.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

  1. #1

    Rant New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    all in favor say I!!!!!!

  2. #2
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    NAY.

    You must have a one track mind.

    Get a new thought and try to discuss something constructive.

    You lost this argument in 2 other threads last night.

    Starting a third won't help.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Harvey, I forgot the smilies to punctuate this.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-15-2002 at 10:09 AM.

  3. #3
    In Time Out Harvey Hornet-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    Posts
    11,380

    Re: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    Originally posted by southdownus
    all in favor say I!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    Posts
    692

    Re: Re: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    Agreed!!!


    LSU Fans, Check out our LSU Site, BAYOUBENGALS.COM , Sister site of SR and NOH.

  5. #5
    All-Star Ellis Hugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    276
    Don't like it.

    Sorry, keep trying.


    YOU GOTTA SAY IT OUT LOUD - "ELLIS HUGH! ELLIS HUGH! ELLIS HUGH! TIGERS!"

  6. #6

    Re: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    Originally posted by southdownus
    all in favor say I!!!!!!


  7. #7
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,865

    Re: Re: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    I agree 100%!

    Isn't being rejected on 4 different posts enough? Give it a break. Geez.

  8. #8
    All-Star bayoubengal44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Prairieville, LA
    Posts
    91

    Re: New Orleans Neonights Rule!!!!!!

    Originally posted by southdownus
    all in favor say I!!!!!!
    That name sounds terrible

    It's either we get the Jazz name back or remain the Hornets.
    Geaux LSU Tigers, New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Pelicans, Oakland Athletics!

  9. #9
    Sounds like "Neophytes". No thanks I'll stick with Hornets. We just need to jazz it up and change the colors.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    Sounds like "Neophytes". No thanks I'll stick with Hornets. We just need to jazz it up and change the colors.
    o.k. say it sounds like neophytes,so what?definition:a recent convert of beliefs.i think thats the problem here.no one here wants to convert beliefs,identity,or anything!very dry approach.

  11. #11
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by southdownus

    i think thats the problem here.no one here wants to convert beliefs,identity,or anything!very dry approach.
    Good, you caught on. Now give it up.

  12. #12
    Originally posted by southdownus

    o.k. say it sounds like neophytes,so what?definition:a recent convert of beliefs.i think thats the problem here.no one here wants to convert beliefs,identity,or anything!very dry approach.
    You've probably spent all 14 of your posts trying to get your point across, but still to no avail.

    I appreciate your creativity, but no. This will never happen. They will call themselves the Saints before they pick up that name.

    Give it a rest...

  13. #13
    I am open to change. I would like the name changed to the "Jazz". But realistically this will not happen and since Hornets is a perfectly good name we should stick with it unless Charlotte wants it back. In which case we will worry about that when it happens. I think we will have at least a couple of years before anything will change as far as name if at all. I have heard of some good name possibilties here, but nothing that sounds as good as the Jazz or even the Hornets IMO.

  14. #14
    Originally posted by say-what
    NAY.

    You must have a one track mind.

    Get a new thought and try to discuss something constructive.

    You lost this argument in 2 other threads last night.

    Starting a third won't help.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Harvey, I forgot the smilies to punctuate this.
    is there like 3 people on this site?hardly the grounds to support your opinion.i'm willing to go as far to say the only reason for all the objection is because the name hornets belonged to charlotte
    and we all know what lenghts we would go to spite them.

  15. #15
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by southdownus

    i'm willing to go as far to say the only reason for all the objection is because the name hornets belonged to charlotte
    and we all know what lenghts we would go to spite them.
    Not at all. This has never been about New Orleans vs. Charlotte from our perspective. It has always been about what New Orleans has to do to land an NBA team, regardless of what goes on anywhere else.

    The NBA and team owners have already said the name is coming with the team. Hornets is a perfectly fine and established name. The only name that would create any uprising in New Orleans for a change is the Jazz.

    For all we cared, the NBA could have told the team to leave the team name and colors, then we would have to choose a new name. But since the team comes with a name and we have been refering to them as the New Orleans Hornets since the relocation was announced, we have grown used to the name and accept it as ours. No need to fix something that is not broken (so to speak). Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing (remember New Coke ).

  16. #16
    Originally posted by southdownus

    is there like 3 people on this site?hardly the grounds to support your opinion.i'm willing to go as far to say the only reason for all the objection is because the name hornets belonged to charlotte
    and we all know what lenghts we would go to spite them.
    It would be a nice gesture to give the Hornet's name back to Charlotte if they request it. After all had Utah given the Jazz name back to us long ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. I'm sure given time we could come up with a better name than "neonights". I think if you asked 10 people about liking that name 8 or 9 would laugh at you.

