Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Shinn puts foot in mouth again (Times Picayune Story)

Hornets' Favorite Angel! SerraAngelOKC's Avatar
    I mentioned the flooding. Back in 97 a couple levees broke up in Yolo County (North of Sac) and the houses there were flooded to the roofs, and these were two story farm houses. I remember when one of the news channels out there had a helicoptor pilot rescue a dog from the roof because the owners were MIA. Heartwarming story.

I also remember when the Folsom Dam had a gate break open. That was scary enough because the next dam down river (Nimbus Dam in Fair Oaks) was at the point of overflowing. hell you can still see the water line on the hills there at Nimbus.

I'm just saying that an earthwauke has not occured in Sac and probaly won't "feel" an earthquake, but the mention of the Delta, if a quake like the one in 89 hits the SF Bay Area again, Yea I bet the Delta would weaken.

And everyone said California will fall off of the face of the Earth. Maybe in a thousand years, but I hope not.

My point was that natural disasters are a part of life ANYWHERE one chooses to live.

My family and I evacuated to Houston during Hurricane Katrina and we though "Hey, we're safe here." Then here came Hurricane Rita and we watched Houstonians pile into their cars and create the biggest traffic jam in history as they ran from that storm. Their fear? The natural floodplains in the city due to the bayous upon which Houston was built.

Does that mean Houston is not safe?

Using natural disasters as an excuse to be cautious in your business dealings is foolish. You cannot predict the future and you can't say when there'll be another Great Chicago Fire or super nor'easter that dumps 20 feet of snow on Boston. Should we forget those 2 cities and force those folks to leave?

If George Shinn and David Stern want to hedge their bets in case another Katrina comes up and finishes New Orleans, then they're being the biggest pair of cowards in history.

Like I said before guys...........I am so sorry what has happened and that the owner of your franchise is a hypocritical, gutless, heartless coward.

I wish I knew more inside info but im hell and gone away from NOLA here in CT......I guess I could tell everyone here that has an ear what scum Shinn and the NBA has treated NOLA outside of the Saints situation and the Governments(FEMA, Bush so on) absolute blunder to FUBAR proportions in handling post Katrina situations......this is the darkest day for me as a long time Hornets fan................

............but im a firm believer in Karma.........so Shinn beware.....money cant buy your way out of this one nor deflect storm heading YOUR way.
    CP3, Armstrong, DX, C-Simm...I have faith in the future!

George Shinn is a bold-faced liar. The people in North Carolina had him figured out, the people in New Orleans are figuring him out and Oklahoma people will get their turn when the excitment of getting an NBA team wears off. It's hard to get behind a team, or a league for that matter when you witness this kind of BS. If he wants to move his team, that his business, but enough with all the lying and two-face comments and actions. I really wanted to get behind this team, but now I feel he should just take his team and both of his faces, and move to Oklahoma. Sure it will hurt, but we will survive. BEE-LEAVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by CT Hornet
    ............but im a firm believer in Karma.........so Shinn beware.....money cant buy your way out of this one nor deflect storm heading YOUR way.
    Is he paying for messing with Charlotte right now? Has THAT Karma now come to bite him in the behind?

How did we get stuck w/ the 2 absolute worse owners in sports. That is messed up.
    Right-on to the real, Death to the fakers

Quote Originally Posted by brahdude
    How did we get stuck w/ the 2 absolute worse owners in sports. That is messed up.
    Makes you wonder.....

I think there's something to the commitment theory, that he can't for any great period of time, burning his bridges and running to the next city/wife/career etc etc. We're just city #2, wondering if councelling is going to save the marriage or if the end's inevitable. Other than buy tickets, scream your head off at games and offer whatever support you can to them, all we can do is watch from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    Is he paying for messing with Charlotte right now? Has THAT Karma now come to bite him in the behind?
    This is true, Its just that this is the second time of him pulling stunts like this but this time he messed with one city too many...........its mostly venting from me and the sad truth of this world is s**t-heads like him get away like sand through your fingers..........im just saying and believe that what you do now comes back to you ten-fold and usually in ways that do hurt you regardless if its financial, emotional or physical.........he claims to love God and all but how could God approve of actions like his which are detestful, greedy, and heartless...........

Quote Originally Posted by CT Hornet
    This is true, Its just that this is the second time of him pulling stunts like this but this time he messed with one city too many...........its mostly venting from me and the sad truth of this world is s**t-heads like him get away like sand through your fingers..........im just saying and believe that what you do now comes back to you ten-fold and usually in ways that do hurt you regardless if its financial, emotional or physical.........he claims to love God and all but how could God approve of actions like his which are detestful, greedy, and heartless...........
    Agreed, but you forgot something......

New FULL ssn ticket holder! Hornet-Saint's Avatar

Banned

Can we send flowers consisting of a dozen bobblehead 's???

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    This just in,

West Coast Coullion has breakdown, KILLS the Beverly Hillbillies!

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Still here!

Wow, almost 5,000 views of this thread?!

SOMEONE'S watching, huh?

25 characters is not enoug Contributor ktulu909's Avatar
    Holy crap,I didnt realize the veiw count.Nice one and Shinn if your out there,we miss you!

Hey visitors. You may think you know what will happen . . . but you don't.

Hey George! From Charlotte!

New FULL ssn ticket holder! Hornet-Saint's Avatar
    I'm still here too, Hornets! WE'RE WAAAAAIIIITTTIIING!!!

Thread Information