Pelicans Report

Thread: Jalen Rose is he a free agent??

Question Jalen Rose is he a free agent??

I was watching nba coast to coast and Jalen Rose is one of the studio host.

I was wondering what is his nba status, is he a free agent or do some team own his rights?

If Jalen is a free agent, do you think he has enough left in the tank to help the Hornets in the second half of the season.

He would not have to play but 10 to 15 minutes a game, he is a solid veteran, and he seems to really like Byron Scott.

Just wondering what other posters think of Jalen.

I think Jalen could play Butler minutes, and not upset the chemistry of the team.

ejkiewicz.com Contributor Fartman's Avatar
    Jalen Rose is a good player but he had problems with the attitude and communication with teammates through his career. I wouldn't take him because this could mess up the chemistry.

Even taking PJ into consideration, I'd prefer to get someone already on a roster who is in game shape, with a squad, ready to go. His 'problems' aside, how well conditioned would you expect Jalen to be?

I wouldn't take Jalen Rose even if he wanted to play for free.

Rumor

I hear Jamal Mashburn is available..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

jerry stackhouse might be available...its only speculation right now, but yahoo has a report out about the kidd deal being in serious negotiations with dallas and portland, one of the parts of the deal would be stackhouse going to new jersey, but they would buyout his contract if this trade was to fall through

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

sometimes though u cant really trust these yahoo analysts bc everywhere else it seems like kidd will most likely stay put

Real professional althletes keep themselves in shape. I don't Jalen attitude would be a problem on this team. I never seen where he was considered a pre-madonna or where he has every been called out by ex-teammates.

With that being said if Jerry Stackhouse is available i would love to have him.

then why not Kiki Vandeweghe, Bill Walton, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Jon Berry?

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger
    Real professional althletes keep themselves in shape. I don't Jalen attitude would be a problem on this team. I never seen where he was considered a pre-madonna or where he has every been called out by ex-teammates.

With that being said if Jerry Stackhouse is available i would love to have him.
    Like most players he was a problem on teams that were not headed to the playoffs. On playoff teams he was described as a locker room leader.

I would be skeptical of Rose. He has talent but I don't think that is the direction we need to go right now. If we were on the border of the 8th seed I'd be more willing to take the chance.

Thread Information