Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh? New York Times Reports - Davis Likely to Refuse Hornets' Offer

We have been having a blast on this board. No reason to pick on or blast CLT. This is just how the crap started on the CLT board for me. I will defend my city and (now) my team. There are some CLT posters here that we tease with. They understand we are just having fun. It has been very lighthearted. Lately, the BS has started again. Sour emotions are surfacing. It is not in fun. Think we can't have fun and take criticism, take a look at the way we talk about each other. Especially OURSELVES!!! I don't need you guys to make me look stupid. Don't leave, just lighten up. Think about where you are posting. There have been a few (not many) CLT posters who can come here and participate in the discussions and sillyness with out wreaking of sour grapes and anger. I enjoy trading posts and comments with those guys and gals. Lighten up and have some fun. If you feel you can't, maybe you should just take a break. I am sure your anger will subside once CLT gets awarded a new team. Lets hope, for your sake, that it doesn't take too long. Feel free to discuss that on the NBA talk forum. Know why, WE DON'T CARE IF YOU GET ANOTHER TEAM!!!!
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 07-03-2002 at 01:00 AM.

All of you say you dont care about Charlotte, but you continue to discuss it and bring them up even when nobody is talking about charlotte. Most of the posters from charlotte that post hear have wanted Baron to say and had nothing negative to say. Why is new orleans so bitter to charlotte? WHy do they feel so inferior? Is it because they are getting a new team only a few years after the hornets left and you had to wait so long? or is it because of the Baron situation?

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by originalbugs
    All of you say you dont care about Charlotte, but you continue to discuss it and bring them up even when nobody is talking about charlotte. Most of the posters from charlotte that post hear have wanted Baron to say and had nothing negative to say. Why is new orleans so bitter to charlotte? WHy do they feel so inferior? Is it because they are getting a new team only a few years after the hornets left and you had to wait so long? or is it because of the Baron situation?
    Man, you must spend so little time investing yourself in reading the board before you post. All of this little nonsense got started with you guys posting negative stuff about the owners, then it turned into negative stuff about the owners being in NOLA, then it turned into some negative stuff about NOLA - AGAIN!

No use in debating y ou in this he said-she said thing (you guys would be the she ). This is a NOLA board. Respect us or leave us. But just to prove to you that I don't care about CLT and what CLT says, I am going to add you to my ignore list.

Laissez les bon temps roulier, coullion!

originalbugs, don't know where you find that we continually bring up Charlotte when no one is talking about them, but I am sure it happens on occasion. Most of the Charlotte discussion I come across on this board seems to be the result of something brought up by someone from Charlotte.

New Orleans is not bitter towards Charlotte, our city never instigated any of the bashing and we generally only responded to the negativity out of Charlotte.

Inferiority - no idea what you are talking about. Other than hoping that the fans in Charlotte get a new franchise, I really don't care what happens in Charlotte. And truthfully, whether they do or don't get another team is inconsequential to the New Orleans Hornets.

Although I may from time to time respond to negative comments out of Charlotte or anywhere else about New Orleans, it is a far stretch of one's imagination to say that is because of an inferiority complex. The people of Charlotte would and have reacted in the same way, but I don't think you would consider that as a sign of an inferiority complex.

Anyway, I guess I it would have been simpler to have responded to your post with a big "whatever", but you get the full explanation.

I understand. I guess the thought of losing baron has made New Orleans upset. I can understand that because he is my favorite player to watch in the league, no matter what team he is on. I hope you dont get mad at every player you are unable to re-sign or you will not be happy much in New Orleans.

Its a game and these overpaid lugs get plenty of money to show their skills. It gets to the little guy who sees a great talent concerned with the things he should not really be focusing on. If you are good at what you do in anything in life you will be recognized and compensated accordingly for it. If he kept his mind on his game, everything else would take care of its self including those highly sought after endorsements.

