Pelicans Report

Thread: Wearing Jerseys to Sporting Events

Passion. Purpose. Pride.    Contributor   

Wearing Jerseys to Sporting Events

I saw a guy with a Tebucky Jones jersey on the other day and I almost snapped and drop kicked him in the back of the neck.

My brother said about a week ago he saw a guy in Houston wearing a Hornets Jersey. I was happy to hear that until he said it was a Jamal Mashburn jersey.

This entire article is hilarious to me. Good stuff man.

This quote reminded me of something...

(As far as wearing a Saints jersey to a Hornets game and vice-versa...well, I wouldn't recommend it. I understand it's the same city and whatnot, but I'd try to avoid it. However, I don't think it's really that big of a deal, but why even wear a jersey if you don't have one for the team you're going see? Just wear a shirt...or some body paint.)

I think this was the same day the Saints were playing in Houston but this lady wore Saints gear to go to a Hornets Thanksgiving give-a-way. Now mind you, she may have gone to a Saints game viewing party in the city that day and just stopped by to pick up her turkey and didn't think she needed to go home and change clothes but I thought that was kind of funny in a not too good way.

Swaggin' ya face off Contributor Dollar Theater's Avatar
    Sorry man, but these...

You know exactly what I'm talking about. You took your old #24 Jamal Mashburn jersey and used masking tape and a sharpie to turn it into a #24 Desmond Mason jersey. Shame on you. This is a definite no-no.
    ...are absolutely cool with me. They're very entertaining and make me laugh every time. No exceptions. Cracks me up.

And usually it's done as a joke anyway by someone who is pissed they spent money on a jersey of a guy that was traded/cut/arrested/whatever.

what a stupid article

jerseys are too expensive new to buy frivolously

i have a dan curran voodoo jersey and i'm not buying a new one. they cost $70. the same with joe horn. both guys have defined themselves by what they did here.

i just got a tyson chandler jersey as a gift and i don't plan on getting another one anytime soon
    WELCOME TO NOISE ORLEANS

Well it's actually a 'blog' which is basically only someone's 'opinion'. One does not have to buy jersey's frivolously to enjoy wearing them. For some people if they have 1 or 2 that's plenty enough for them. And then there are some people that are a big lover/collector of jerseys and if they feel they have the money to spend on them, more power to them.

i have a tyrone hughes jersey. get so many comments...

however, the t shirt jerseys (especially for b ball) are saviors. i cant bring myself to wear a real jersey, especially if im going to bars before and after games etc....most of the time its not even allowed.

Apparently an imitatator Get Buzzin's Avatar
    Hysterical, especially because I broke several of these in the past two years.

Had a Stallworth jersey for the beginning of '06 Saints season, went to the preseason opener in it, then he got traded. Didn't have time to get a new one before the season opener, but we started off 3-0 so I didn't get a new one. Instead, I wore it with pride despite his membership on the Eagles. However, for both Eagles games in the Dome I had to put duct tape across the name, replacing it with "Miller". Won both games, went to the NFC Championship, (never made the playoffs with Donte') good deal.

Now, as a University of Tennessee alumnus, I own a Robert Meachem jersey (hasn't seen the field). So I am understandably scared to purchase a Hornets jersey, because I don't want to make anyone on the team suck and keep us out of the playoffs until their departure.

I live in Korea so I can get pretty much any jersey I want. I bought a Glen Dorsey and Jacob Hester jersey. I will probably get me a Paul and West jersey. If I was in the states I would not buy that many jersey's but since I can get them at a descent price I don't mind doing it over here. I don't really care that they are not original, that is not the point of wearing a jersey. The point is showing support for your team and getting recognized for supporting the LSU Tigers when I am in the airport in Seoul, Korea is worth it.

I have a CP jersey, but I still enjoy wearing by PJ Brown jersey every now and then.

waiting on my paul authentic but i have deuce, reggie, colston, and brees both home and away for them all and all are authentic...

time to get my hawnits collection going!!!

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    I haven't bought a players jersey since I got a Ewing jersey in the early-90s. What I do buy are custom jerseys, I put my last name on the back and the #00 (not the stiched jerseys but swingman or whatever they are called).

Is this thing on?
    I have a Man U Wayne Rooney jersey I got for Christmas this year. Most people won't know even what it is much less if it's not longer up to date.

I would love to have a Hornets jersey, but, they are too flippin' expensive.

Stickman, I have a ManU Vidic jersey. Last year's white away jersey. I definitely want to get a Hornets Jersey but they are expensive. Definitely CPaul Jersey aka MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by stickman
    I have a Man U Wayne Rooney jersey I got for Christmas this year. Most people won't know even what it is much less if it's not longer up to date.
    As long as you don't get the overwhelming urge to go gonad stomping while wearing it.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrits
    As long as you don't get the overwhelming urge to go gonad stomping while wearing it.
    Hey, sometimes some guys just need a good stomp to the gonads. It keeps 'um in check.

I had been thinking about Jersey Etiquette before reading this, and agree with a lot of the rules you came up with. I'm always disappointed to see just as many Saints jerseys at Hornets games as Hornets jerseys.

I also have to disagree with the "no DIY jersey" rule. I happen to love it when a person takes a little time to get creative in their displays of fandom, and the cheesier and more unprofessional it looks, the better.

On a personal note, though, whenever I see a #25 Saints jersey, I always catch myself thinking, "Wow, Fred McAfee? You don't see THAT everyday!" But, of course, I do...

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrits
    On a personal note, though, whenever I see a #25 Saints jersey, I always catch myself thinking, "Wow, Fred McAfee? You don't see THAT everyday!" But, of course, I do...

Quote Originally Posted by stickman
    A Rooney shirt? Oh God. No ManUre shirts.

(For the record <----- Gooner ).

I laughed at the article because I find it funny that people hang onto their Aaron Brooks jerseys.

Unless you can get away with just a number (like some baseball and college football jerseys) or can avoid tagging the back (like you can with hockey or soccer jerseys), I say go with classics. Wear a #51 Sam Mills or a #67 Stan Brock Saints jersey. Or wear a Bobby Phills, Larry Johnson or PJ Brown Hornets jersey.

You won't go wrong with classics.

Speaking of jersey's, would anyone know or be able to get me a David West All star Jersey? I don't buy these sort of jerseys at all, but since this all star game was so special,(not to mention that West will be printed on both sides) I really REALLY want to get one. Of course i will pay the money back. Just PM me thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

New FULL ssn ticket holder! Hornet-Saint's Avatar
    I got a CP3 jersey at the game in the Hornets' Nest. It was $47 after tax and after my season ticket holder discount.

Can you get me one? Or a David West one?

So, how long till I can were my LSU # 11 jersey again?

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi373
    So, how long till I can were my LSU # 11 jersey again?
    There were actually 2 guys wearing that number last year. Just claim the other guy.

Thread Information