Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: An Open Letter To Baron Davis!

...we get to go McDonalds
    Can someone explain to me why I should want Baron Davis to be traded? He is our most important player. I'm glad we have a team and if they lose, I'll still support them. But damnit, we have a winning team, can we please not ruin it because we don't like what an agent is telling his client? Baron will be offered the max and he'll sign. I hope anyway.

Originally posted by Primetime
    Can someone explain to me why I should want Baron Davis to be traded? He is our most important player. I'm glad we have a team and if they lose, I'll still support them. But damnit, we have a winning team, can we please not ruin it because we don't like what an agent is telling his client? Baron will be offered the max and he'll sign. I hope anyway.
    Agree. We should at least confirm whether or not this is all posturing in the form of offering the max. If he turns it down then we'll know that he is for real and then we can start working the phones with Cleveland and the Clips. I have a gut feeling that Baron wants his cake and eat it too. To be traded to the Clips would be win-win. He would be in his hometown, big market and would have bird rights with them. If we hold on to our cards, he will fold and sign for the max.

You guys don't have to trust me on this. He will not sign. This is why I am so adamant. You can hope against hope, I am past that point and looking at our options without him. I am not going to pretend it's not true and hope it goes away. CLT did that and lost their team. In this case, we would eventually lose Baron and get nothing in return.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    You guys don't have to trust me on this. He will not sign. This is why I am so adamant. You can hope against hope, I am past that point and looking at our options without him. I am not going to pretend it's not true and hope it goes away. CLT did that and lost their team. In this case, we would eventually lose Baron and get nothing in return.
    There is absolutely no way to know right now if he will sign or not. Sure, it is the safe thing to say right now with the rumors flying, but no one (other than Baron) knows right now. Almost everyone thought Webber would never sign with the Kings. That was the rumors and he was never traded. I am hoping this is the same with Baron. Let's wait and see. There is no rush to get anything done right now.

Originally posted by Trueblood

Agree. We should at least confirm whether or not this is all posturing in the form of offering the max. If he turns it down then we'll know that he is for real and then we can start working the phones with Cleveland and the Clips.
    That's what I am saying. I agree with you.

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

That is awfully nice of you. Many here have sent well wishes to you guys on getting an expansion franchise and you wish this on us. Go back to your Charlotte boards then and leave us alone.
    Sorry but, I hate them. I want them to go bankrupt and have to sell the team- I don't want the team to move from New Orleans- I just want Shinnridge to fail miserably. With New Owners, the New Orleans Hornets would be my 2nd favorite team. Nothing personal to the New Orleans fans- I just hate George and Ray for what they did. I guess all you guys have been pulling for the Jazz since they left? I don't think so.
    With the third pick in the 2006 NBA Draft the Charlotte Bobcats select Rudy Gay..........

Originally posted by Charlotte-Jason
    I guess all you guys have been pulling for the Jazz since they left?
    Not me, but West Coast Hornet has. He is a coullion!!!

Originally posted by Charlotte-Jason

Sorry but, I hate them. I want them to go bankrupt and have to sell the team- I don't want the team to move from New Orleans- I just want Shinnridge to fail miserably. With New Owners, the New Orleans Hornets would be my 2nd favorite team. Nothing personal to the New Orleans fans- I just hate George and Ray for what they did. I guess all you guys have been pulling for the Jazz since they left? I don't think so.
    I do not go to the Jazz fans to complain and wish them the worst either though.

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

I do not go to the Jazz fans to complain and wish them the worst either though.
    I did between 1993-1998, but that was a Rockets thing.
    In America there is New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans everywhere else is Cleveland. - Mark Twain

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

Not me, but West Coast Hornet has. He is a coullion!!!
    Hey, you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me, COULLION!

Time for some football!!!

Originally posted by West Coast Hornet

Hey, you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me, COULLION!
    Me? Uhhhhhh, uh-uh. No not you....I meant Westbank Hornet. Now him, he is a coullion...

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Yeah, that's what I thought you said. My name is John Kimble. I am a police officer you idiot. Now I am going to ask you a bunch of questions, and I want to have them answered immediately.

Who is your DADDY and what does he do?

...we get to go McDonalds
    LMAO...boys have a penis, girls have a VAGINA.

Thread Information