Originally posted by Charlotte-Jason
    Pay through the nose? The current arena deal is better than the referendum that failed.
    I think this is what he means:

Cost to net the New Orleans Hornets

Arena Renovations-- $10 million
    Practice Facility-- $ 7 million
    Moving Expenses-- $ 2 million

Grand Total-- $19 million

Cost of obtaining new expansion team

New Arena-- $200 million (at least)
    Expansion Fee-- $250 million (middle of the road figure)

Grand Total-- $450 million

If that's not paying out of the nose, it's paying out of the @$$ or something.
    Last edited by GrandAdmiral-x; 07-03-2002 at 01:56 PM.

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

I think this is what he means:

Cost to net the New Orleans Hornets

Arena Renovations-- $10 million
    Practice Facility-- $ 7 million
    Moving Expenses-- $ 2 million

Grand Total-- $19 million

Cost of obtaining new expansion team

New Arena-- $200 million (at least)
    Expansion Fee-- $100 million (at least, probably more)

Grand Total-- $300 million

If that's not paying out of the nose, it's paying out of the @$$ or something.
    Expansion fee has been estimated at $200-$300 million!

That is a lot of smack to pay for a new team when you could have gotten off much cheaper in building a arena when they had the chance a year ago with the referendum.

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    That is a lot of smack to pay for a new team when you could have gotten off much cheaper in building a arena when they had the chance a year ago with the referendum.
    Not to mention, they could have kept a playoff team. Oh well, I am glad.

They got rid of those evil owners though. That was worth it to them.

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    They got rid of those evil owners though. That was worth it to them.

Yeah, that was worth it.

I understand. I guess the thought of losing baron has made New Orleans upset. I can understand that because he is my favorite player to watch in the league, no matter what team he is on. I hope you dont get mad at every player you are unable to re-sign or you will not be happy much in New Orleans.
    WRONG! I am not upset at the thought of losing Baron. I just want to make sure we get good trade value in return. I am actually one of the ones who has called for him to be traded. I will not get mad at the players we cannot resign, I am one who will focus on who wants to be here and who we can get to replace the people who don't want to be here. Spend some time reading the board. UPSET!!! No way in hell. I couldn't be happier having the Hornets in New Orleans.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

WRONG! I am not upset at the thought of losing Baron. I just want to make sure we get good trade value in return. I am actually one of the ones who has called for him to be traded. I will not get mad at the players we cannot resign, I am one who will focus on who wants to be here and who we can get to replace the people who don't want to be here. Spend some time reading the board. UPSET!!! No way in hell. I couldn't be happier having the Hornets in New Orleans.
    Just another case of CLT deflecting and mischaracterizing things. You are right. We aren't angry. If we are though, it isn't so much with BD; it's with these incessant posts from CLT. I think it much more likely that they are angry. If they perceive that we aren't happy about something with the Hornets, they then laugh at us and post smack. It's juvenile, to say the least. However, they have got their facts all wrong because we don't care and they don't understand our point of view. When we attempt to illucidate them as to this point of view, many of them absolutely refuse to acknowledge it. Why? Because they want to be able to continue this game of smack, but it is almost over for me!

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

Expansion fee has been estimated at $200-$300 million!
    It's been edited. I knew it was higher. Just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I havent said anything negative towards the hornets or New Orleans. Except that you were bitter towards Charlotte, but thats pointing out the obvious. Sorry Harvey, I just figured everybody would want Baron Davis on their team, but if he doesnt want to play in a small market there is not much that can be done. It would be hard to get equal talent for a player like Baron in a trade, this isnt Eddie Jones. WestCoast, Most of the posters from charlotte have had positive things to say, so your excuses to your bitterness I have no proof of.

Except that you were bitter towards Charlotte, but thats pointing out the obvious. Most of the posters from charlotte have had positive things to say, so your excuses to your bitterness I have no proof of.
    You obviously have not been reading this forum very long, so do not criticize what you know nothing about.

