Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzster
    Are you all just saying these things to get our minds off of the NO vs. OKC things. I just can't picture Shinn spending all this cash.
    Shinn made sure to tell Jeff to stay under the cap.

"There are a lot of trade possibilities we're working on," Shinn said "I
    told Jeff don't be crazy with spending. Stay under the salary cap if we can
    do it, but we want to get better."

Starter
    chicago and Indiana? O'neal, peja, jackson? Chandler or Gordon?
    RIP Coach Robinson, Brandon Spincer, and Marquise Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Fred Jones? Peja? Stephen Jackson is supposed to be on the block over there too?
    I like Fred Jones, and watched a lot of Pacers games over the last 2 seasons, but I think the last thing we need is another guy who's long on athleticism, but short on consistency. Our roster has more than enough potential, we need results. You hear about a great FJ game maybe 4 or 5 times per season.

Peja makes more sense than anybody, given his familiarity with the offense.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    No way we get Ben Gordon or JO I wish there was a way but we dont have much

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenoctem
    Peja makes more sense than anybody, given his familiarity with the offense.
    I couldn't agree more

Aight i get everthing about who were goin after now (Not because of any skill, jus because today it was spelled out for me) But the one thing i dont get is where does the trade that involve multiple players and teams come in? is that part of the Bulls deal or is there another deal? Cuz Peja we will jus sign up thru FA so he cant be part of a multi team trade. And seems like PJ and JR is the deal for the Bulls. So where does that leave the trade with multiple teams? Jus goin by rumors ive seen i keep seeing stuff about Suns and Sonics being part of a multi team deal, and i know there are rumors about Richard Jefferson being avalible. i guess i'm still holding out some sort of hope for a Richard Jefferson deal (yes i know purely fantasy on my part lol But he would look good playin SG to fill the void we have there) And Bower is supposed to be working on 2 trades, so what will the other move be? Someone please get me an advil.

Failure is always an option Contributor
    I again am just not sure about Peja given his injuries...

Without reading back through the thread and at the risk of repeating what someone else has said, it depends on the money and the contract. I like Peja a lot but he's not the second coming. But if it's a halfway decent deal given today's market then I'm down with it.

Richard Jefferson? He is a serious player. Make no mistake about it. I'd love to see him on the team.

Salary cap be damned. Sign 'em all. I think HH is absolutely right about having an attractive team in place when the franchise comes back to N.O. It will mean a lot to Mr. Shinn's bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23
    I was laughing once he said my "inside source"
    Still laughing?

Yes but for different reasons

When the trade happens, the picture will be complete of the big moves hinted at earlier.

Interesting how all of those that initially launched a full out attack on me, discrediting me, my source, and my information, are either silent or love the move now that it's been reported! In case you haven't noticed, I've been posting a lot more info recently which is also legit and from inside sources. If it’s not I’ll make it clear that it’s my opinion. Otherwise, even if I’m very discreet about it (like my projected roster for next year), you can assume it’s from a 1st Degree source. Take notice, I like to give hints and clues but you'll have to do the work speculating to figure it out. If you don't like this game, then don't play it but I think many do and are happy that they found out what was going to happen before it was reported tonight.

I certainly forgive the following posters and hope that they engage in more civil discourse next time I and others offer something significant. Learn to trust this board--I promise you they're a few others on here that also have direct sources and/or significant information from the inside who CHOOSE to NOT post what they know due to the immediate cynicism and criticism they would receive. Let's embrace them, not make a villain out of them!

Will the cynics/critics please stand up?

NolaHornets23--Definitely the Chairman of this distinguished list!
    WeatherNLU
    Stickman125
    Chad504Boy
    Gustopher
    Saints Fan in A
    Liltiger
    Man In the Arena
    Shrimpnose
    TwoHeadedBoy
    The Judge
    NolaHornet
    Mike V
    TheBigEasy
    Imnos 2
    Picknroll
    FireBirdLS1>You

Also thank you to following members for embracing me as a new contributor to the board and understanding that my information was legit from the beginning.

