Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Courtney Alexander is a Hornet!

Originally posted by sharker

Well, the New Orleans Jazz traded their firsts picks for Pistol Pete, but I'm not gonna hold those expectations for Alexander.
    That's good because Alexander sure ain't Pistol Pete. Cap-gun Courtney is more like it. If I'm Baron Davis, I'm in Bass' office right now demanding a trade. It's obvious that the Hornets have no vision for the future beyond next season.

Alexander never got any playing time with the Mavs cuz Dallas was loaded with Guards

Originally posted by GDAWG
    Alexander never got any playing time with the Mavs cuz Dallas was loaded with Guards
    Loaded with guards who are all better than Alexander is what you mean.

I am still very much a Hornet until we get our new team but this is the kind of things that everybody said we were just blowing smoke about. This is just the beginning........Stay Tuned!!!......

Originally posted by Fat Head
    I am still very much a Hornet until we get our new team but this is the kind of things that everybody said we were just blowing smoke about. This is just the beginning........Stay Tuned!!!......
    Good lord, some people are acting like this is the end of the world. Of course most of that is coming from Charlotte.

There is nothing wrong with this trade. The draft was not going to produce that impact player who would put us over the top this year. Alexander has a greater chance of doing that.

What exactly did the Hornets do that was sooooooo bad in this trade.

Improving the team is not a bad move.

Of course you are free to disagree, but this team is not Charlotte's concern anymore.

We have a pretty strong backcourt rotation now with Davis and Alexander starting with Drew,Mashburn and Wesley backing up point and Wesley, Drew, Augmon, Masburn, and Nailon playing off guard. I think we will see some interesting matchups this season.

Originally posted by Ecce

It's obvious that the Hornets have no vision for the future beyond next season.
    This is your opinion and I could not disagree more. I like the trade. And yes, I am disappointed, I wanted to hear my team make their first pick as a New Orleans franchise. I really wanted Welsch, but I believe Alexander will be more productive than anyone they could have drafted immediately. This team is ready to win now. At some point, teams have to make the decision to go for it or continue to rebuild.

Hall of Famer
    Well! Well! Well! The Hornets have made their first transaction as the New Orleans Hornets. You guys should like this trade, it gives the Hornets just what they needed to maybe get over the hump in the Eastern conference. If Alexander can mature and not shoot every time he touches it, the Hornets will be alot of tougher next season. The Hornets got exactly what they needed out of this draft.

The only problem is I think they organazation is looking short term. They want to go for the ring this season at the expense of the future IMHO. The smartest thing to have done was to draft a player and have his rights for the next 5 seasons and try to develop him.

With this trade I think Baron will not be traded this offseason- The Hornets are gonna take their chance and try to advance far and hope Baron decides to stick around. Risky business IMHO.
    With the third pick in the 2006 NBA Draft the Charlotte Bobcats select Rudy Gay..........

Basketball Guru Contributor
    I agree with Charlotte-Jason. The only difference with me is that I like gutsy moves. They're fun and make me watch!!

Thread Information