned it down, then he will be the laughing fool of every NBA fan in the country...
    Not in CLT. They are unique there. I bet a great majority of them are praying novenas hoping to see Baron jilt the Hornets. Many of their (not necessarily those who visit and post here) lives revolve around hatred for Shinn and Wooldridge.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 07-02-2002 at 12:30 AM.

The Seahawks???....get a life...this statement should be discussed on an NFL site...then you'll hear a roar of laughter all the way from Texas.

Originally posted by Primetime
    In a weird way, I'd actually respect him if he turned it down to play with the Clippers. Personally, if I ever got the chance to play in the NFL for like the Seahawks, I'd pass on a huge contract to play with the Saints. If he turns it down to play in New York, I'll call him a dip****. If he signs the deal, I'll call him #1
    Ever been to Seattle? What a great place. If/when I ever move from New Orleans, Seattle is penciled in as my #1 desire. If I were a player and Seattle offered a boatload more than the Saints, I am a blue and silver wearing fool on Sunday.

Baron should get to know our town before he makes just walks away from that kind of jack.

Not in CLT. I bet a great majority of them are praying novenas hoping to see Baron jilt the Hornets. Many of their (not necessarily those who visit and post here) lives revolve around hatred for Shinn and Wooldridge.
    Well, we all know on this site that many in Charlotte have other motives and aren't NBA fans or Hornets fans...many (not all) are still completely filled with embarrassment and shame that this happened to their city. This has to do with ego towards their city since this happened, and they are entitled to feel that way. It's a free country. It'll be many years before this settles inside of them. I can understand that in a way. Now, do I care???--that's another story--we have the team here and are able to discuss such matters about our team.

Ever been to Seattle? What a great place. If/when I ever move from New Orleans, Seattle is penciled in as my #1 desire. If I were a player and Seattle offered a boatload more than the Saints, I am a blue and silver wearing fool on Sunday.

Baron should get to know our town before he makes just walks away from that kind of jack.
    I like Seattle too alot. I go there at least once a year for vacation. It's truly one of the prettiest cities in America. I go to Seattle for a few days and then I go to Orcas Island to chill. But, I'm just not that big of a fan of the Seahawks that much. I don't really like the AFC that much anyway.

All-Star
    alon504, Seattle's Seahawks have joined the NFC West this season to accomodate realignment and the Houston Texans.

Meanwhile, Seattle's Sonics are still buried in the NBA's Pacific Division where they will continue to be the Lakers' and Kings' b*tch. LOL, I just felt like saying that because Gary Payton deserves it.

Well, it'll still take alot to make me change opinions on the Seahawks...I forgot about the realignment this year. I will be intriqued to see if their offensive strategy changes...anyway, I am very happy on the latest news about Baron. He's a Hornet, and I'll think he'll stay a Hornet. I think the max contract will cause more to watch us next season than ordinarily would. I just can't wait until the schedule is ready. I foresee some pretty good primetime games.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar

harvey, check your e-mail!

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jwho77
    alon504, Seattle's Seahawks have joined the NFC West this season to accomodate realignment and the Houston Texans.

Meanwhile, Seattle's Sonics are still buried in the NBA's Pacific Division where they will continue to be the Lakers' and Kings' b*tch. LOL, I just felt like saying that because Gary Payton deserves it.
    Actually, the Sonics have played very well against the Fakers. I am not happy with the Seahawks moving to the NFC West. I was born and raised NFC West, so the Seahawks don't belong there. Seattle is nice, but it has the worst weather of the entire west coast (US). It doesn't rain all the time, though!

Fat chance the Hornets could net Miller + McDyess for Baron + Brown.

As for a match-up with the Lakers, problem is Shaq seems to have more of a problem with Elden than Elden does with Shaq. Shaq came out one time and went crazy on Elden, that was the one where Elden got sent off because he and Silas got into an argument about defensive strategies on him. I don't think we have beaten the Lakers in the regular season since we acquired Campbell.

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
    I agree 100%. That is a pipe dream.

WCH, thanks for the pic. Great stuff.

Originally posted by alon504
    I think Baron will sign the max and be a Hornet for a long time to come. I completely think he will sign it, bring us to the championship within a couple of years and make a name for himself and the team. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong--however, if he is really offered $85 million with this team and it gets out that he turned it down, then he will be the laughing fool of every NBA fan in the country and his ego would be the downfall of Davis as we know him in the NBA today.
    I have to agree with that. I really would be shocked if someone turned down that kind of $$$.

Not in CLT. They are unique there. I bet a great majority of them are praying novenas hoping to see Baron jilt the Hornets. Many of their (not necessarily those who visit and post here) lives revolve around hatred for Shinn and Wooldridge.
    I am sure you are correct. They are waiting to pounce on this board if he rejects that contract offer.

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

As for a match-up with the Lakers, problem is Shaq seems to have more of a problem with Elden than Elden does with Shaq. Shaq came out one time and went crazy on Elden, that was the one where Elden got sent off because he and Silas got into an argument about defensive strategies on him. I don't think we have beaten the Lakers in the regular season since we acquired Campbell.
    I'm not too high on McDyess right now anyway. He is coming off of a serious injury and only has 2 years remaining on his contract. He would be an expensive short term player.

I can't speak for the rest of Charlotte but I couldn't care less if Baron stays or goes. My life certainly doesn't revolve around hatred for George Shinn and I won't be over here gloating when/if Baron doesn't re-up. I think most of Charlotte feels the same way but obviously you guys still have issues with us.

I will say that for New Orleans sake I hope Baron resigns and wins a bunch of games for you. Regardless of whether he stays or not it is a positive sign that George and Ray are willing to offer him the max. That is all they can do. Good Luck.

Charlotte can't blame New Orleans or our owners if Baron doesn't sign. Just blame Baron von bone head if he doesn't re-sign here. And I'm with Harvey I'd get his *** out of here right now if he refuses. We can get somebody else for now even if we can't get Miller and then maybe make a play for Kidd next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey, don't flatter yourself. Most of us don't spend that much time thinking about YOUR problems. I, for one, hope Baron stays. Shinnridge definitely stepped up, but they couldn't really blow the first opportunity they had to impress their new city. Plus the spotlight is on them nationally with them bolting out of Charlotte, only to have 4 different ownership groups vying to fill the vacancy. An expansion team will likely be announced before the New Orleans Hornets play their first game.
    But, give the devil his due, Shinnridge definitely stepped up.

Thread Information