Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

Quote Originally Posted by crazed2apoint
    WCH Well thank you for putting the rest of my life on hold once again. Ever since this stuff has been goin on i have been on this site. Now right when i think imma be able to to go do something constructive tomorrow you come out and say ''more to come'' I wish i liked coffee cuz i could sure use it.

I sure am looking forward to what you guys have planned. From all the posts in this thread from people who appear to be in the known, this is just tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by WCH
    Before all you guys start to hug and make up, just know that the Hornets aren't likely done with things yet. Obviously, we have the potential CHI deal coming up. But there could be and should be more stuff to come. Stay tuned...
    No doubt this team still has work to do as far as its roster is concerned. We aren't a serious contender yet. I think there is more to come.

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazed2apoint
    WCH Well thank you for putting the rest of my life on hold once again. Ever since this stuff has been goin on i have been on this site. Now right when i think imma be able to to go do something constructive tomorrow you come out and say ''more to come'' I wish i liked coffee cuz i could sure use it.
    Dude with all of your hair-pulling, you should be bald by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Man in the Arena
    Now, hold on, sweetheart... when was I critical of your posts (disregarding this one, haha)? I don't expect to be added to the "Thank You" list, but go easy there.
    Well it appears that he took anyone who wasn't "in the know" as being critical with him, when all he really created for the average lay person was wild speculation

Anybody help me understand that Early Termination Option on Marc Jackson's contract... Drafting two bigs in Armstrong and Simmons and going after a trade that will bring Chandler and Allen, there's obviously no room for Jackson. Does the player have to accept that termination in order to become a free agent?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    Interesting how all of those that initially launched a full out attack on me, discrediting me, my source, and my information, are either silent or love the move now that it's been reported! In case you haven't noticed, I've been posting a lot more info recently which is also legit and from inside sources. If it’s not I’ll make it clear that it’s my opinion. Otherwise, even if I’m very discreet about it (like my projected roster for next year), you can assume it’s from a 1st Degree source. Take notice, I like to give hints and clues but you'll have to do the work speculating to figure it out. If you don't like this game, then don't play it but I think many do and are happy that they found out what was going to happen before it was reported tonight.

I certainly forgive the following posters and hope that they engage in more civil discourse next time I and others offer something significant. Learn to trust this board--I promise you they're a few others on here that also have direct sources and/or significant information from the inside who CHOOSE to NOT post what they know due to the immediate cynicism and criticism they would receive. Let's embrace them, not make a villain out of them!

Will the cynics/critics please stand up?

NolaHornets23--Definitely the Chairman of this distinguished list!
    WeatherNLU
    Stickman125
    Chad504Boy
    Gustopher
    Saints Fan in A
    Liltiger
    Man In the Arena
    Shrimpnose
    TwoHeadedBoy
    The Judge
    NolaHornet
    Mike V
    TheBigEasy
    Imnos 2
    Picknroll
    FireBirdLS1>You

Also thank you to following members for embracing me as a new contributor to the board and understanding that my information was legit from the beginning.

Defuz
    Harvey Hornet
    GrandAdmiral
    WCH
    Im in the same boat as Man in the Arena. All i said was that u shouldn't start a thread saying we r going to have a major offseason, if u dont at least give us a hint about who it is we are getting.
    RIP Coach Robinson, Brandon Spincer, and Marquise Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral
    Dude with all of your hair-pulling, you should be bald by now.
    Put it like this, Before this news started popping up i had Braids. And when my hair was out of braids it killed Ben Wallace's hair. Now i have no hair except for the one grey hair from stress, that is in the middle of my head like alfafa. But im still sexy, and i will survive, so let the great news keep coming

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by picknroll
    Im in the same boat as Man in the Arena. All i said was that u shouldn't start a thread saying we r going to have a major offseason, if u dont at least give us a hint about who it is we are getting.
    So you don't think if word would get out on exactly what the team was trying to do, that it could end up hurting the team? I'm glad he didn't say exactly what was happening; it could end up screwing up the whole deal if word gets out to other NBA teams. It could also cause someone to lose their job, from leaking team info.

Quote Originally Posted by GREEK HORNET
    Anybody help me understand that Early Termination Option on Marc Jackson's contract... Drafting two bigs in Armstrong and Simmons and going after a trade that will bring Chandler and Allen, there's obviously no room for Jackson. Does the player have to accept that termination in order to become a free agent?

Early Termination is a player's only clause that only the player can use. It gives the player the right to terminate the contract early.

As opposed to a player option which gives the players the right to extend a contract.
    Chad Shinn's Drinking Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonTigers1906
    Early Termination is a player's only clause that only the player can use. It gives the player the right to terminate the contract early.

As opposed to a player option which gives the players the right to extend a contract.

THANX!!
    And another thing.. I heard several teams in Greece and in Spain may be interested in Mache. Is there any possible way to get rid off his contract or either way it will count against our cap?

Rookie
    New Orleans (Currently in Jacksonville, FL)
    Quote Originally Posted by No1Hornet
    Interesting how all of those that initially launched a full out attack on me, discrediting me, my source, and my information, are either silent or love the move now that it's been reported! In case you haven't noticed, I've been posting a lot more info recently which is also legit and from inside sources. If it’s not I’ll make it clear that it’s my opinion. Otherwise, even if I’m very discreet about it (like my projected roster for next year), you can assume it’s from a 1st Degree source. Take notice, I like to give hints and clues but you'll have to do the work speculating to figure it out.
    I didn't post anything in the past few days negative or positive, but on an anonymous message board, nobody who reads this knows you from Joe Blow on the streets. Anybody can come on here and say they have a source and be completely fabricating it. I NEVER take seriously anybody who posts that they have an "inside" source. I have noticed that if they are right, they're back on board bragging about "I toldja so!" but if they're wrong, they fade into oblivion and are never heard from again.

