Pelicans Report

Thread: Suns Game

Suns Game

3 things that are making me want to pull my hair out:

paul seems to have no sense of urgency with 2 minutes left which is incredibly frusterating. walking the ball down the court? taking the whole shot clock when down by 12? whats up?

we cant shoot for ****. we are aweful tonight and i think as the season goes on another shooter who is Consistent will become our greatest need. theyve shut down peja by paying more attention to him (not to mention he blew his load in teh first anyway) and they know nobody else can do it right now.

our foul shots are ridiculous. we give away so many free points every night its not even funny. why even drive and get to the line when we half of our team shoots 40%?

Basketball Guru Contributor
    My thoughts...it was an off game for the Hornets. No questions....I think Hornets were exhausted from yesterday.

Butler was awful (again) shooting 1-8. Stojakovic was on fire until Byron ruined his night by benching him half the 2nd quarter. Also, Jackson never saw the court after playing half of the 1st Q. Then, with 6 minutes remaining in the 4th Q Scott had Bobby Jackson and Pargo in the game (no Paul). I'm pulling my hair out after this one too.

we need more support from the bench!
    and BS needs to make better desitions

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the judge
    3 things that are making me want to pull my hair out:

paul seems to have no sense of urgency with 2 minutes left which is incredibly frusterating. walking the ball down the court? taking the whole shot clock when down by 12? whats up?

we cant shoot for ****. we are aweful tonight and i think as the season goes on another shooter who is Consistent will become our greatest need. theyve shut down peja by paying more attention to him (not to mention he blew his load in teh first anyway) and they know nobody else can do it right now.

our foul shots are ridiculous. we give away so many free points every night its not even funny. why even drive and get to the line when we half of our team shoots 40%?
    Interesting, not to sound argumentative, but are we 8-4 or 4-8? Also, Paul dropped 35 the other night. Peja has been pretty hot as of late. Can't do it like that every night. This is why, btw, Paul said it was important to win the home games. The Hornets have never fared well on the west coast or even the western road trips.

Time for some football!!!

Hornets + Kool-Aid = ??? PyroCross's Avatar
    We lost because we played the Suns' game and not our own. That's pretty obvious when you elect to start 4 guards and a Center, you make them play our game, not the other way around.

Where fairies happen Contributor whoah whoah's Avatar
    it just wasnt our night, they were not falling. the only thing that was driving me nuts was dez's shot selection. how many times did he miss that ugly hook shot! stop forcing shots
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3
    you eat so good. you're always gonna eat good. I kid a lot, everything is spicy, the fruit loops even have some kick to em
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebron James
    We played pretty good defense. We bottled him [Paul] up, but with eyes in the back of his head, he found David West"

ULSaint told me he knew it was going to happen

Just a one off guys. On the end of a road back to back is always tough. The team will bounce back.
    RIP #13 Bobby Phills

Quote Originally Posted by the judge
    The Suns apparently played a fast-paced game, taking advantage of the fact that we just played the night before....

The Hornets appeared tired after playing Tuesday night, to the point Chris Paul told Mike D'Antoni that he wished the Suns would slow things down in the second quarter. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...3suns1123.html

Neither team got to the line much last night. We were 14-19 the Suns were 16-19 .... that's not what lost it for us last night.

Quote Originally Posted by say-what
    The Suns apparently played a fast-paced game, taking advantage of the fact that we just played the night before....

The Hornets appeared tired after playing Tuesday night, to the point Chris Paul told Mike D'Antoni that he wished the Suns would slow things down in the second quarter. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...3suns1123.html

Neither team got to the line much last night. We were 14-19 the Suns were 16-19 .... that's not what lost it for us last night.

as for the foul shots, i was refering more to the season as a whole not last night individually so my fault for being unclear.

the suns did play a fast game and we tried to run with them and to my suprise managed to keep it fairly close (in the single digits) by doing so which tells me maybe we could pull that on some teams in the future who have back to back games. i think paul should have been walking the ball down the court in the first quarter and running with it in the 4th late when we were down not the opposite.

i think we need to improve on these things but im very happy with our overall play this season.

I think Scott was trying to keep Peja and Paul from burning themselves out before the fouth quarter. Remember they both had log a lot minutes going into a back to back game. And you have to factor in who we were playing, you know they were going to run the ball up and down the court all night.

yea i agree with sumone else up there that desmond was forcing alot of his shots and they werent falling, but in the end he started making more and was playing well... i wish peja wouldve hit a few more shots and wished paul wouldve taken control of the game more... once he starts finding guys open to shoot, we play better.. but last night we were forcing off alot of shots and not finding guys open.. just a poor performance overall, and to think we only lost by 9... if we wouldve brought our A game on the offense then we wouldve won that game

Fan of the NO Hornets
    That's what I get for saying something nice about BS. Would someone please tell me one good thing about our game plan and execution of that game plan...other than it helped our guys not get so tired? Pa-leez.

Thread Information