Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Name For Hornets

flying squirells?!?

What you are sayinig is that if I do not agree with you then I should click off the board.

If you are an old guy as you say, isn't it time to stop saying "Dude"? If you do not like my comments I suggest that you take another shot of Geritol and adjust your support hose because I'm not going anywhere. Until I see some election results I do not assume that you speak for anyone but yourself, DUDE!
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 06-03-2002 at 05:48 PM.

Originally posted by Hawkeye
    What you are sayinig is that if I do not agree with you then I should click off the board.

If you are an old guy as you say, isn't it time to stop saying "Dude"? If you do not like my comments I suggest that you take another shot of Geritol and adjust your support hose because I'm not going anywhere. Until I see some election results I do assume that you speak for anyone but yourself, DUDE!
    While WCH does not speak for everyone, he has been here a bit longer than you. Thus he possibly has a better understanding of the general concencus of the board members. Tossing insults because you do not agree is childish, and knowing WCH, you are proabably in for it now. Don't complain when he decides to "Handle Up" on you. You are taking too much offense to other persons disagreement with your point of view. Quit with the insults and give me a GOOD name. Until you can do so quit your complaining.
    In America there is New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans everywhere else is Cleveland. - Mark Twain

How long someone has been on this board is of no consequence and neither is the "consensus". You imply that if there is a consensus don't buck it. What kind of board is that? I disagree with him and I disagree with the so called consensus, is that not allowed? If not I will search for a rubber stamp font that says "Yeah you right" and click it on every thread.

How long someone has been on this board is of no consequence and neither is the "consensus". You imply that if there is a consensus don't buck it. What kind of board is that? I disagree with him and I disagree with the so called consensus, is that not allowed? If not I will search for a rubber stamp font that says "Yeah you right" and click it on every thread.
    Disagreement is good and in fact essential to the our (Americia's) way of life. What I was trying to say is that while the man obiously respects your opinion (as do I) you have no tolerence for his, mine or that of anyone else. Respect is a two way street and right now you are riding in the wrong lane against traffic. Don't complain when you get run over.In regard to the concensus all I am saying is that he is speaking on the subject, with the benefit more knowledge regarding the feelings of board members than you. All of this aside if you wish to trade insults, try the smack board. While you are at it how about a rubber stamp font which reads "I am a single minded, inconsiderate, J@ck@$$" No one is arguing that the name cannot be changed. FOR THE FOURTH TIME GIVE ME A GOOD ONE OR QUIT COMPLAINING.

Hawkeye - I just have a few thoughts that follow from these statements that you made:
    I have read every post on the Charlotte Hornets board and the Charlotte Observer board since the talk of the move to NOLA began and I think there is one thing this board should avoid duplicating. Certain posters there developed an attitude that they controlled the board and seemed to think that their opinion ruled on every subject that came up. I hope that we all remain open minded on all subjects and give everyone the respect that they deserve.
    I just joined this board and know nothing about any "consensus" or even if the matter has even been previously discussed
    First, you registered on April 11, yet you claim that you just joined the board. You have been a member for almost two months now. You may not have posted under this board name until the last few days, but you have been around.

Second, you claim to have read everything on the Charlotte boards since the relocation began, yet claim ignorance as to the posts on this board - come on, give us a break. I bet you have been lurking here for just as long, particularly since you have been registered far longer than you claim to have been on this board.

Third, you want everyone to remain open minded and give everyone the respect they deserve, yet you attack anyone who disagrees with your premise that the team's name should be changed. Hmmmmmmm.

Fourth, your only posts are in this "change the name" thread. I think you just want to argue with anyone who doesn't agree with your premise. You obviously expected dissension, why else include those comments about CLT.com and that parrot stuff in your initial post?

Fifth, WTF - coullion!

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Hub City Hornet
    That's it! The New Orleans Parrots! You could use any color scheme you wanted, and we could get Jimmy Buffett, the original Parrothead (and a Southern Miss graduate I might add!) to be our Al Hirt!
    ! Parrots!!! Yes! New Orleans is home to the Monk Parrot, a small budgie sized creature that apparently became feral after being imported from some Central American country. They make their homes in palm trees which have been planted on neutral grounds, another import. They are like killer bees in this. Well, except for the fact that neither the parrots, nor the palm trees have been know to swarm and kill people. Nor has it been necessary to lure them onto a Volkwagen to be driven into the Superdome to destroy them by lowering the temperature. At least not that I am aware of. Monk Parrots are so called because of the white hood shaped markings on their heads. I have seen them on S. Jeff Davis Parkway.

P.S. I'm back from the Baton Rouge Regional. It was fun, except I didn't care for the ending.

P.P.S. On this tack, if you don't like the Parrots, how about the Feral Pigs?

This is for the above three posters:

What a bunch of jerks you are. You seem to band together to form a confederacy of cyber bullies and threaten to run me over. Get real. I don't think you will find any tire tracks on me. Your whole concept is that I have no tolerance. Take a look in the mirror.

You are all so experienced. Four months on a message board makes you experts. I am a former college scholarship basketball player who probably knows fifty times more about the game than all of you twerps put together. None of you probably ever put on jock strap except for junior high phys. ed. Since you are a tiny, tiny minority of the membership I consider you totally insignificant.