You turned out to be right about the major free agent signing, but I still don't know if you really have an inside source or if that was just a coincidence. I have noticed that most of the time (on ANY team's message boards) the people with "inside" sources are way off base, so I don't pay any attention to it. It's just the nature of anonymous message boards.

If people are still doubting about the sources the guy has i dont even know what to say. Yall must want him to call 3 and a half weeks in advance the comebacks of Elvis and 2pac or somethin to prove to yall he knows what he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Nole
    You turned out to be right about the major free agent signing, but I still don't know if you really have an inside source or if that was just a coincidence.
    You must be kidding!

seriously, we'd be no where without No1Hornet

The Franchise
    no1hornet i believed you from the start!!!

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    I didn't post anything in the past few days negative or positive, but on an anonymous message board, nobody who reads this knows you from Joe Blow on the streets. Anybody can come on here and say they have a source and be completely fabricating it. I NEVER take seriously anybody who posts that they have an "inside" source. I have noticed that if they are right, they're back on board bragging about "I toldja so!" but if they're wrong, they fade into oblivion and are never heard from again.

You turned out to be right about the major free agent signing, but I still don't know if you really have an inside source or if that was just a coincidence. I have noticed that most of the time (on ANY team's message boards) the people with "inside" sources are way off base, so I don't pay any attention to it. It's just the nature of anonymous message boards.
    Wow.

Peja for 3!!!!! Bottom!
    Quote Originally Posted by picknroll
    That is why it is called an "inside source", you don't reveal that source, and if you do you won't get anymore information!!

+1

Anyone who's spent any time on a message board has seen the "inside source" before, and more times than not, it mounts to a bunch of speculation. Why would I consider it anything else, especially when there weren't any names attached to the original post. But, it's whatever...

Wow, we still have disbelievers out there, huh? Wasn't enough to have NO1, HH, and myself throwing info out there, huh? Ha. Funny.

Unbelieveable......For those that have been around here for any length of time, they'll realize that Harv's 'speculative guesses' are a little more than guesses and wild stabs. Seems he's been right on now for about, oh, 73 straight times....or maybe that's 73 lucky guesses in a rwo.

As for No1, he's dead on the money.....100%. We've been talking about the PJ/JR & TC/MA trade for days now before anyone came up with that, but I AM sure we'll see some ajustments to what was originally proposed or reported. The two (?) teams had to iron out the small differences here and there, but make no mistake.....it will go down. Not if, but when.

But if not, maybe some others hereabouts have better 'guesses' than our 'inside sources'. If so, please feel free to post them as we'd love to bask in your brilliance and there are a ton of fans from all over the country who would agree.

Let's also give it up to TB, our resident capologist who quickly ascertained that it would be difficult for us to re-sign Butler and even Speedy. Speedy is now gone, and it is almost a certainty that Butler will not be re-signed by the Hornets due to cap implications.

Look, we have experts and "insiders" in different areas here, all of whom make this the best damned Hornets board on the net. Let's show some love already. Thanks.

One other note, this is a board run by 4 guys from NOLA with the help of a number of moderators, all of whom are from NOLA or hold the city dear to them. Combine this with the membership here, and you see the result.

That said, this is a non-profit site. It's a hobby for us owners. If you like what you see, we do accept donations, but we don't require people to pay for any of the information and entertainment obtained here.

Thanks for allowing me this shameless plug (seemed like as good a time as any).

You're right there WCH, whichever way you look, there are qualified experts and 'inside sources' you won't find elsewhere. Thanks to them this board pulses with new news, not ESPN news....

.....or hold the city dear to them

Thanks.......

And just in case you haven't heard it already.....
    Let's also give it up to TB, our resident capologist who quickly ascertained that it would be difficult for us to re-sign Butler and even Speedy. Speedy is now gone, and it is almost a certainty that Butler will not be re-signed by the Hornets due to cap implications.

Look, we have experts and "insiders" in different areas here, all of whom make this the best damned Hornets board on the net. Let's show some love already. Thanks.

One other note, this is a board run by 4 guys from NOLA with the help of a number of moderators, all of whom are from NOLA or hold the city dear to them. Combine this with the membership here, and you see the result.

That said, this is a non-profit site. It's a hobby for us owners. If you like what you see, we do accept donations, but we don't require people to pay for any of the information and entertainment obtained here.

Thanks for allowing me this shameless plug (seemed like as good a time as any).

I know this will sound like I don't believe No1_hornet either ... but NOLA_nole is not that far off. After all this IS an anonymus internet message board.

Yes, No1_hornet was spot on about all those moves and I do believe he has an inside source or is working for the league or whatever. But you have to admit that there is a huge difference between HH's 'hunches' which proved to be right time and again and which came from a known and very active member of the community ... and some supposed inside info from a guy nobody knows and who (albeit being a long time member) never posted. I still maintain what I said earlier ... coming here with this post (as in the original post in this thread) and actually thinking people will take you seriously in an instant is a little unrealistic .

Thread Information