Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HEY - Robarchek Strikes Back!

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    WCH-Well, since you don't have your PMs on, guess I'll air your dirty laundry right here.

We won't miss your holier than thou attitude. I stick by my opinion. If you don't like it, put me on your ignore list. Otherwise, go fly a kite. By the way, I don't care if you personally ever talked "sh!t" about NOLA. You clearly support it and qualify as a whiner, too. Goodbye.
    END

mayberry,

I haven't been here that long but WCH has been nothing but cool to people. Even while debating with people from CHT, he stands by his points but respects the opinion of others. I think you should let it go. Your media has made NO out to be the bad guy, and worse tries to build up CHT's image by trashing a good city. Times-P never attacks CHT, yet almost daily a new satire comes out with something nasty to say about NO. Let it go.

nyknicksfan

Ok, I have a question.

I think the "Top Ten" list that Westbank Hornet posted is funny. It's very clever.

Is it insulting? Is it hateful? Is it mean-spirited? Is it angry? Of course not.

Is it a total crock? Of course it is.

Is it the fact that it appears in the newspaper instead of just being posted on the internet that irritates you? I admit I haven't read everything, but almost all the articles I've seen are bashing George and Ray, not New Orleans.

By the way, Robarchek's column is on the comics page, where it belongs.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by Pirate1974
    Ok, I have a question.

I think the "Top Ten" list that Westbank Hornet posted is funny. It's very clever.

Is it insulting? Is it hateful? Is it mean-spirited? Is it angry? Of course not.

Is it a total crock? Of course it is.

Is it the fact that it appears in the newspaper instead of just being posted on the internet that irritates you? I admit I haven't read everything, but almost all the articles I've seen are bashing George and Ray, not New Orleans.

By the way, Robarchek's column is on the comics page, where it belongs.
    We have a different view. It appears as though you don't agree with it and you'd like to argue the point further. Not interested. Thanks. Charlotte is in the past now. My personal preference is that you either remain here as a knowledgeable Hornets fan talking Hornets basketball, or you leave. In any event, it is TRULY time to stop this city v. city stuff. I am damned tired of it.

I haven't been here that long but WCH has been nothing but cool to people. Even while debating with people from CHT, he stands by his points but respects the opinion of others. I think you should let it go. Your media has made NO out to be the bad guy, and worse tries to build up CHT's image by trashing a good city. Times-P never attacks CHT, yet almost daily a new satire comes out with something nasty to say about NO. Let it go.
    nyknicksfan, thanks for the props. I try hard, but sometimes I admit that I get frustrated and feel like I am just . However, tonight marks a new era. As of tomorrow, I am going to try, again, to turn over a new leaf. As of tomorrow I will no longer look back towards CLT and engage CLT. If a CLT poster remains to talk Hornets basketball, then such poster should be treated with respect as a sportsfan with knowledge of the team. Anyone from CLT who wants to discuss something else will be ignored. I am frustrated with many, but not all, Charloteans, but I have to let it go. Goodbye, CLT.
    Last edited by West Coast Hornet; 05-15-2002 at 11:06 PM.

Time for some football!!!

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    WCH,

I agree, after I posted what TNT did with Joe Piscopo I decided that I would stop debating the same points over and over again, or get into city bashing, etc. It is finally over, they are the NO Hornets. I do feel bad for the fans, I'm sure it does hurt to lose the team. I also will never go back to that neonight name thing, I wish it would just go away.

I'm going to have to learn how to add those fancy things to my posts, to jazz them up a bit (atleast using a smiley face or two).
    Last edited by NYKF Hornet; 05-15-2002 at 11:14 PM.

Draft Pick
    Originally posted by West Coast Hornet

Well, since you don't have your PMs on, guess I'll air your dirty laundry right here.

We won't miss your holier than thou attitude. I stick by my opinion. If you don't like it, put me on your ignore list. Otherwise, go fly a kite. By the way, I don't care if you personally ever talked "sh!t" about NOLA. You clearly support it and qualify as a whiner, too. Goodbye.
    So, if I have a different opinion I am a whiner? Holier than thou?

Hmmm...let's see....I can't think of any thread that I've posted to that I "whined" about the hornets leaving. I simply said that I think that you guys are a little bit thin-skinned when it comes to the ragging on your city. I even gave y'all props. Yeah, I'm gonna miss them, but you've got 'em now, enjoy.

