Pelicans Report

Thread: Stoudemire calls Bowen, Ginobili `dirty' players

NBA Stoudemire calls Bowen, Ginobili `dirty' players

Phoenix All-Star Amare Stoudemire says the San Antonio Spurs are a "dirty team" and that Bruce Bowen tried to hurt him, nasty accusations sure to intensify the playoff series between two of the best teams in the NBA.

Link
    I didnt remember the play in the game but i saw the video in YouTube and its pretty ****ed up, i hope the league officials see it and do something about it.
    Video

looked more like Bowen was just sprinting to defend instead of kicking. the replay makes it look a lot worse

(and no I ain't a Spurs nor a Bowen fan)

Well, this will definitely make their remaining games a bit more interesting.

I respect the heck out of Bruce Bowens. The guy has the guts to do what nobody in the NBA will do and that is play hard nosed def. Nobody does that anymore. I hear a lot of people in the NBA saying he is dirty because he will do whatever is legal to make a good def. play so you can't on him for that. Most of the offensive players will do whatever is legal (drawing fouls from the 3 for instance) and nobody hates on them for that as much as they hate on him for stopping people.

Amare play up to your ability and shut up.

bruce bowen is a dirty player who has caused lots of injuries. he is famous for putting his foot under people while they shoot causing them to roll their ankles. that is not clean basketball and their should be no room for that in this league. he should be suspended.

i agree, and that does look like hes trying to injure him, why would you kick someone going for an uncontested dunk?

I don't think Bowen is strategically kicking him. Like in all dirty Bowen plays I don't think he is thinking about injuring or whatever he just wants to be as annoyingly in the way as possible and to put himself in his man's space at all times. This time he's trying to take away all space and overshoots.

No question his style causes lots of injuries but I don't believe he goes out and tries to injure people. Don't know what they should do about him

Gerry V's #1 FAN!! Contributor
    This isn't the first time Bowen has been called out, in fact a remember quite a few. Kobe called him out on being dirty years ago, and i remember someone else as well, i just can't remember who. Someone took a jump shot and landed on his foot, got injured, and claimed Bowen did it purposely. I don;t think Bowen tries to hurt players, but i definently think he does whatever he can to distract, and does go a bit overboard when it comes to being "clean."
    Last edited by amay; 05-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOhornets
    I don't think Bowen is strategically kicking him. Like in all dirty Bowen plays I don't think he is thinking about injuring or whatever he just wants to be as annoyingly in the way as possible and to put himself in his man's space at all times. This time he's trying to take away all space and overshoots.

No question his style causes lots of injuries but I don't believe he goes out and tries to injure people. Don't know what they should do about him
    Exactly. He plays his man as close as possible. No player places his foot under another player's ankle on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by amay
    This isn't the first time Bowen has been called out, in fact a remember quite a few. Kobe called him out on being dirty years ago, and i remember someone else as well, i just can't remember who. Someone took a jump shot and landed on his foot, got injured, and claimed Bowen did it purposely. I don;t think Bowen tries to hurt players, but i definently think he does whatever he can to distract, and does go a bit overboard when it comes to being "clean."
    Ray Allen and Michael Finley as well. In fact, Finley came over and gave him a forearm shiver to the head.

Carter has also called out Bowen on numerous occasions.

Thread Information