Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hornets to Re-Sign Chris Andersen per: Boston Globe

Hornets to Re-Sign Chris Andersen per: Boston Globe

"Once forward/center Chris Andersen gets reinstated by the NBA, the Hornets are expected to re-sign him, according to an NBA source. If Andersen became a free agent, Boston would be expected to have interest."

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...n_time/?page=2
    Last edited by NKHornet; 02-24-2008 at 08:49 AM.

Are you sure? Because "we don't have a place for him". And "that's what Hilton and Bowen" are for. And "why risk our incredible team chemistry?"

i always thought that the hornets would only bring back CA if they could not bring PJ Brown out of retirement; based on this report i assume that they are just gonna fill all 15 spots on the roster and hope that some combination of lineups will just click.

The best evidence we have that PJ ain't coming back is that Bonzi Wells was allowed to select #42 upon his arrival. I can't see that happening if we felt there was a good chance Peej would return.

We need someone to absorb another six fouls. I say welcome to the Birdman.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungFella
    The best evidence we have that PJ ain't coming back is that Bonzi Wells was allowed to select #42 upon his arrival. I can't see that happening if we felt there was a good chance Peej would return.
    the thing is....he didnt select #42...according to epsn.com he did but they mess numbers up alot...if you watched the game closley you could see that wells' number was 24

Quote Originally Posted by jmaninc68
    the thing is....he didnt select #42...according to epsn.com he did but they mess numbers up alot...if you watched the game closley you could see that wells' number was 24

I thought I was going crazy. I knew he was wearing 24, but hornets.com says 42.

This does however show that we probably won't be signing Jamal Mashburn

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D
    I thought I was going crazy. I knew he was wearing 24, but hornets.com says 42.

This does however show that we probably won't be signing Jamal Mashburn
    lol yeh he was def. wearing #42, espn messes up all the time....they still have the saints kicker matrin gramatica as number 7 but he is #1

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    I've been speculating that they would sign him for some time now. I haven't always been OK with that, but I have always acknowledged the possibility or probability.

Bower feels that Andersen is a very cheap insurance policy. Scott would rather someone else, but the economics of the situation is too attractive. The Shinn's want to give CA another chance too. Chad and Chris are very good friends.

If Chris sees any great amount of playing time, it will mean that we have serious foul trouble or injury problems.

Like Bonzi Wells, Andersen won't have the ability to hurt the chemistry. If either do, they will quickly be removed from the team. Their contract status gives us that flexibility.

I don't think Chris would purposely disrput the team. He's a knucklehead, but not a malcontent with a bad attitude. Because this team has grown sooooooo close together and have established the chemistry they have (among themselves), CA isn't as big of a concern to the Hornets as he was a few months ago. I can promise you this....if CA or Bonzi would carry more than a remainder of the season contract, neither would be here. I doubt the Hornets would have risked being stuck with them past this year without seeing how they would have fit in first.

I saw Vinicius got cut, think he will be back here?

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30
    I saw Vinicius got cut, think he will be back here?
    Not for at least 30 days.

On a side note, I find it funny that a couple of guys people were saying the Hornets didn't give a fair chance to are garbage to other teams. It's funny that some of our members thought Byron was wrong for not giving Marcus and Haluska a chance.

Why go with Anderson though? We have a hustle player lke him in Bowen

Woudlnt we be better off with Magloires size and presence down low or PJ Browns veteran experience?

I kno PJ isnt big on returning, but i still think Magloire would be better than Anderson for our bench.

Magloire will not return. No personal trainers allowed.

i know some1 stated this before but i think birdman will help us......he has a lot of energy that would help us come off the bench and thats an extra 6 fouls we can use him for

We need PJ!

Woudlnt we be better off with Magloires size and presence down low or PJ Browns veteran experience?

I kno PJ isnt big on returning, but i still think Magloire would be better than Anderson for our bench.
    I see you're in CT as I am in NYC. If you read any of the local rags (yes, both the Post and the NYT are rags), you probably know that magloire couldn't get any minutes with the nets. think about that. Magloire is an ice wagon. shaq would lap him on a full court race. he would not fit in with byron and CP3's push it up, fast tempo game. that, along with his stone hands, would make CP3 so frustrated by game 2!

the sad thing for magloire (sarcasm) is that he's experienced 7 ft center which means somebody will probably pick him up.

Given the low risk/high reward mentality of the front office, I think bringing back da birdman would be a decent move.

Remember: this'd be spot #14 of the roster and he arguably would be behind two other players and split between subbing for Tyson and for DX.

And we could have a whitewash at the frontcourt with him, Bowen and Peja on the court at the same time.

I just dont get how an all star can let himself go like that. He had a body that not many people could hold up in the post.

I still think he could help keeping bodies out of the paint on the defensive end for a few minutes

Totally different players. Do you guys not remember Andersen's shot blocking and offensive rebounding ability?

He's arguably more athletic than Chandler and instantly becomes the best shot blocker on the team. He is needed for rebounding and hustle. Yes, Bowen does that but he doesn't have Andersen's leaping ability. Bird Man can finish those Paul alley oops just as good as Chandler.

I just dont get how an all star can let himself go like that. He had a body that not many people could hold up in the post.

I still think he could help keeping bodies out of the paint on the defensive end for a few minutes
    Because he was never a legit. All Star. He had bad ankles and terrible mobility in his mid-20s. Now that age has caught up with him, he's basically a statue.

That's ok if you have some basketball skills. Magloire never had much of anything going for him other than size and strength and a decent idea of positioning. His footwork and hands were always terrible.

Watching him even in his "All Star" year, you could tell he was nothing special. Long live the "windmill slam" :covri:

You saw how easily the refs call fouls on our reserves last night. I expect more of the same in the playoffs. We need bodies and Andersen will play his role real well.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    IMO, this idea rawks!

(sorry I had to)

Andersen is one of the best offensive rebounders per minute in the NBA and is exactly the type of player we need. The last two games the Hornets lost just about every loose ball, particularly when the starters went out.

Birdman is an athletic big, that can guard opposing centers, use fouls and finish on the fast break. He would be a great pickup if he comes back at the same level he was before the suspension.

Bowen is better at guarding SFs while Birdman can play big guys for small stretches because of this athleticism and leaping.

I'd like to bring back PJ too if possible. They both bring different things that the Hornets could use.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar

UL beat me to it. He was never really an all-star. Some people here never could wrap their minds around that, and still can't. He was clumsy and had no lateral quickness whatsoever. He was bad for our team. I mean, watch old videos of him. The guy was an eyesore on the court... very difficult to watch him play without wincing.

NO WAY! Talk about a nightmare.

Thread Information