Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Watch Party Update

Originally posted by Grandadmiral
    Hey Spongey...

How about giving out some points to me and the guys who represented at the watch party last night. Everyone there knows us from the board. We're giving free advertising here.
    Advertising is advertising Let me know who was there and I'll drop a point on you guys. Next time, you get extra points if you take some pics with a digital cam and let me put them on the site

Originally posted by spongey

Advertising is advertising Let me know who was there and I'll drop a point on you guys. Next time, you get extra points if you take some pics with a digital cam and let me put them on the site
    The camera will be there Thursday night. I might even bring a poster.

Last night attendees:

1. Westbank Hornet
    2. CC Hornet
    3. Links Master (aka say-what)
    4. Grandadmiral (of course)

I also need to mention that Ellis Hugh attended the one last Thursday. Does that count or am I pushing it?

Originally posted by NBA_in_N.O.

If I see you on Thursday, can I have your autograph?
    Harvey Hornet is becoming a local celebrity!
    No autographs please. I am not a role model.

Failure is always an option Contributor
    You forgot Jessica, Shoudnt she count as well?BTW I want to see a pic of her as well!!!

Originally posted by BallStalum96
    You forgot Jessica, Shoudnt she count as well?BTW I want to see a pic of her as well!!!
    I don't know. Do Hornets' employees count? I'll do my best to get that picture for you.

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    GrandAdmiral....I hooked you up with a point! Job well done, keep spreading the word.

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Off Topic

Hey!!! I got a point. I can't believe it. I'm catching up with you Harvey...

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    Oops, forgot to hit refresh! GA got a double dip. Man, the boss is going to be all over me for this foul up! Please SpongeRidge, don't fire me!

Originally posted by WeatherNLU
    Oops, forgot to hit refresh! GA got a double dip. Man, the boss is going to be all over me for this foul up! Please SpongeRidge, don't fire me!
    I wasn't complaining...

Originally posted by Grandadmiral

The camera will be there Thursday night. I might even bring a poster.

Last night attendees:

1. Westbank Hornet
    2. CC Hornet
    3. Links Master (aka say-what)
    4. Grandadmiral (of course)

I also need to mention that Ellis Hugh attended the one last Thursday. Does that count or am I pushing it?
    +1 for all!
    BTW, these points aren't useless (hopefully!). Eventually, I do plan on setting up something where you can win Hornets related prizes for points. It'll probably be something like, a person can choose to "cash in" any or all of the points they have for a chance at a particular prize. The more points you have, the more chances you'll have to win provided you "spend" those points on a chance to win whatever prize that is. That's still a little ways off though as we'll have to have a sponsor for those prizes.

I'm also thinking of other ways to give away points. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome. ... I'll go ahead and start another thread on this so you can reply there if you have an idea or suggestion.

Originally posted by WeatherNLU
    LOL, I recti-mi-fied the situation

We'll have to throw our own parade for Harvey then
    :godance: :godance:
    Wooo, Hoooo.....joining this parade

+1 for all!
    BTW, these points aren't arbitrary (hopefully!). Eventually, I do plan on setting up something where you can win Hornets related prizes for points. It'll probably be something like, a person can choose to "cash in" any or all of the points they have for a chance at a particular prize. The more points you have, the more chances you'll have to win provided you "spend" those points on a chance to win whatever prize that is. That's still a little ways off though as we'll have to have a sponsor for those prizes.

I'm also thinking of other ways to give away points. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome. ... I'll go ahead and start another thread on this so you can reply there if you have an idea or suggestion.
    Thanks Spongey/SpongeRidge/SpongeBobSquarePants, you are too good to us.

+1 for all!
    Oh, wow. I got a point and got to meet jessicad.....what a night.

Spongey, no matter what anyone says......we luv ya man...just not like or as much as we luv jessicad.

Sorry, but she gave us free stuff....wow I guess that means the Revoluccion has formed an alliance with ShinnRidge - watch out for our major coup now, you have no idea who you are dealing with. Remember, you were warned. LOL

But seriously, thanks Spongey. Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-08-2002 at 03:40 PM.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

No autographs please. I am not a role model.
    Just because you can post on a message board, doesn't mean that you should raise my kids, right?

Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by say-what
    Wooo, Hoooo.....joining this parade
    Now thats a parade for you Harvey, Are one of those dogs you? .

LSU Fans, Check out our LSU Site, BAYOUBENGALS.COM , Sister site of SR and NOH.

Originally posted by Whodat32

Now thats a parade for you Harvey, Are one of those dogs you? .
    If King Rex only know what it felt like. All I need now is for the mayor to toast me!!!

Hall of Famer
    The party was fun. It was great to meet Grandadmiral, CC and Say-What. I will back up the reports on Jessica. Here's an inventory of my Hornets stuff:

Hats (2), one dark purple reading Hornets Playoffs 2002 on the front; one tan with Hugeaux pin, reading Hornets on the brim with Hugeaux and 1988 on the front;

Pen (1), black ink, purple barrel with "Get Buzzin'" imprint;

Pin (1), gold-colored basketball with teal "Hornets" embossed;

Ball (1), clear bouncing, "Get Buzzin'" imprint, red-lights inside flash when bouncing;

T-Shirt (1), "Get Buzzin'" in purple on right front, multi-color "Get Buzzin'" and Hugeaux Hornet artwork on back.

Bumper sticker (1), "Get Buzzin'" and multi-color Hugeaux Hornet artwork.

Who is going tomorrow?

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN
    Who is going tomorrow?
    Leaving the office early to get there for 6. Just make sure Hwy 90 and I-310 & I-10 are unobstructed between Houma and Metairie.

Who is going tomorrow?
    Harvey Hornet in da house!!!! I should also be there for about 6pm.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

Harvey Hornet in da house!!!! I should also be there for about 6pm.
    My status has been downgraded to "out". Drink some cold ones for me. And say hi to Jessicad for me.

Who is going tomorrow?
    I will definitely be there. i'm bringing the digital camera to take some pics of us having fun (and Jessica too). You all bring signs if you want. I get off at six so I'll be there no later than 6:30. I work right on Causeway in the First Bank Center.

Thursday night attendance at Lagers. Harv, Westbank Hornet, Proud New Orleans, Say What, Hornets Fan and the Grand Admiral. Had a great time. I tricked Say What out of his quarter. I am now the richest man in New Orleans. I paid in the long run though. They made sure Harvey was the only one not to win Hornet schlock (In the end they realized who they were dealing with and Harvey got a hat, shirt and a couple of Hornets pins). Seriously, it was great meeting you guys. The rest of you need to try and make one. It is a good time. Tomorrow is the big day. Be proud New Orleans.

ps. SpongeRidge beware. The Klowns are coming together. Can the two headed monster SpongeRidge survive the revoluccion of the Klowns!!!!!????

Man, another great night.

Good to see Grandadmiral and West Bank Hornet again and to meet HORNETSFAN, ProudNewOrleans and yes, the one...the only....Harvey Hornet.

And I must not forget jessicad.

Great time had by all.

Looking forward to tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet, start a thread so we can check in and get together to celebrate the Hornets coming to NOLA tomorrow after work.

Thread Information