It's weird that of the few times I've contributed to this board, no matter how much I try to tread on eggshells, Mr. WCH feels the need to call me out. You Sir, are an a*******. It seems that 75% of the time you actually contribute good stuff to the posts, but if someone has a dissenting view you turn into an *****.

I've actually enjoyed reading the stuff on this board as opposed to charlotte.com since all of this stuff has gone down. I've been entertained, appalled, tickled, shocked, enlightened, etc. Thanx Spongey and all of the others. The hornets are not our team anymore as of tonight. Good luck!

Originally posted by mayberry

So, if I have a different opinion I am a whiner? Holier than thou?

Hmmm...let's see....I can't think of any thread that I've posted to that I "whined" about the hornets leaving. I simply said that I think that you guys are a little bit thin-skinned when it comes to the ragging on your city. I even gave y'all props. Yeah, I'm gonna miss them, but you've got 'em now, enjoy.

It's weird that of the few times I've contributed to this board, no matter how much I try to tread on eggshells, Mr. WCH feels the need to call me out. You Sir, are an a*******. It seems that 75% of the time you actually contribute good stuff to the posts, but if someone has a dissenting view you turn into an *****.

I've actually enjoyed reading the stuff on this board as opposed to charlotte.com since all of this stuff has gone down. I've been entertained, appalled, tickled, shocked, enlightened, etc. Thanx Spongey and all of the others. The hornets are not our team anymore as of tonight. Good luck!
    I am an a*******. I don't have a problem with it, but apparently you do. I don't care. I told you that if the shoe DOES NOT fit, then don't worry about it.

Why don't we try to start again. I'll start. Mayberry, I am sorry man. I didn't mean to come after you personally. You seem like a good poster. Unfortunately, I and many of us have a problem with a lot of things that have been said about New Orleans by your fellow citizens ranging from your business community, to your political leaders, to your media, and, finally, to your posters. However, I don't judge all CLT posters based on the above mentioned groups. I will continue to have a problem with many of the mouths and pens of CLT (until tomorrow when I turn it totally off), but I didn't mean to lump you into that group. FOr that I apologize. I only request that you acknowledge our concern and respect it whether you agree with it or not. Trying to argue against our view is not going to help matters. Regards and peace out.

Draft Pick
    Originally posted by nyknicksfan
    WCH-Well, since you don't have your PMs on, guess I'll air your dirty laundry right here.

END

mayberry,

nyknicksfan
    nyknicks: I do think that WCH has been generally civil, but it just seems that the few times i've posted that i get flamed by him. I dunno what it is, maybe I'm just not that eloquent when I type, but I just try to add to the conversation. I don't generally have a problem until i'm called an a****** for voicing my opinion. Hey, we don't have the hornets any more....NOLA does. I wasn't trying to stir up sh!t at all.

Of course, it doesn't matter now: I don't have a team anymore. Good luck, NOLA.

nyknicks: I do think that WCH has been generally civil, but it just seems that the few times i've posted that i get flamed by him. I dunno what it is, maybe I'm just not that eloquent when I type, but I just try to add to the conversation. I don't generally have a problem until i'm called an a****** for voicing my opinion. Hey, we don't have the hornets any more....NOLA does. I wasn't trying to stir up sh!t at all.

Of course, it doesn't matter now: I don't have a team anymore. Good luck, NOLA.
    I see what the problem is. You thought that I called YOU an a********. I am sorry. I shouldn't have said that, but in fact it wasn't directed towards you, especially if the shoe didn't fit. It was directed collectively at the many in CLT who have bashed our city time and again. As I mentioned before, you seem like a good poster, so I just want to state that I didn't mean those words for you. But I do stick by my opinion. Peace.

I don't feel NO should base opinions on our newspaper....those guys are a bunch of b----s no one in nc likes....charles chandler(observer writer) is maybe the only one with some sense.....tom sorenson is dumb so dont take it personally.....but what people dont know is that basketball fans can't beat republicans in a tax referendum...you should know that...we were set up...not by NO...its not your fault....its 70% of charlotte........those other 30% though are feeling the pain...and i bet some of those voters against the arena regret their vote.....as far as charlotte.....we asked for it and deserve to lose the hornets.....but the the real losers are the fans who (like me) planned their prom around a hornets game...lol.........but some new orleans people are rubbing it in and the true fans in charlotte are mourning...and agitation by people labeling charlotte as a whole is as hypocritical....Don't put opinions or words in my mouth....you are as different to your neighbor as i am to mine.....so dont take cheap shots at cht.....i was born in san diego and transplanted here at age 11...but was a fan since 88..........im now almost 18 now.....and to the charlotte people who bash NO......you need to think of it in a since...that they got a team that obviously wasnt gonna work in charlotte due to mass opinion.....you may think your team was stole......but it wasnt stolen.....the 70% that voted no failed us fans......so If you cant cheer for them in NO...your not a real fan.......so grow up everyone......
    GO New Orleans Hornets....I hope the best of success to the real fans of basket ball in NO...as far as the classless people in this board.....i hope my d--- tastes good
    PS. heres a solution.......give the jazz to charlotte and hornets to NO lol(might as well steal the stolen)

