Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Good deal! You'll be pleased!

Oh, as for JR...

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    H-05, just enjoy the ride, man. It's all a part of it. It's speculation time. Deals that never were, almost were, were, are, etc...

The Franchise
    hey he was giving us a heads up on who we may trade for, if it turns out that we get this player than well done, if we dont than ahwell, all we can do is try and guess or hope for who we want, and by the end of july we will know a lot more, im hoping for pierce but i highly doubt it i mean i dont think we have enough assets to trade for him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I would not be surprised if they did alot of trading or one major trade this offseason. They did it last year, so why not this year.

as much as i hate being left on the edge of my seat like this, from what ive read in this post i love it...fingers are crossed

The Franchise
    i feel the same im so excited i hope the days fly by i want to know

I think the draft was great and we'll have some quality pieces to add to the team who will make us better for a long time to come. But they are just warming us up........

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    The thread starter is on to something.

We'll get that shooter we are looking for!

I still expect PJ and JR to be dealt. We'll probably get something nice in return for them when it happens. Though the Hornets went big tonight, you can't expect rookies to start. Along with a shooter, I'd like to see a couple of vetern bigs added.

As for July 1 and July 12, sounds good to me. I heard July 2 and July 14. Oh well, close enough.
    But would you expect PJ and JR to be part of the same deal? And wouldn't the team bring back Aaron Williams and Marc Jackson?

Obviously the team will be active in FA. They have the cap space and seem interested in striking now that CP3 is the new face and leader of this team. But it's gotta be more than making moves for making moves' sake. They gots to fit now and for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Obviously the team will be active in FA. They have the cap space and seem interested in striking now that CP3 is the new face and leader of this team. But it's gotta be more than making moves for making moves' sake. They gots to fit now and for the future.
    Sounds good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    While I absolutely cannot give any information about my source.
    C'Mon no1hornet. Like, in degrees of seperation from someone who is directly involved...is your source like 2 degrees outside of "directly connected" or maybe like 5 degrees outside...

I wanna believe you. Help me out here! I'll never ask for a source to be revealed. And if somthing major happens (even though we're all hoping anyway) you'll have a lil credibility 4 sure...1 degree of seperation??????

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    There's better ways to go about this, you know, ways that won't rile up our fans and posters. Thanks for doing that by the way!

as much as i love the possibility of us grabbing a good free agent, these little winks and soft hints are making me want to rip my hair out..i guess ill just have to deal with it

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    I can think of one big name sharp shooter who's now a FA. I'm thinking he may be the one we go after..

Hall of Famer Contributor
    Is it Peja? Through some cash at him and move D-mase to SG. Thats a play-off team right there.

My head is gonna explode.

the list of FA's who are good shooters isnt that long, go do some research using the tools hoopshype has and it will become pretty clear

Dont forget Bower said in that T-P article he was working on 2 big trades, and looking at free agents. I'm pumped!

Hornets fan since 1991 NBALive@TheHive's Avatar
    Maybe No1Hornet has a universal remote to see the future?!?

Honestly, there's a lot of things to be excited about this off-season. If you can't wait that long, find something to do.
    "Yeah Moe that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!"

-Homer Simpson

I'm just guessing but I can see a Marion trade as a real possibility. Possibly a Garnett deal but we would have to unload a lot and I don't see Minny going for it without CP in the deal. Larry Hughes isn't a "shooter" so that nixes that in my mind. Guys like Peja and Harrington are free agents so I don't where these trades are.
    Having good times with my friends on Hornets Report!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chad504boy
    I'm just guessing but I can see a Marion trade as a real possibility. Possibly a Garnett deal but we would have to unload a lot and I don't see Minny going for it without CP in the deal. Larry Hughes isn't a "shooter" so that nixes that in my mind. Guys like Peja and Harrington are free agents so I don't where these trades are.

i was thinking about Marion,Hughes and Maggete

but why would PHX trade Marion after all them trades last night

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets05
    i was thinking about Marion,Hughes and Maggete

but why would PHX trade Marion after all them trades last night

PHX's biggest need is cap space to resign some of their other guys. Desmond's contract expires in a year and can provide a legit 3 for them in the meantime and JR is a young talent they can work with.

With wild speculation on the parts of us that have no idea whats going on -- Kevin Garnett?!?!

Please?!

Doesn't Garnett play PF? We could trade JR, PJ, D-West for Garnett (and whatever needs to be put on either side as filler or whatever). Sure I don't know if thats fair or works under any collective bargaining agreement, but damn!

Can Peja play shooting guard? I know he couldnt guard anyone in that position but desmond can. Or is desmond going to play the two if Peja comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V
    With wild speculation on the parts of us that have no idea whats going on -- Kevin Garnett?!?!

Please?!

Doesn't Garnett play PF? We could trade JR, PJ, D-West for Garnett (and whatever needs to be put on either side as filler or whatever). Sure I don't know if thats fair or works under any collective bargaining agreement, but damn!
    I actually seriously doubt that ... Garnett would be huge, especially with CP at the helm ... but I doubt Minny would go for that.

Besides ... if PJ is really moved, I would want him traded to a contender ... a real contender as in San Antonio, Detroit, Dallas or Phoenix. We owe him that much.

As for the "Don't knock on the Threadstarter" thingy ... sorry guys, but coming in here, having only a handful of posts total and claiming basically "Wooho, I know something but I can't tell" is not the way to go about it. It just riles up the people for nothing. Either tell something substantial or give some real hints, people can speculate and get excited about or, as a wise man once said, shut your pie-hole

TBE

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigEasy
    As for the "Don't knock on the Threadstarter" thingy ... sorry guys, but coming in here, having only a handful of posts total and claiming basically "Wooho, I know something but I can't tell" is not the way to go about it. It just riles up the people for nothing. Either tell something substantial or give some real hints, people can speculate and get excited about or, as a wise man once said, shut your pie-hole

TBE
    I understand TBE. I think the guy is excited and wants the fans to get excited. I know thats how I feel right now. I know he doesn't have a high post count but he's been a member here for a long time. I'm certain he knows what he's talking about. Certain!

Thread Information