Pelicans Report

Thread: Baron MAY BE Staying For 6 Years!! (Merged thread)

Baron & Hornets agree on 6 year contract

Well, that's what I saw on ESPN just now....

Haha! So I finish high school, & my first paying job right out the gate is....to go back to high school! Who would've thunked it?!

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)

Breaking News Baron Stays Baron Stays

ESPN is reporting that baron davis agrred to a six year deal wit hthe Hornets. Can anyone say NBA Championship is Near.

BARON ACCEPTS OFFER!! He is staying!!

Baron Davis agrees to 6 year extension with Hornets

on espn bottom line

News Baron Staying For 6-yrs

Hornets give Davis six-year deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Baron Davis is moving to New Orleans with the Hornets after all.

The star guard, who had said in recent weeks that he'd rather be traded than go with the team from Charlotte to its new home, accepted a six-year contract extension Monday.

Bob Bass, Hornets vice president for basketball operations, said several teams had expressed interest in Davis since the team's second-leading scorer said he would rather play in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York next season.

Bass said he rejected all offers and did not intend to deal Davis under any circumstances.

Bass did not immediately return a phone call to his hotel room Monday but team spokesman Harold Kaufman confirmed the extension had been reached. He would not discuss financial terms.

Davis' Los Angeles-based agent, Jerome Stanley, did not immediately return a call to his office.

A Los Angeles native, Davis had been set to make $3.9 million next season, after which he would have been eligible to become a restricted free agent.

Davis averaged 18.1 points and 8.5 assists during the regular season. In the playoffs he averaged 22.6 points, 7.9 assists and 7.0 rebounds.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0701/1401071.html

-------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 1

Hornets give Davis six-year deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- Baron Davis is moving to New Orleans with the Hornets after all.

The star guard, who had said in recent weeks that he'd rather be traded than go with the team from Charlotte to its new home, accepted a six-year contract extension Monday.

Bob Bass, Hornets vice president for basketball operations, said several teams had expressed interest in Davis since the team's second-leading scorer said he would rather play in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York next season.

Bass said he rejected all offers and did not intend to deal Davis under any circumstances.

Bass did not immediately return a phone call to his hotel room Monday but team spokesman Harold Kaufman confirmed the extension had been reached. He would not discuss financial terms.

Davis' Los Angeles-based agent, Jerome Stanley, did not immediately return a call to his office.

A Los Angeles native, Davis had been set to make $3.9 million next season, after which he would have been eligible to become a restricted free agent.

Davis averaged 18.1 points and 8.5 assists during the regular season. In the playoffs he averaged 22.6 points, 7.9 assists and 7.0 rebounds.

U LYING
    DDD! DDD! DDD!

sweet

wow looks like everyone beat me to the announcement. sorry for helping with the flood, but who cares!! baron is a hornet!!!

Originally posted by KOOL-AID
    U LYING
    Aid, now that Baron has signed long term, its time for you to eat a bucket full of crow.

Originally posted by KOOL-AID
    U LYING
    No no, his reports are actually TRUE
    Last edited by Biff Clurton; 07-01-2002 at 03:08 PM.

Banned
    All:

Please see sticky note atop the boards... No, you haven't lost your minds. Not yet anyway. I'm merging threads.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding!

Brad

Welcome aboard Baron Davis....finally!

Man I'm pumped up! I was completely in favor of getting rid of him if he really didn't want to be here. Having said that, I'm sure glad he's sticking around! I can't wait to see him this fall!

2002-03 NBA Champs!!

The Franchise
    Not so fast guys, this could still be a sign and trade deal. I'll be happy once it is official.

THAT"S WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!!!!! That is why I was hoping there would be no rush trades! This is FAN-TASTIC!!!!

:iparty: :godance:

Congrats NOLA!! Shinn and Wooldridge are stepping up and doing what they should. This is a first for them- and I'm happy you guys get to experience it.
    "You trade Gatt.. then you trade ME!"

Basketball Guru Contributor
    Well, it looks like we finally have our team. I'm glad all of that is behind us now and we can get ready for a great next year. It's going to be awesome. I'm very happy he is staying. I wasn't so sure for awhile while those other teams were inquiring about him, but now we've got a team ready for the championship.

Banned
    Originally posted by sting
    Not so fast guys, this could still be a sign and trade deal. I'll be happy once it is official.
    Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhh!!

Originally posted by sting
    (Edited.)

sign and trades have to be written into the contract. a player can't be traded after signing a contract.

Did the AP jump the gun? They have now changed their story (not the same as that one above any longer) to say he was "offerred" an extension.

...we get to go McDonalds
    oh ****

We were warned about Bass, Shinn and Wooly yet we will sign Baron anyway.

:9195:

:999999996

Banned
    No word from point whore Harvey. Maybe it's his sorry behind on the way out of NOLA.

Thread Information