Pelicans Report

Thread: Change What You Believe, You Change What You Do.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

Change What You Believe, You Change What You Do.

What do the Hornets believe about themselves? Are they a player or a pretender? Do they as players believe they can make a push and experience a playoff round or two? At the moment even mentioning a second playoff round is unacceptable.

The Sixers came into town facing a Hornets team that had a nice streak going on at home. Won 7 of their last 10 including 6 of 6 at home.
    They remember the whipping they recieved the last time they played Philly so one would think the "get em back" mode would have kicked in.

Add to the mix the return of Chris Paul. I wasn't expecting Paul to be lights out, but the mere sight of him on the floor should have set off some happy lights. Instead we witnessed the body language of a team that lacked activity, effort and no results to speak of. Philly beats the Hornets again 89-78.

The Sixers had a late 9-0 run in the 2nd quarter. The Sixers opened up the 2nd half with a 18-7 run. The Hornets come back from 20 points down, cut it to 8 but Philly gets up again with another run. This time 10-0.

The Sixers went to the line 31 times and made 24. The Hornets were 5 of 8.
    A shocking 8 trips to the line. Further punishment was added with a Philly 58-40 advantage on the boards. The Hornets obviously don't do windows.

Forget individual numbers for now. The Hornets have a more important issue to deal with. They need to ask themselves who they are and what do they believe. They also need to decide how they want to conduct their business. The defensive effort against the Sixers was lethargic. What appeared to be an impersonation of defense later in the game was little and late.

The energy they displayed gave off a dim light. Let me put it this way, their play didn't set off any global warming alarms. Oh I admire the fact that they face up and talk after the game. They remain a team that will allow you to ask the proper questions and they answer them. At least that's the treatment I recieve. I can't speak for anyone else that covers the team.

As individuals, the Hornets need to look in the mirror and they'll see the problem. It's up to players to hold themselves accountable. Don't talk about being three games from the final playoff spot when you can't put certain teams away.

Time to decide what the deal is. Either they face up and play the way they are supposed to play or the TIDE OF DECLINE will begin to flow around their sneakers and it will be to late.

"We hope to get it done." Hope is not a strategy. The NBA is a very big kitchen. The playoffs are a very hot stove. Time to put some truth in the pot.

When you change what you believe, you change what you do.

"gli uomini qualifcati".....you are qualified men.

Time to act like it.

GV
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

YEAH !

Thread Information