Draft Pick
    Originally posted by West Coast Hornet

I am an a*******. I don't have a problem with it, but apparently you do. I don't care. I told you that if the shoe DOES NOT fit, then don't worry about it.

Why don't we try to start again. I'll start. Mayberry, I am sorry man. I didn't mean to come after you personally. You seem like a good poster. Unfortunately, I and many of us have a problem with a lot of things that have been said about New Orleans by your fellow citizens ranging from your business community, to your political leaders, to your media, and, finally, to your posters. However, I don't judge all CLT posters based on the above mentioned groups. I will continue to have a problem with many of the mouths and pens of CLT (until tomorrow when I turn it totally off), but I didn't mean to lump you into that group. FOr that I apologize. I only request that you acknowledge our concern and respect it whether you agree with it or not. Trying to argue against our view is not going to help matters. Regards and peace out.
    WCH: thank you. I've really tried my damndest to be civil and I know most of your posts are civil, and dare I say, informative. I just have a a problem with being lumped into all of the CLT posters who strive to just start sh!t. We shall have to agree to disagree.

As far as fan support in NO........they have enough fans to do it...and i hope they break our record....cause the hornets players need some fan support.......dont forget they had the first player to bring crowds(Pistol...need i say more?) and they lost their Jazz....so everything is fair game in basketball.....most marriages dont last because that person isnt right for the other....and the city of charlotte and it citizens seperated from the hornets and shinn...so dont lash at NO ......lash at the real cause.......NO was just a beneficiary of our misfortune....so dont point the finger at them just put some cajun spice on your bugs and root em next year

WCH: thank you. I've really tried my damndest to be civil and I know most of your posts are civil, and dare I say, informative. I just have a a problem with being lumped into all of the CLT posters who strive to just start sh!t. We shall have to agree to disagree.
    Point well taken and I shouldn't let my frustration cause me to lump innocent bystanders in with the bad apples. It gets harder not to do that sometimes, though. I don't know how you feel about it, but New Orleans has been shat upon so much by many that we find it incomprehensible. I do feel for the real fans for their loss tonight. I've been there and it isn't right. What to do? Good luck to you, peace, and please stick around on this board and continue your contributions. Thanks.

cant you guess ... opps relocated to hawks country, (at least i know it is one team the bobcats SHOULD beat-lol
    Well I obviously missed alot last night. Couldnt bare to be with ya'll. Its a very sad day for me. Now, what I am going to say is not in any way meant as negative. Here goes.... Chlt for a long time has had a problem with anything neg. being said about her hurt us alot,but we have had to get over it. We who live here know it is a great city and that is why we stay(and all the yankees move down Haha). But my point is we have had to get over it. You and many other people obviously know your city is great so why worry about what someone in Charlotte or Atlanta or anywhere might say. Be happy with what you have. Now as far as the hornets go, sad day! I about cried myself to sleep last night. Our local cable station played a tribute to them after the game & it was a real tear jerker! Now maybe this is wrong of me but I cant decide between loving my hornets & them being dead to me. What a roller coaster I've been on with this team!

Hall of Famer
    This thread is rolling, but most of it comes from Charlotte people who are playing a tune and that tune sounds like...

LSU Fans, Check out our LSU Site, BAYOUBENGALS.COM , Sister site of SR and NOH.

I sincerely apologize again if I offended anyone. That was certainly not my intent. I honestly wasn't trying to start anything.

I'm not familiar with the history here so I was not aware of the bad feelings that apparently have existed on this board.

This has been a very emotional situation and very frustrating for those of us who have spent a lot of money supporting the Hornets over the years and felt powerless to do anything to keep them from leaving.

Let's see if I can find a cartoon that shows how a lot of us feel today. How about this:

Good luck in New Orleans.

