Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Draft Day Party At Arena!!!

Oh well, for some reason I was thinking that the Brass goals were on the North/South ends (that's what happens when you only set foot in the building twice). I am too used to those North/South endzones in the Dome.

Originally posted by say-what
    Oh well, for some reason I was thinking that the Brass goals were on the North/South ends (that's what happens when you only set foot in the building twice). I am too used to those North/South endzones in the Dome.
    Don't worry...

I was thinking the same thing. I thought they called that area the East/West side court.

I heard from another source (though not as reliable as my first source) and she said that they north side is by the entrance to the club area. Don't know if I want to believe her. She somehow thought you all were going to the special VIP party with me.

Wish I could get you all in, but I had to use my extra invite to bribe Tyra Banks to come with me. I'm determined to show her that thug C-Webb is no good for her.

When I hung up with source #2, I emailed source #1. I'm waiting on a response.

What gives, GA? We should all be included in the VIP party. Come on you can get us in. Talk to Source #2 again. Tell them we work for Spongey. Tell them we're on the board at neworleanshornets.com

You all didn't hear this from me. But tomorrow they are going to annouce that I've purchased 30% of the team. It's been a long time coming but it's finally happening. I'm going to own a NBA team...

That's the only reason why I'm there.

Honestly, though. I was invited to go to the party because of an affiliation with a certain politico who shall remain nameless. But I declined. The way I figure, I won't be in the mood to be all dressed up acting civilized. I rather be out in the opening having a damn good time drinking beer with you all. I was committed to meeting you guys from day one.

Ok...I'm going to be there. But I'm having ISP problems. I'm on a very unreliable connection and have been having big problems connecting to the Net this past week. Because of work and travel, after tonight, I probably won't be on-line until after the draft. So I won't be able to see where you guys decide to meet up.

I can get in touch with Pistol #7 prior to Wednesday evening to see if he's going. Maybe by then he'll know how to find you guys.

Will try to see you guys on Wednesday night. I'm heading over to the Arena after work and should be there by 5:30.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Originally posted by CharlotteDude

Hey spongey - Ms Abbie is not the only Charlottean Point Whore here - how about throwing me a bone too?

I was going to plug the site before in a positive manner to the media, but was not successful:

Charlotte Coliseum Box Office Report
    +1 for effort

Tell you what I can do...

All those planning on attending the party, send me an email. Not a pm, but an email (for some reason, pm's fill up quick). Leave me a way to contact you (i.e., cell phone, etc.). I intend on getting to the arena about 4:30pm. I can call everyone to meet at a central location.

Let me know what you think of this idea...

GA, you need to activate your ability to receive emails.

I plan on getting to the arena around 5. I would think we could set up a base in the first row of section 101.

GA, you need to activate your ability to receive emails.
    Done...

Email away...

Due to a "conflict in interest", I will not be able to make the party. I am hoping one of my "friends" will find it in their heart to secure a Paul Silas bobble head for Harvey. My good buddy GA, has already offered to head the efforts.

Now, conflict in interest can be defined as one of the following. You decide.
    1. Hornets management does not feel it appropriate for Coullion ownership to be in attendance at their official draft gathering.
    2. The family refuses to leave Destin a day early so I can attend the draft.

A: As GA would say, I am a WUSS!!!

Harvey, you will pay a bigger price by coming back early if you know what I mean. You are making the right decision. We'll try to commandeer a bobble for you. But, don't you already have a collection of Silas bobbles?

Failure is always an option Contributor
    I will be there around 430pm. I am notshure if I will wear the original New Orleans Tshirt and jeans or get into a nice shirt and pants to try and impress JessicaD (possible Job Hunting?) But will be there I think section 101 would be a good place.

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    Harvey, you will pay a bigger price by coming back early if you know what I mean. You are making the right decision. We'll try to commandeer a bobble for you. But, don't you already have a collection of Silas bobbles?
    I have the one given out in CLT. I don't know that this will be the same one or not. I am thinking they will probably change the sponsor part of the bobble. In the world of "Stadium Giveaway" bobbles, this is the big difference. The sponsor plaque which is usually front and center at the bobbles feet. I believe the Silas sponsor plaque when given out in CLT either said Sprite or First Union. If it is different from those sponsors, I need one.

cant you guess ... opps relocated to hawks country, (at least i know it is one team the bobcats SHOULD beat-lol
    It said sprite, and I heard that these were the same ones.

Originally posted by BallStalum96
    I will be there around 430pm. I am notshure if I will wear the original New Orleans Tshirt and jeans or get into a nice shirt and pants to try and impress JessicaD (possible Job Hunting?) But will be there I think section 101 would be a good place.
    Why would you wear that shirt? It's a collector's item. There's no way of you getting rid of it now.

Darn it! With the trade for Alexander, I guess there is no need for a draft party now!

Well, the Washington Post reports that Alexander will be at the draft party.

Maybe there is more to come.

Well, the Washington Post reports that Alexander will be at the draft party.

Maybe there is more to come.
    Maybe. But a draft party without draft picks is kinda pointless isn't it?

cant you guess ... opps relocated to hawks country, (at least i know it is one team the bobcats SHOULD beat-lol
    There could still be some excitement, you never know with draft day, trades go on right up to the last second and then more happen right after. I would still go If I were you I am sure there will be something going on.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Gee, a draft party without draft picks? If it weren't for the fact that this is the Hornets' first year in NOLA, I am not sure I'd see the attraction of going, unless one was interested in the draft as a whole. I was going to watch the draft out here tomorrow at 4:30 p.m., but I'll just save the time and read up on it later.

Yeah, the Hornets were really interested in all of these other guys. The team has got to do what it has to do. I have no idea if this guy is worth it or not, but it is disappointing for the team not to have a draft its first year in town. This would have been the first official basketball event the Hornets would have had in NOLA. Too bad...

Time for some football!!!

Originally posted by West Coast Hornet
    I have no idea if this guy is worth it or not, but it is disappointing for the team not to have a draft its first year in town. This would have been the first official basketball event the Hornets would have had in NOLA. Too bad...
    It kind of kills the excitement level. They had a chance to build some more positive momentum and exposure with the draft and party.

Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    It kind of kills the excitement level. They had a chance to build some more positive momentum and exposure with the draft and party.
    Looks like HH made the right choice staying in Destin.

Their should be plenty of bobbleheads left over now.

I am hoping we obtain a pick somewhere. Unfortunately, to do that we may be giving up Baron. What a turn of events that would be.

But I am still going tomorrow. Why not. Meet the coach and our newest player.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    I think people should still go to the party if they could make it. Any other year, I'd probably bag it if this happened. 17th pick is not so glamourous in and of itself, but at least it was a pick. Like Spongey and Say-What have been saying, though, there may be something else in the works, so stay tuned.

Thread Information