Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

Quote Originally Posted by the big H
    Is it Peja? Through some cash at him and move D-mase to SG. Thats a play-off team right there.
    Mason SG are you out of your mind?!?

We need to figure out what's wrong with Dmase.... This is a guy who use to avg 17-18 points a game... and his shooting didn't look that horrible from what i remember... I hope he can turn back into the guy who scored 17ppg in Mil....

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    No1 can you tell us at least if he's a young player or an old player? Is taller than 6-6 or shorter? Is he a past all star or a yearly all star? Can you give us just one little piece? Only guys I can really think about being any worth to us is Wallace, Peja, Harrington, Allen or AI in a trade. But none of those guys would financially make any sense. Maybe with the exception of Peja. I could be wrong on the money part.

is he bald? is he white? is he a lefty?
    Having good times with my friends on Hornets Report!!

Where did he go to High School? Does he have a uni-brow? Lazy Eye?

Jamal Crawford would be nice. Rashard Lewis? Paul Pierce? Quentin Richardson? Joe Johnson?

RJ

We are assuming that the Allstar player is a free agent. I doubt that the Hornets can sign a big time free agent so I suspect it is a trade involving the Nets. Contrary to what Shinn stated, players don't want to play for BS. Secondly Shinn wants to stay wat under the cap. About three weeks ago, Hoopshype had a rumor that RJ was available. Given that the Hornets drafted big and still needs a swing player, my guess it's Richard Jefferson.

I believe JR and PJ will be very very happy next week.

25 characters is not enoug Contributor ktulu909's Avatar
    calm down guys,Its Magic Johnson.

if we really are talking some kind of a trade here how come we arent hearing ANY rumors from any teams if it really has a big name player in it wouldnt they be rumors from both teams alreay like on realgm or hoopshype etc are Hornets really that quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by durun
    We are assuming that the Allstar player is a free agent. I doubt that the Hornets can sign a big time free agent so I suspect it is a trade involving the Nets. Contrary to what Shinn stated, players don't want to play for BS. Secondly Shinn wants to stay wat under the cap. About three weeks ago, Hoopshype had a rumor that RJ was available. Given that the Hornets drafted big and still needs a swing player, my guess it's Richard Jefferson.

I believe JR and PJ will be very very happy next week.
    I was screaming for RJ a year ago... hope your right. We would definately need a vet big if we did that.

We can speculate on this all day. But my thing is I want something big for us. It was upsetting to see the Heat win the Title this year. We should have been at least to the West Finals by now. If there is any validity to these proposed deals I'm all for it. Or somebody just wants to see everybody running with their head coming off trying to figure out everything. Personally I'm just going to wait and see. If something happens, GOOD! If not we have CP3, West, and two new big men. I'd say we're building this title run through the draft. And when it happens...it will be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05
    if we really are talking some kind of a trade here how come we arent hearing ANY rumors from any teams if it really has a big name player in it wouldnt they be rumors from both teams alreay like on realgm or hoopshype etc are Hornets really that quiet?

"While discussing the behind-the-scenes work being done by the front office, Shinn praised General Manager Jeff Bower. Shinn said Bower is working on two possible trades and some free-agent signings. "

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index...240.xml&coll=1

A little more information

Everybody wants a little more information. I questioned whether or not I could or should tell you anything else, but much of what is being discussed is very relevant. The trade which has been agreed to "in principle" but will not be reported until salary cap issues are resolved is very complicated and involves trading multiple players from the Hornets and other teams. You can rest assured that at least one of the players we'd pick up in the trade would be a "solid starter" and certainly an upgrade from our current starter at that position. It could be more than a two-team trade. The details on that are still being worked out and thus I wish I could hint what it might involve but don't know enough of "the facts" to give you anything else. As far as a Free Agent signing, the player most likely to come here (I'm deliberatley not confirming anything) will be a tremendous and expensive pickup. He's a player that most, if not all of you really like. As most of you know, we do have a lot of money to spend--expect one player to receive most of it. This player will fit into one of our biggest needs. We really helped ourselves by picking up two big men in the draft. They will both have the potential to start, but most likely you will see them competing against one another for one spot at the PF or C position.

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    Everybody wants a little more information. I questioned whether or not I could or should tell you anything else, but much of what is being discussed is very relevant. The trade which has been agreed to "in principle" but will not be reported until salary cap issues are resolved is very complicated and involves trading multiple players from the Hornets and other teams. You can rest assured that at least one of the players we'd pick up in the trade would be a "solid starter" and certainly an upgrade from our current starter at that position. It could be more than a two-team trade. The details on that are still being worked out and thus I wish I could hint what it might involve but don't know enough of "the facts" to give you anything else. As far as a Free Agent signing, the player most likely to come here (I'm deliberatley not confirming anything) will be a tremendous and expensive pickup. He's a player that most, if not all of you really like. As most of you know, we do have a lot of money to spend--expect one player to receive most of it. This player will fit into one of our biggest needs. We really helped ourselves by picking up two big men in the draft. They will both have the potential to start, but most likely you will see them competing against one another for one spot at the PF or C position.
    Reading between lines.... Trading for RJ and going after Big Ben.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    It's gotta be either Peja or Ben. No one else warrants using a chuck of cap space on.

As for the trade, I have no idea. Will we hear something in the next few days or will it be around July 15?

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    If we ended up with Rashard Lewis or Richard Jefferson, I would be the happiest man alive.

Couple either of those guys with Ben Wallace... I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

/\...thats me

The Franchise
    LOL im much the same, im waiting for some hints hints make this little game fun.

I'm just waiting for it to happen. Was considering holding my breath while waiting but decided against it

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in the Arena
    If we ended up with Rashard Lewis or Richard Jefferson, I would be the happiest man alive.

Couple either of those guys with Ben Wallace... I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
    Wow imagine that starting 5:

CP
    RJ
    Dez
    DX
    Big Ben

woahh talk about make some noise

The Franchise
    he did say a solid starter the 2nd time though guys are we getting a bit ahead of ourselves?

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    LMFAO you guys need to think about this whole thing before you get so damn excited

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    I know you are not confirming anything regarding the FA. But from what I understand, you sound rather sure this FA will end up with the Hornets.

I don't know how the rules are or how the system really works. But wouldn't it be some sort of tempering (spell?) having an agreement with an FA (who isn't an FA until Saturday) in place?

I'd love to have Big Ben here, but I a) doubt he'd come here as I think he'll stay in Detroit and b) I doubt Hornets brass can be so sure about him coming here (or anyone else you might mean) ... going after Big Ben or another big name FA (which aren't many this year) would be great. But I have my doubts about those FA actually signing with the Hornets.

"Solid Starter" btw doesn't scream RJ to me either ... he is more than that.

I know I am a little negative ... but I don't want to get my hopes too high up.

@Harvey
    Point taken ... but it still feels a little sour to me.

The Franchise
    o agree rashard lewis and rj are more than solid starters there almost all stars, hmmmm

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitolHornet45
    Wow imagine that starting 5:

CP
    RJ
    Dez
    DX
    Big Ben

woahh talk about make some noise
    I know, right?

Haha, if you add Rashard Lewis (6'10") into that mix, we'd have a SF taller than both our starting PF and starting C.

Thread Information