Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: INSIDE SOURCE: Hornets are about to make some MAJOR PLAYER MOVES

I just read some quotes from Rashard about how he wants to sign a new long term contract with Seattle and play his whole career there.

He must have heard these rumors

The FA is obviously Peja -- can't believe I didn't think of him in earlier post. But he just turned 29. He's already played 9 years in the league, and he's had some injury issues. (Foot problems scare me.) Maxing him out for 5 years would be somewhat risky and leave you with few options to make big changes without losing other key parts. On the other hand, if healthy he's a perfect fit. Great shooter, great attitude, underrated defender, thrives in Princeton offense. Paul/Peja/West/Speedy with some long shot shotblocking rebounding bigs and athletic wings could become a contending combination.

Would there be a need to trade PJ then?

A trade involving PJ and JR and/or Dez, would probably be about another team trying to free up cap space. Unless Seattle thinks its going to lose Lewis -- who has a "reasonable" contract -- why trade him for PJ, etc? He's their second best player. Why get rid of him? (And why trade for him if you want to sign Peja?)

Other teams trying to save some money down the line:

NEW YORK -- Crawford anyone? Howbout Lee too? Francis as a 2?? No to Q-Rich. But would you have the heart to trade PJ there? I wouldn't.

Phoenix -- MARION? -- thats the guy all the rumors revolve around? But it doesn't seem like enough to give uo without adding picks. Pre-Nash/D'Antoni, Marion was average. But the Hornets have their own Nashesque playmaker, and perhaps Nash and West could coexist at the 3-4 positions?

Portland is trying to dump Zach Randolph -- NOOOO!!

Denver wants to dump Kenyon -- doesn't fit with West.

Minnesota may want to get rid of Ricky Davis -- no 'tudes please.

Wally - No thanks.

Golden State -- Troy Murphy is expendable, but redundant here. I wouldn't mind if they added Pietrus. Sending PJ to play with BDoodie? Ouch.

Dallas dumping Marquis Daniels? I'm listening, but I'm not convinced he's the answer. He's still unproven in my book, and seems to operate best with the ball in his hands. (I like Mbenga their RFA)

If Peja is the FA, and PJ is part of it, then wouldn't you think the deal brings back another big man? Getting a guard without a big man would leave them quite thin on the inside.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    I don't think PJ and the FA will be part of the same deal.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Jermaine O'Neal? I've heard he's on the block. He's def. a big that is a perenial all-star and would make us deadly. Do we have enough to get him? Not so sure. Don't think PJ/JR and even Dez would do it. Unless they really want to get rid of him which I don't know why they would..

There's no need for PJ to be involved with signing a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad504boy
    Whether this is it or not, i'm just throwing it out there, I think its a good deal.... PJ and Desmond for Rashard and Collison... trade is successful on realgm
    Interesting....

or not

Quote Originally Posted by WCH
    I'll name the names of those involved if you guys send me MONEY!
    check's in the mail WHC it's down payment...what'dya got?

The Franchise
    wouldnt it be awesome if we got bonzi wells and richard jefferson or lewis

i think one of the trades has k-mart in it!i wish we trad marc jackson,arvydas,snyder and i guess a future 1st for him

pssss think Hedo Turkoglu and maybe Brendan Haywood

we could only wish for a roster like that

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andersen12
    i think one of the trades has k-mart in it!i wish we trad marc jackson,arvydas,snyder and i guess a future 1st for him

What!?!?! K-Mart is not that good and very overpaid.. If we trade for him that would suck.

K-Mart? No thanks. Don't think they're that dopey after drafting Simmons & Armstrong

The Franchise
    maybe turkoglu and al harrington just throwing a couple of names out there,

Quote Originally Posted by andersen12
    Why would anyone want that attitude and that contract?

The Franchise
    agreed and i dont see it happening after our draft.

Peja for 3!!!!! Bottom!
    No BLue Light Special!!!!
    Even though he has ties to Scott, I think he is way over rated. Would much rather Richard Jefferson.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    A lot could happen over the next couple of weeks, but right now, look to Indiana and Chicago.

We'll be back!!!
    Are you all just saying these things to get our minds off of the NO vs. OKC things. I just can't picture Shinn spending all this cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzster
    Are you all just saying these things to get our minds off of the NO vs. OKC things.
    nope, we don't play those games

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Fred Jones? Peja? Stephen Jackson is supposed to be on the block over there too?

Someone just declared their availability....I wonder if we'll sieze that opportunity?

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzster
    Are you all just saying these things to get our minds off of the NO vs. OKC things. I just can't picture Shinn spending all this cash.
    Shinn needs to bring a competitive team back to New Orleans. A team that will generate interest in a year where they will be away again is the right way to approach it. If the Hornets had another sub .500 season in OKC and only had CP, DX and role players to bring home, it might be a tough sell. If you bring home a playoff team with Chandler, Peja, CP, DX, etc., it will generate a lot more interest (in tickets, sponsorships, potential investors, etc.).

Louisiana True    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Shinn needs to bring a competitive team back to New Orleans. A team that will generate interest in a year where they will be away again is the right way to approach it. If the Hornets had another sub .500 season in OKC and only had CP, DX and role players to bring home, it might be a tough sell. If you bring home a playoff team with Chandler, Peja, CP, DX, etc., it will generate a lot more interest (in tickets, sponsorships, potential investors, etc.).
    When the team returns in 2007, he'll have one more season ticket holder in me.
    "The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming..." - TR, 1910

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    I failed to mention that bringing home a good team could also help deflect some of the criticism thats been directed towards him and the organization. Good team + local ownership and George and Mott's behavior during this fiasco is suddenly not on the front burner. Know what I mean?

All I'll say is this. I feel better about things now.

Thread Information