  17. #17
    momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    25,824
    The more I read your posts, the more you sound like a guy/girl that posts over at cht.com. No one here cares about this, most all of us have been following the move very closely (not just the deal, owners, etc.; but if and when name/colors/uniforms/logo could be changed). It could be argued that the most fun aspect of getting a team is choosing colors/uniform/logo/ but this is becoming an exercise in stupidity. I have yet to read one positive post regarding the name neo-nights, even from CHT people. Do yourself a favor, find that website called basketballlogo.com or logoserver.com (just do a simple search for some old basketball team; etc. Pitt Pipers, NO Bucs, MEM Tams, CHT Cougers) and you can spend the next 5 years going over good and bad colors/nicknames/logos designs; and maybe then you will understand why so many people hate the name. It is nothing against you personally, but you keep dragging this on and on (which makes me think you might be someone from CHT looking to upset people).

  18. #18
    Originally posted by CC_Hornet

    It would be a nice gesture to give the Hornet's name back to Charlotte if they request it. After all had Utah given the Jazz name back to us long ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. I'm sure given time we could come up with a better name than "neonights". I think if you asked 10 people about liking that name 8 or 9 would laugh at you.
    why would they?especially since names exist like supersonics,knickerbockers,wizards,etc.my point is not everyone will agree with a particular name AT FIRST.but giving time,even a name like the saints grow on them.

  19. #19
    Originally posted by southdownus
    but giving time,even a name like the saints grow on them.
    Yeah like that bump on my arse.

  20. #20
    In Time Out Harvey Hornet-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    Posts
    11,380
    Originally posted by southdownus

    why would they?especially since names exist like supersonics,knickerbockers,wizards,etc.my point is not everyone will agree with a particular name AT FIRST.but giving time,even a name like the saints grow on them.
    I have been trying to be nice, but the name sucks. Are you trying to flame the board with stupidity, or are you just this way? Move on to something else. This thread was done the minute you put the first post on it. It sucked from the first word. Enough already with this foolishness.

  21. #21
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by southdownus

    why would they?especially since names exist like supersonics,knickerbockers,wizards,etc.my point is not everyone will agree with a particular name AT FIRST.but giving time,even a name like the saints grow on them.
    Good, so given time even a name like New Orleans Hornets will grow on you.

    Give it up. I don't see a groundswell of support on this board for your cause.

    You are beginning to become a nusance like a certain former board member from Charlotte that incessantly posted the same thing over and over again on his threads.

    Does Zone Buster ring a bell with anyone?

  22. #22
    Originally posted by nyknicksfan
    The more I read your posts, the more you sound like a guy/girl that posts over at cht.com. No one here cares about this, most all of us have been following the move very closely (not just the deal, owners, etc.; but if and when name/colors/uniforms/logo could be changed). It could be argued that the most fun aspect of getting a team is choosing colors/uniform/logo/ but this is becoming an exercise in stupidity. I have yet to read one positive post regarding the name neo-nights, even from CHT people. Do yourself a favor, find that website called basketballlogo.com or logoserver.com (just do a simple search for some old basketball team; etc. Pitt Pipers, NO Bucs, MEM Tams, CHT Cougers) and you can spend the next 5 years going over good and bad colors/nicknames/logos designs; and maybe then you will understand why so many people hate the name. It is nothing against you personally, but you keep dragging this on and on (which makes me think you might be someone from CHT looking to upset people).
    if you hate the name so much then why tout names like knickerbocker?your a knick fan right?if you can't find something crappy about that name,then your in denial!matter of fact neonights sounds alot more modern and means more than a pair of pants.o.k.n.y. migrants were called knickerbockers.sorry but i think the overwhelming consensus associates the name with a pair of pants.wow,how intimidating.and like i said before,all those names you stated for me to search, all sound like minor league names.and to be minor league sounding it has to be a common name.neonights is anything but common.it screams originality!

  23. #23
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    21,865
    southdownus - Give it a break! You tried and maybe you really like the name (I doubt that though). However, NO ONE here agrees with you, yet you post it a dozen times. Now you take to insulting everyone who does not agree with you. Move on to another subject or take your arguement elsewhere please.

  24. #24
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by southdownus
    neonights is anything but common.it screams originality!
    NO, IT SCREAMS

  25. #25
    Southdownus are you even from the New Orleans area? When posters don't put their location that usually is a tipoff that they are not from here. Knickerbockers has a long tradition whether you like the name or not it is been in the league for years and sounds fine to me. It has tradition. You are right, "neonights" is original. We would be the first and last to use it. Wonder why?
    Last edited by CC_Hornet-x; 05-15-2002 at 04:47 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •