Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to call it...

Is this thing on?

Saints Time to call it...

how many of us are officially writing off the Saints as of today.

I'm done. I barely watched the game today. Every time I left the room, something good happened for them. Every time I came back, they screwed something up. So, I tried to not watch the end, no joy. I may be done watching for the season.

Any diehards left?

Make it happen Chouest Contributor NIH's Avatar
    I think I'll watch the rest of the games because I'm a diehard but with a couple more performances like that I'm not tooo sure...

This game was pathetic. You had a Carolina team that was struggling and ripe for a beating and the Saints couldn't finish them off. One thing they need to do immediately is replace Mare - he's just pathetic.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    When does Scobee come back for the Jags? Carney will be available. As bad as many of us wanted him gone, me included, he's head and shoulders above this Mare chump.

Carr has got to go. The Panthers were STUPID for bringing this loser in. I'm hoping Jake will come back and our lousy secondary will keep every opposing QB from passing for 400 yards. It was a good game, though. The Saints had a good game offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie1952
    The Saints had a good game offensively.
    Did you mean defensively? Our offense couldn't do **** in the 4th quarter to put you guys away.

Quote Originally Posted by NIH
    Did you mean defensively? Our offense couldn't do **** in the 4th quarter to put you guys away.
    The Saints put up a lot of yards against us and controlled the ball pretty well, I thought.

We should have scored touchdowns on all of those long drives though, we either came away with a field goal or nothing.

the offense consistently kept getting to the goaline but just couldnt punch it in

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Devery Henderson can go suck an egg. He dropped what would have been a first down on one drive in the 3rd or 4th, and then we had to punt. Then I looked in amazement as he dropped a 30-yard pass that resulted in a pick.

And don't forget the screen play that would have scored Aaron Stecker. How did Jammal Brown commit a holding penalty on the weak side of a WR Quick Screen?? They kicked the field goal instead. Total bull. I don't know what to say about this team.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89
    I don't know what to say about this team.
    Other than the fact they could go 0 and 16, neither do I.

I'll still watch...but I got a brown bag from Dorignac's at the ready...

And they won't go 0 and 16. They still gotta play atlanta and philly and chicago (and they're just as awful as we are).

No bags for me. I'm not delusional...I realize the season is toast. But I'm a Saints fan. I'll be there when they play at home, and I'll watch when they are away (unfortunately, through circumstances beyond my control, I can't say that about all of our professional teams). I'm pissed off and very disappointed. But I'm not done. I've been on this roller coaster many times before.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

The Saints had a good game offensively.
    Not unless good means terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89
    And don't forget the screen play that would have scored Aaron Stecker. How did Jammal Brown commit a holding penalty on the weak side of a WR Quick Screen?? They kicked the field goal instead. Total bull. I don't know what to say about this team.
    He wasn't flagged for holding. It was an illegal procedure call - they said he was too far off the line. Even the FOX broadcast team (Myers & Baldinger) said it was a bogus call.

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Brees isn't playing all that well either. He's simply either been erratic on a few throws or he is forcing too many things.

Watching today's game was like watching a Jim Haslett team: Drops, Penalties, Turnovers, Erratic QB play, etc etc.

It was sad. I was amazed at how the Saints were playing so bad against a Carolina team GIVING us the game. About some time in the 3rd quarter I realized that even if we were to win, the Saints were simply a bad team.

It's crazy, I don't know how we got so bad so easily. But I do know one thing, Sean P had better had learned his lesson and not sit on his hands in the offseason. All these "role players" we signed because our team was "good enough as it was" are doing NOTHING! Kevin Kevisharn (sp), Simmons, Mare, and then there's the drafting of a WR who isn't contributing at all because "we were good enough to not have to draft for need".

Well if the team continues this kind of play with Payton next year you can bet he won't be fired right away. That playoff win probably bought Payton five more years as HC with Benson.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    He wasn't flagged for holding. It was an illegal procedure call - they said he was too far off the line. Even the FOX broadcast team (Myers & Baldinger) said it was a bogus call.
    Ahh, ok.

Mare and Henderson have to go. See what Meachem has, as he needs to learn sometime. Carney may not be available for another 3 weeks (unless Scobee is ahead of schedule).

The Saints put up a lot of yards against us and controlled the ball pretty well, I thought.
    They can do that all day, but if they can't score it's useless.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stickman
    how many of us are officially writing off the Saints as of today.

I'm done. I barely watched the game today. Every time I left the room, something good happened for them. Every time I came back, they screwed something up. So, I tried to not watch the end, no joy. I may be done watching for the season.

Any diehards left?
    I'll be watching, but I paid $154 for Sunday Ticket this year (thank God DTV gave me a discount), but it is a real bummer to finish the weekends off with this team. I feel like a bi-polar football fan. LSU is #1 in college, but the Saints are the worst in the NFL.

So I'll watch where I can, but if I am on the road and miss a game, no sweat. I'll be at the game in SF on 10/28. I am thinking about wearing a bag!

Carr has got to go. The Panthers were STUPID for bringing this loser in. I'm hoping Jake will come back and our lousy secondary will keep every opposing QB from passing for 400 yards. It was a good game, though. The Saints had a good game offensively.
    It was a terrible game. Both teams sucked and neither team will do anything this year.

Time for some football!!!

This team is done. Finished. They have so many holes that it will take at least two years of good solid additions for them to get any better. Before this year I would have said they will do what's needed, but the off-season aquisitions have been as bad this year as they were good the year before, and I don't think they can do it without a change in mind set.

Make some trades and pick up some draft picks. Right now, we're worse than we've been in a long time. My prediction for the year......4-12.

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    Bench Henderson!!!!
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defuz
    This team is done. Finished. They have so many holes that it will take at least two years of good solid additions for them to get any better. Before this year I would have said they will do what's needed, but the off-season aquisitions have been as bad this year as they were good the year before, and I don't think they can do it without a change in mind set.

Make some trades and pick up some draft picks. Right now, we're worse than we've been in a long time. My prediction for the year......4-12.
    That's probably generous because that has them finishing 4-8 the rest of the way. I don't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by WCH
    That's probably generous because that has them finishing 4-8 the rest of the way. I don't see that happening.
    After their terrible loss to Tampa in week 2 I started to predict 4-12. Die-hard fans then started harrassing the heck out of me calling me negative. Now, as you say, 4-8 for the rest of the season would be an improvement. Those same fans are completely silent and I'll be happy, no, ecstatic, with 4 wins from this team the way they're playing.

Thread Information