I havent said anything negative towards the hornets or New Orleans. Except that you were bitter towards Charlotte, but thats pointing out the obvious....Most of the posters from charlotte have had positive things to say, so your excuses to your bitterness I have no proof of.
    All I can say is obviously you haven't been reading the board a lot because there has been a lot of bitterness, sour grapes, negativity or whatever coming from "Charlotte" posters lately. What I have seen from posted by NOLA members appears to be directed at this negativity from Charlotte and posted directly in response to said negativity.

So whatever. Another one for the ignore list today.

Been reading since March, if you take a look towards your left. All I know is the hornets will have a awesome team next year, if baron is not traded. I look forward to keeping up with them, until we get a new team in 2003. Three different potential owners want to bring a team to charlotte. Its not only Natives from NC that know where a NBA team should be. Sorry Say-What if that is true about negativity from charlotte but I have seen plenty from your side too. Even though everybody claims not to care.

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

You obviously have not been reading this forum very long, so do not criticize what you know nothing about.
    The only bad thing about the ignore list on this board is that if someone quotes the ignored person, then I get to see the post anyway. (This isn't a knock on you HF at all. Actually I wanted to thank you for quoting this.)

This has to be one of the most ridiculous assertions that I have ever seen: New Orleans (via one of our NOLA posters) is bitter towards CLT. HOW IN BLOODY HELL CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE? I might even unignore you to see how you can possibly justify that. I can't imagine any NOLA poster being bitter towards CLT. We all are very thankful of CLT. We are bitter about your bitterness towards us.

Ok time to bring out da :999999996

Been reading since March, if you take a look towards your left. All I know is the hornets will have a awesome team next year, if baron is not traded. I look forward to keeping up with them, until we get a new team in 2003. Three different potential owners want to bring a team to charlotte. Its not only Natives from NC that know where a NBA team should be. Sorry Say-What if that is true about negativity from charlotte but I have seen plenty from your side too. Even though everybody claims not to care.
    UGHHHHHH!!!!

If I have been negative, it is in retort to ignorant comments.

Next, I dont care if you get another team. I don't care how many people want to own a team in CLT. Who gives a flying f***? This is a New Orleans Hornets message board. WTF does CLT's new team have anything to do with us. Get one. Get two. Get a million new f***ing teams. I DON'T CARE. All I care about is my New Orleans Hornets and will not tolerate coullions who randomly post here to spread misery and sour grapes all in the name of being a fan of Baron. Take the coullion back to CLT with you for all I care. Just STF up with this negativity toward our city and your constant prodding.

Sigh...... Have a nice day.

Arguing about key players on our NBA team is something we have been waiting for 23 years to do.

Green acres is the place to be
    Farm living is the life for me
    Land spreading out,
    so far and wide
    Keep Manhattan,
    just give me that countryside.

New York
    is where I'd rather stay
    I get allergic smelling hay
    I just adore a penthouse view
    Darling, I love you,
    but give me Park Avenue.

The Chores

The Stores

Fresh air

Times Square

You are my wife. Goodbye city life.

Green Acres, we are there!

Last edited by CC_Hornet-x; 07-03-2002 at 03:31 PM.

I havent said anything negative towards the hornets or New Orleans. Except that you were bitter towards Charlotte, but thats pointing out the obvious.
    Why would we be bitter towards Charlotte? If I can remember, we were awarded the team. We didn't lose them. So why would we be bitter?

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

Why would we be bitter towards Charlotte? If I can remember, we were awarded the team. We didn't lose them. So why would we be bitter?
    If I am bitter about anything, it is not Baron or the Hornets. It is these CLT coullions who continue to spread their gloom and doom. Not my fault you lost the team. Thanks for setting an example of how not to treat a team when you have one. Not that I needed you to show me, I am not foolish enough to run my team out of town over personel decisions.

Originally posted by West Coast Hornet
    Ok time to bring out da :999999996
    Maybe we can get Spongey and Andrus to design a squirrel for us a la Buddy D.

Thread Information