2007 NFL HOF Inductees

-Bruce Matthews

- Michael Irvin

-Thurman Thomas

-Roger Wehrli

-Gene Hickerson

-Charlie Sanders

Notable nominees who didn't get in: Paul Tagliabue, Ray Guy, Art Monk

Why doesnt Art Monk get in, people? He played on some great teams in the 1980's and the Eagles and Skins, he broke a lot of scoring records with Joe Gibbs and won like 2 Super Bowls and played in another?

I dont get sportwriters sometimes, they are a curious breed to me, Rickey Jackson had a great career but since he played for the Saints, in some writers minds, he doesnt deserve a chance to be in the Hall.

But Art Monk really has a case of being bitter at some of those sportwriters who have a bad case of using the HOF as a popularity contest, its despicable to me, good guys and good players get screwed all the time becuase they were perhaps jerks and deemed underrated by some sports hack working for the New York Times

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Michael Irvin is a clown. He's footballs equivalent of Calvin Murphy (only on drugs).

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Michael Irvin is a clown. He's footballs equivalent of Calvin Murphy (only on drugs).

I agree. I normally view fans who celebrate an injury of an opposing player as low-class, but I was happy when the Eagles fans celebrated when Michael Irvin got knocked out in the final minutes of the Cowboys-Eagles game at the Vet in 1999. He is an idiot.

Just the right time for the Saints to be playing in Canton. When an imbecile gets inducted into the HOF.

Oh well, at least we didn't have to watch the Saints play when O.J. Simpson was inducted in 2000. But the good news for that was that he didn't show up for his induction.

Thread Information