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Pirate1974
    I sincerely apologize again if I offended anyone. That was certainly not my intent. I honestly wasn't trying to start anything.

I'm not familiar with the history here so I was not aware of the bad feelings that apparently have existed on this board.

This has been a very emotional situation and very frustrating for those of us who have spent a lot of money supporting the Hornets over the years and felt powerless to do anything to keep them from leaving.

Let's see if I can find a cartoon that shows how a lot of us feel today. How about this:

Good luck in New Orleans.
    Man you have apologized twice, you have done plenty, I am not even sure if you even offended anyone but just enjoy the site, contine following the Hornets if you feel like it and even if you don't come over here and talk NBA basketball with us, we want to keep all the good members no matter which city you are from.

I feel bad for how the diehard fans in Charlotte, like yourself, feel today, I know it must be difficult.

If Charlotte rids itself of McCrory and some others, they will have NBA basketball back soon IMO.

Good Luck to Charlotte!!

class whodat....im sorry for the harsh words you guys.....i tried to amend them

For those in Charlotte who keep asking why do the nonsensical ramblings of a person who is JUST a newspapaer columnist matter, do y'all remember when Charlotte was seeking an NBA franchise? Do y'all remember the words from another newspaper column that were echoed across the country:

"'The only franchise Charlotte will get is one with golden arches.' It was a throw-away line in a Phoenix newspaper column, published as NBA owners were meeting there to consider expansion applications. It was a stab at humor that wasn't funny in Charlotte, and it looked more than a little foolish in the years to follow as the Hornets led the league in attendance."
    From jersey to Jersey, it was Charlotte

Seems that this line is still remembered and still causes some angst in Charlotte.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-17-2002 at 07:23 AM.

cant you guess ... opps relocated to hawks country, (at least i know it is one team the bobcats SHOULD beat-lol
    Say-What, it did'nt bother me, I knew it was not true. If you know its not true about N.O. than dont let it bother you too! Did ya'll really expect the Chlt press to be all lovey about N.O. right now? Were ya'll kissy with Utah back when? Just a thought, do you think we should be running stories about how great N.O. is and how awful Chlt is? Just let these emotions run there course and we can all be friends again. I mean I've already made up with most of you right?

Rant

Abbie, I never expected Charlotte to say kind things about us, we are after all the enemy so to speak. However, I never expected them to constantly trash us the way they did. I mean, throughout this whole ordeal, the New Orleans media never ran stories saying the fans in Charlotte weren't supporting the team, we never criticized your politicians for failing to reach an arena deal without a referendum, plain and simple, our press never said a bad word about Charlotte - even in jest. In fact they would run pieces trying to present the matter from the point of view of the fans and simply report as fact the events of the past that the people of Charlotte believed led to the whole relocation saga.

In and of itself, taken in isolation, I am not really upset about that one piece. I never realized it would generate so many responses or reach some 700 hits so fast. It's just one more sign of the anger that exists in Charlotte over this whole affair. Why does anyone have to resort to calling New Orleans names? On paper it looked like Charlotte held every statistical advantage they could over New Orleans - but that wasn't enough for the press in Charlotte, they had to take it to another level and resort to yellow journalism. Forget the facts, report half truths, report the writer's opinion as fact, and let's not forget to bad mouth New Orleans every chance we can.

I never expected Charlotte to like us, after all we were offering it's prized NBA team a new home. Charlotte just went too far when going on the defensive.

That's all I am saying.

Man, this turned into too long of a rant, well let's add the rant icon.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-17-2002 at 09:45 AM.

As you said on Paper it looked like Charlotte held the advantage, but we still lost the team. No, you don't deserve the brunt of the anger but it has to go somewhere. Some people just don't know where to put it, I am not sure either! I have gotten some closure on all this, not totally but some. Once you put a face to someone its hard to still hate them! Before I came on the board I was determined to hate ya'll, now I just want us all to win. I think we all will someday & I just might come down there for a CHLT, N.O. game. Course my team will win!! (If I knew how to do a smiley it would be here, so just pretend)

Abbie,

Smilies are easy. Instead of using the box provided at the end of the thread to reply, click the orange "post reply" link that is above and to the right of the reply box. You get a new screen with smilies that you can click on and insert and if that's not enough, a link that will open a window for more.

Here is what the link provides: Get More Smilies
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-17-2002 at 03:56 PM.

Your the man! I finally got it , now I feel like I've accomplished something today!

Thread Information