Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: which name sounds better?

Originally posted by southdownus

hey westbanker,who you calling ignorant?i bet giving the chance to name the team you would come out with the sissiest name to emerge from the sports world!just look at your username.ha!
    You know, they have a shift key so you can capitalize the first word in each sentence and a space bar so you don't just run into the next sentence after typing the ending punctuation.

Go take your LEAP test again and come back when you pass.

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

Stop acting like a little child! Almost anything is better than that. However, if you do not remember the Night, you either are a child or have not been in the area long (or at all).
    If you ask me, he's not that much into sports at all. If anyone into sports would remember, the AFL's N.O. Nights came long after the USFL's NO Breakers went away.

They were here in 1991-92. So, either you are less than 10 years old or not from around here.
    or maybe the team was so insignificant that it just slipped through the cracks.c'mon man,you know the majority of locals
    totally overlooked that team.you are probably 1 out of 5 people who acknowledged it.

hey westbanker,who you calling ignorant?
    You. And its just not me. I would say the Westbank thinks you are ignorant as well as the East Bank, Houma, Slidell, the West Coast, New York, shall I go on...???

Hall of Famer
    I think y'all are getting a little too worked up over this. You don't have to make nice or anything, but it is hardly worth Aldridge/Robarchek/Moore-level intensity. Actually, I proposed "Knights" as a name a little while back. People seemed to think it was better than "the Damned," another one of my (less serious) ideas.

As for Neonights, well, I don't think it will fly. Then, I didn't care for Thunder, either. Mind you, I think Thunder is better than Neonights, but neither one strikes my fancy. Alright, Thunder is a lot better than Neonights, but at least the lad is trying.

btw- Harvey, you could just take the Huey. southdown, could you let me know if you are going to take Harvey's advice so I can plan accordingly? Thanks in advance.

or maybe the team was so insignificant that it just slipped through the cracks.c'mon man,you know the majority of locals
    totally overlooked that team.you are probably 1 out of 5 people who acknowledged it.
    No the local media covered them like the Saints back then. You would have to have lived in a nutria hole to miss it.

Oh, that's it. You were raised by nutria. That explains a lot.

Rookie

neonights

southdownus - please just give it up on this ridiculous NEONIGHTS name. i've never seen such tenacious adherence to such a horrible idea.
    get the message and realize how freakin' bad that name is.

Originally posted by Westbank Hornet
    I think y'all are getting a little too worked up over this. You don't have to make nice or anything, but it is hardly worth Aldridge/Robarchek/Moore-level intensity.
    Don't worry. We're just toying with him while preparing to leave for the watch party. He will eventually go the way of all annoying board members - anyone remeber that alleged radio personality from Charlotte who has disappeared?

Actually, I proposed "Knights" as a name a little while back. People seemed to think it was better than "the Damned," another one of my (less serious) ideas.
    What you talkin' 'bout Willis?
    Sure when you have to choose between "Knights" and "the Damned", you choose the one that sucks less.

As for Neonights, well, I don't think it will fly.
    Okay, you've come back to your senses now.

Then, I didn't care for Thunder, either.
    Oh no, we've lost you again. Man, Harvey is going to take you apart tonight at Lagers like you were Packer facing him on celebrity boxing.

Mind you, I think Thunder is better than Neonights, but neither one strikes my fancy. Alright, Thunder is a lot better than Neonights, but at least the lad is trying.
    Okay, you're back with us again. But you don't have to kiss Harvey's a** that much. Just tell him his suggestion for a name doesn't make you

btw- Harvey, you could just take the Huey. southdown, could you let me know if you are going to take Harvey's advice so I can plan accordingly? Thanks in advance.
    I don't think you have to worry about southdownus taking Harvey's advice right now. They don't normally let the institutionalized mentally challenged out on their own.

I would rather a cool nick name instead of a original one. Who says we need something original or that we have to force a name that has to do with our city. You want to know which sounds better -- New Orleans Hornets
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Your New Orleans Hornets

...we get to go McDonalds
    The Night had a huge marketing campaign. I'm one of the youngest here and was like 7 or 8 when they played. I remember being at the wholesale liquor store and I remember they even had a beer named Night specifically because of the team. Am I being delusional? Keep in mind, I was young so there's no way I can remember if I'm imagining things....but they did have their own beer right?

Originally posted by St. Rock

You are a strange, strange little man.

I can safely say that Neonights is the worst name I have ever heard.
    thats all you got ?your about as uninspiring of a poster that i have
    ever encountered!you have as much creativity as a doorknob.and who you calling strange?i can outgun you on any topic.as for the name,try as you will to beat it.it can't be beat.untill then go hide behind your posts.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Guys....New Orleans Gunners

New Orleans Gunners
    New Orleans Gunners
    New Orleans Gunners

Baron Davis of the New Orleans Gunners. Hey, I like it and no one in America has that name.

