Pelicans Report

Thread: This is pretty funny

This is pretty funny

From http://www.utahhistorytogo.org/utahjazz.html

In their five years in New Orleans, the Jazz never played .500 ball even though they did win 39 games in 1977-78. That was also the year Maravich wrecked his right knee, Louisiana businessman Andrew Martin sold his 20 percent of the club to the Californians, and the Jazz drafted Lucy Harris of Delta State, the first woman ever picked in the NBA draft. It was later revealed that Lucy Harris was pregnant, prompting quips the Jazz had actually drafted the rights to her firstborn.

Hall of Famer
    LOL, How old would that kid be now? Do we still have the rights to him/her? Was it a boy or a girl?

Come on Spongey, DETAILS

LSU Fans, Check out our LSU Site, BAYOUBENGALS.COM , Sister site of SR and NOH.

Banned
    Well, if I assume the kid was born in late '78 and then utilize the subtraction skills I was taught in grade school ( )... that would mean the kid would turn 24 here in 2002. However, I don't know about the rights though!

Originally posted by COCajun
    Well, if I assume the kid was born in late '78 and then utilize the subtraction skills I was taught in grade school ( )... that would mean the kid would turn 24 here in 2002. However, I don't know about the rights though!

Someone should do a follow-up story on this kid. If he actually is a baller in college somewhere that would be a heckuva story. (btw, 24 isn't too old to be a baller in college, I'm 25 and still there )

Spongey, I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am that you found this article. I don't know how old you are, or if you remember the Jazz when they were here, but those names from the past bring back such incredibly vivid memories.

The article spoke the truth a thousand fold. The Jazz left because the Superdome (and its rent) was and never will (nor could it be) an arena for the NBA. At the time the Superdome was a mere 4 years old and the state was still paying a big debt for it. There was no way the NBA would have a chance in this market in that building. At the time, Loyola Field House, Tulane's McAllister, and the Municipal Auditorium were the ONLY other round-ball potentials (and needless to say, they were OUT).

I am most impressed with how a market as small as Salt Lakes', managed to somehow hang on to an NBA team. With the new Arena (built specifically for the NBA) New Orleans will, in time, prove itself to be a crown jewel of the NBA. Our potential is only limited by the leagues imagination. Mark my words.

Originally posted by Bad Andy
    Spongey, I cannot begin to tell you how impressed I am that you found this article. I don't know how old you are, or if you remember the Jazz when they were here, but those names from the past bring back such incredibly vivid memories.
    Thanks Bad Andy. I'm 25 and don't remember the Jazz being here. I just know how to use the heck out of Google.com

google is by far the best search engine on the web...also(dont laugh) try www.dogpile.com another good one

Thread Information