Hall of Famer
    But what does this have to do with a new name for the Hornets? Oh, well. I'm a cyber-bully, huh? Cool. Give me your lunch money or I'll flame you. heheheheh

Originally posted by Westbank Hornet

! Parrots!!! Yes! New Orleans is home to the Monk Parrot, a small budgie sized creature that apparently became feral after being imported from some Central American country. They make their homes in palm trees which have been planted on neutral grounds, another import. They are like killer bees in this. Well, except for the fact that neither the parrots, nor the palm trees have been know to swarm and kill people. Nor has it been necessary to lure them onto a Volkwagen to be driven into the Superdome to destroy them by lowering the temperature. At least not that I am aware of. Monk Parrots are so called because of the white hood shaped markings on their heads.

how IN THE WORLD do you know this????

Hawkeye - on behalf of the rest of that tiny minority of totally insignificant board members - thanks for noticing.

BTW, I didn't know you had to be "a former college scholarship basketball player" to express an opinion on this board as to whether the team's name should be changed. I am glad you let us in on that prerequisite.

So why don't you share some of that Basketball knowledge with the rest of us on the other threads, instead of wasting your "talents" on a change the name thread?
    Last edited by say-what-x; 06-04-2002 at 11:13 AM.

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by FeathrMan

how IN THE WORLD do you know this????
    This was in the paper a few months back, believe it or not. I thought it was cool, so I kept on the look out and saw some.

If you find just about everything interesting, it is amazing the tidbits you pick up. Sometimes, some bit of seemingly useless bit of info comes in handy too. Admittedly, this really might not be one of those times, but I think the point is still valid, regardless.

Hawk, if you have such a vast amount of roundball exp to draw from why not enlighten us with your knowledge in some of the draft or playoff threads. After all there is no reason to get this worked up over an arguement as stupid as changing the name. Lighten up and try to have a good time.

WBH knows this because he is a just full of useless knowledge and misc random facts.

Guys, gals and any other terrestrial life forms posting in this thread. Let's keep it above the board and civil (I've seen you guys do it before so I know you can do it! ) so I won't have to send anything to the smack board or the ban bin. Plus I've got a crapload of homework and I don't think my professor is going to take "I was moderating all night, I just couldn't get it done" as an excuse

Originally posted by spongey
    Guys, gals and any other terrestrial life forms posting in this thread. Let's keep it above the board and civil (I've seen you guys do it before so I know you can do it! ) so I won't have to send anything to the smack board or the ban bin. Plus I've got a crapload of homework and I don't think my professor is going to take "I was moderating all night, I just couldn't get it done" as an excuse
    Okay, Spongeridge has spoken --- Truce.

But you have to admit, the moderators have had it pretty easy lately - and we will continue to try to keep it that way.

By the way, how long have we gone without a banning?

cant you guess ... opps relocated to hawks country, (at least i know it is one team the bobcats SHOULD beat-lol
    Originally posted by spongey
    Guys, gals and any other terrestrial
    Thanks for remembering, the gals part that is! So what are you studying, or are we not allowed to talk to the moderators?

Now what about the Moderators for a moniker?

To Mr. West Coast Hornet the flamer of the Charlotte boards, you are nothing but a cyber coward. You like to sit back behind your computer and flame the board but you are to chicken sh _t to put up your Email address. What a coward. My Email is readily available to anyone and especially to you. Anytime you wish to cross swords with me I eagerly await the oportunity to show what a dork you are.

Hawkeye, ban bin for you. You had a perfect opportunity to let bygones be bygones.

Abbie, I'm studying Economics but I also am doing my best to learn networking so I can get my CCNA and CCNP within the next year.

But you have to admit, the moderators have had it pretty easy lately - and we will continue to try to keep it that way.
    Merely the calm before the storm, my friend

By the way, how long have we gone without a banning?
    About two minutes, but before that...umm...it's been awhile. After the initial flurry of flames, it's been pretty peaceful *knock on wood*

This was in the paper a few months back, believe it or not. I thought it was cool, so I kept on the look out and saw some.

If you find just about everything interesting, it is amazing the tidbits you pick up. Sometimes, some bit of seemingly useless bit of info comes in handy too. Admittedly, this really might not be one of those times, but I think the point is still valid, regardless.
    The Cliff Claven of neworleanshornets.com!!!

Go Neonights!!!

yall beter watch out- you just might get attached to this neonight thing!?!?!:P

! Parrots!!! Yes! New Orleans is home to the Monk Parrot, a small budgie sized creature that apparently became feral after being imported from some Central American country. They make their homes in palm trees which have been planted on neutral grounds, another import. They are like killer bees in this. Well, except for the fact that neither the parrots, nor the palm trees have been know to swarm and kill people.
    Westbank, I have seen similar wild green parrots as we called them at City Park by Christian Brothers School. If you have played the South Golf Course they were always by the palms along that road that leads to Christian Brothers from Wisner. There were plenty in the trees the last time I played there a few years back. It was before the old par 5 18th hole .

Originally posted by FeathrMan
    yall beter watch out- you just might get attached to this neonight thing!?!?!:P
    NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS!!!

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS... NEONIGHTS!!!

I do not like it in red color,
    I do not like it in blue,
    I do not like it in green either,
    I do not do not like it, CC I am.

Sorry my kids books are getting to me I guess.

I think the best name for the team would be the pelicans. How can anyone from Louisiana not like this name? It is our state bird and we are known as the pelican state. Come on guys this is a lot better than HORNETS!!!

New Orleans Pelicans!!!
    Geaux LSU Tigers, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Pelicans, Houston Astros!

Thread Information