P.S. I think it'd be pretty damn funny if an NBA team named themselves something like the "New Orleans Touchdown"

I did go to almost all of their games. I find it hard to believe that a local sports fan would not even know they existed though.

thats all you got ?your about as uninspiring of a poster that i have
    ever encountered!you have as much creativity as a doorknob.and who you calling strange?i can outgun you on any topic.as for the name,try as you will to beat it.it can't be beat.untill then go hide behind your posts.
    Man, what is your obsession with this stupid name of yours.

We don't like it. We like NEW ORLEANS HORNETS. So why do you expect us to come up with other suggestions?

I also think we found your problem:
    beat it.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-15-2002 at 06:15 PM.

Originally posted by say-what
    Man, what is your obsession with this stupid name of yours.

We don't like it. We like NEW ORLEANS HORNETS. So why do you expect us to come up with other suggestions.

cuz quite simply the "hornets" name does'nt belong here.it's people like you that create unheard of associations like l.a.lakers,
    utah jazz,and now n.o. hornets. there are plenty of other options,
    so why go biting other team names?it's like be an innovator not an imitater.

there are plenty of other options,
    so why go biting other team names?it's like be an innovator not an imitater.
    Like I said before, change simply for the sake of change is not good. Remember NEW COKE!

Long live the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS.

Like I said before, change simply for the sake of change is not good. Remember NEW COKE!

Long live the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS.
    it's not simply for the sake of change.were talking a franchise is relocating from one city to another.from one way of life to another. that constitutes a major overhaul of team name,colors,identity or anything else affiliated with charlotte.
    you are right about the coke thing though.

Stop acting like a little child! Almost anything is better than that. However, if you do not remember the Night, you either are a child or have not been in the area long (or at all).
    sorry,i don't pay much attention to experimental sports.i guess i was part of the overwhelming majority of people who did'nt pay much attention to the XFL.i know YOU had to have bought season tickets.YOUR SO LOYAL!!!

Travis Bickle Contributor cab694's Avatar

sorry,i don't pay much attention to experimental sports.i guess i was part of the overwhelming majority of people who did'nt pay much attention to the XFL.i know YOU had to have bought season tickets.YOUR SO LOYAL!!!
    southwhatever, neonights, well, blows. Sounds like neonazi. New Orleans Hornets will be fine. There are hornets nests in my shed as we speak. Besides, in 1966 there was a TV series called "The Green Hornet". The New Orleans connection is the theme song(The Flight Of THe Bumble Bee), was preformed by our own Al Hirt. On a TRUMPET! Not an easy feat. So HORNETS is the best!

Chairman Of The Bored

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." -cab694

I think that the team should keep the name. I do not think that the Association will let the team's monicre switch to the "Jazz" becuase of a number of marketing reasons.

This guy is enjoying flaming the board. Lets stop responding to him. He knows how stupid that name sounds. I doubt anyone could be ignorant enough to like that name. I really think this guy is from CLT and is sporting over losing the name now that the reality of the team leaving has set in.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 05-15-2002 at 11:04 PM.

Yeah, I can see your loyalty. Your first post here was not until after the team was approved to come here and then, the ONLY thing you post about is some ridiculous name just to stir crap. So you even know the team we are getting, or were they "way before your time?"

We can see you have a short attention span - New Orleans never had an XFL team. I know nobody watched the XFL, but even complete idiots knew it never set foot in New Orleans.

The Night were an AFL (Arena Football League) team.

Gee, some people.

Well for what it's worth - last night we mentioned this STUPID name suggestion at the Lagers watch party to non-board members and those that were able to control their laughter responded with "What, that's stupid."

Originally posted by cab694
    southwhatever, neonights, well, blows. Sounds like neonazi. New Orleans Hornets will be fine. There are hornets nests in my shed as we speak. Besides, in 1966 there was a TV series called "The Green Hornet". The New Orleans connection is the theme song(The Flight Of THe Bumble Bee), was preformed by our own Al Hirt. On a TRUMPET! Not an easy feat. So HORNETS is the best!
    it does'nt sound like neonazi!!!!what are you stereotyping the word "neo"?man,that figures being here in the south.with any given opportunity, somebodys gotta play the race card.it's like a 200 year old cliche.it's worn out man.and what's a hornet?don't say yellowjackets,wasps,bumblebees,or mud divers,cuz thats all i've seen round these parts.if there is a hornets nest in your shed,
    it,s merely a fluke.and by the way,i'm in a band.my guitar player can play "flight of the bumblebee"and i know he can smoke al hirt!

We can see you have a short attention span - New Orleans never had an XFL team. I know nobody watched the XFL, but even complete idiots knew it never set foot in New Orleans.

The Night were an AFL (Arena Football League) team.

Gee, some people.

Well for what it's worth - last night we mentioned this STUPID name suggestion at the Lagers watch party to non-board members and those that were able to control their laughter responded with "What, that's stupid."
    man,i was using the XFL as an example of my disregard of experimental sports. i damn well know n.o. was'nt in that mix.
    you know it's funny,i ask people in person what they think of that name and i get positive responses.then i come here and i hear everything from me being racist to me being a charlottean.
    you know what i think? i think people like to debate,contradict,
    and throw insults just to be on the negative end of things.it's like everyone here is floating down the river in egypt.....in denial.

Thread Information