Defuz
    Harvey Hornet
    GrandAdmiral
    WCH

Yeah I apologize.. You cant blame me for not believeing you.. I did take it to far but im obviously done now.

You da man No1Hornet

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NolaHornets23
    Yes but for different reasons
    I'm hearing the Bulls (or as you say "bull") deal could go down tomorrow. How would you like that crow?

Quote Originally Posted by hennessyrob
    You da man No1Hornet
    YES HE IS!

Did I say stuff about that deal? Once the specifics(that sall I ever wanted) were said I accepted it.

We'll be back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    I'm hearing the Bulls (or as you say "bull") deal could go down tomorrow. How would you like that crow?

WOW!!!

PJ will be missed. I wish we would have traded him to San Antonio. The only need they have is a foot doctor for Duncan.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Before all you guys start to hug and make up, just know that the Hornets aren't likely done with things yet. Obviously, we have the potential CHI deal coming up. But there could be and should be more stuff to come. Stay tuned...

WCH Well thank you for putting the rest of my life on hold once again. Ever since this stuff has been goin on i have been on this site. Now right when i think imma be able to to go do something constructive tomorrow you come out and say ''more to come'' I wish i liked coffee cuz i could sure use it.

NO1,ive been hearing the same things as you since you posted, dont remember ever doubting. appreciate you keeping the rest informed though, keep it up.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzster
    PJ will be missed.
    Yes he will. But, the bottom line is PJ is nearing the end. He wanted out hoping to land with a team who might go far in the playoffs. I know the Bulls probably aren't that team, but who says the Bulls won't deal him to a true contender prior to the trade deadline?

I expect and hope for PJ to rejoin the organization in some form when he's finished playing. He's a true pro and a class act. I hope he's a part of the New Orelans Hornets front office upon their full time return in 07-08. George loves the guy (PJ is fond of George too) and I think there is a good chance he'll be back with our organization some day.

Quote Originally Posted by crazed2apoint
    WCH Well thank you for putting the rest of my life on hold once again. Ever since this stuff has been goin on i have been on this site. Now right when i think imma be able to to go do something constructive tomorrow you come out and say ''more to come'' I wish i liked coffee cuz i could sure use it.
    I concur .

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    Will the cynics/critics please stand up?

NolaHornets23--Definitely the Chairman of this distinguished list!
    WeatherNLU
    Stickman125
    Chad504Boy
    Gustopher
    Saints Fan in A
    Liltiger
    Man In the Arena
    Shrimpnose
    TwoHeadedBoy
    The Judge
    NolaHornet
    Mike V
    TheBigEasy
    Imnos 2
    Picknroll
    FireBirdLS1>You

Also thank you to following members for embracing me as a new contributor to the board and understanding that my information was legit from the beginning.

Defuz
    Harvey Hornet
    GrandAdmiral
    WCH
    Now, hold on, sweetheart... when was I critical of your posts (disregarding this one, haha)? I don't expect to be added to the "Thank You" list, but go easy there.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    Interesting how all of those that initially launched a full out attack on me, discrediting me, my source, and my information, are either silent or love the move now that it's been reported!
    I am neither silent nor do I love the move per se. I just happen to live half a planet and a couple of time zones away, so forgive me for not posting here in the middle of my night.

Yes, your info was legit. But my criticism still stands. That gloating "Hey, I told you so post" above just proves my point.

In case YOU haven't noticed. This is an internet message board. Coming here, having no credible background and claiming to have an inside source is the same as going to your favourite bar with your buddies and claiming you know a guy whose friend's friend has a girlfriend which happens to know someone in the organisation and heard through a secretary that there might be something happening.

You said "You need to learn to trust this board" ... how about you learn how to present such inside info on an internet message board?

TBE

Hall of Famer Contributor
    ^ i agree. I have learnt to trust this board but i only trust the people on your "thank you list" i.e the mods. They have proven that they have a source and they don't gloat. You can't come on here with a 20 post count and expect everyone to take your word as gospel. You may get off thinking your superior to the average fan because of your "sources" but it just ****es people off.

Just my 2 cents

Thread Information