.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Spongey, did you know the search function was disabled?

  1. #1

    Spongey, did you know the search function was disabled?

    Just wondering.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Walker
    Posts
    5,336
    Not sure what's going on here - but I'm sure Spongeridge is behind this somehow.

    Brad

  3. #3
    The Franchise STD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    1,339
    i noticed this too

    i though my total post nuber looked low

    so i went to search to see if i was right

    and i couldnt do it

    this is just a way for them to under report

    our post numbers

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Walker
    Posts
    5,336
    Hattiesburg, MS (Associated Cess Pool) -

    New Orleans Hornets dot com co-owner Spun G - also known on said site as Spongeridge, was sighted landing his private jet at nearby Pine Bluff Regional Airport this afternoon in preparation to possibly relocate his oft-mentioned web site operations here.

    "I'm excited about the infrastructure I see here in southern Mississippi," remarked Spun G, "and the living conditions aren't too too shabby. So long as we find a condominium complex willing to accept and hopefully subsidize our high-speed Internet-accessible computers, we may be willing to consider formalizing a relationship with this community."

    Spun G waved away questions raised by neworleanshornets.com users about the apparent inability to utilize the on-site search functions.

    "We'll address that situation when we get to it. Right now we needs to finds us a home."

    In addition to Hattiesburg, towns being considered for relocation are the New Orleans suburb of Chalmette and the southwest Louisiana hamlet of Carencro, already home to the best Saints site on the web.

    Copyright 2002 ACP - Not one damn right reserved.

  5. #5
    Originally posted by Houma Hornet
    i noticed this too

    i though my total post nuber looked low

    so i went to search to see if i was right

    and i couldnt do it

    this is just a way for them to under report

    our post numbers
    They've been under reporting mine all month. I'm really the #14 poster, but they say I'm #15. Don't think that norfolkhornets.com won't notice this!

  6. #6

  7. #7
    In Time Out Harvey Hornet-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    Posts
    11,380
    Yet another example of SpongeRidge poisoning the site. SpongeRidge is evil and greedy. I am sure once he moves the headquarters to Hattiesburg or Carencro, he will keep up the site. Probably will have spell check too. If he only would have done this for us!!!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Walker
    Posts
    5,336
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    Yet another example of SpongeRidge poisoning the site. SpongeRidge is evil and greedy. I am sure once he moves the headquarters to Hattiesburg or Carencro, he will keep up the site. Probably will have spell check too. If he only would have done this for us!!!
    Not only that Harvey, but rumor has it Hattiesburg will allow him to tune the search function so finely that fans will be able to know which fans are checking out which threads. Mobile, AL officials told him no way in hell would they be able to afford letting him run such a function, citing a possible invasion of privacy.

    Hattiesburg, Carencro, & Chalmette, on the other hand, have no problem with that. However Chalmette is concerned enough about Whodat's grocery-making impact on the local economy that the city is rumored to be seeking a guarantee that Mr. Whodat will be allowed to make at least one excursion to the grocery store a week.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    71
    Wasn't SponeRidge "on the grassy knoll"?
    It now appears to be over.

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Blair
    Wasn't SponeRidge "on the grassy knoll"?
    I thought that was Bernie Fryer.

  11. #11
    I re-enabled it. Consider this a goodwill gesture, just remember to vote "yes" on the 'New Server Referendum' in June.

  12. #12
    In Time Out Harvey Hornet-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    Posts
    11,380
    Don't trust SpongeRidge. The vote will not matter. It is his intention to move the site anyway. SpongeRidge is cheap. Re-activating this feature did not cost him anything. Spell check, now thats a different issue. We have been asking (demanding) spell check for weeks now. SpongeRidge is evil and this latest attempt to "convince" us to vote yes will not work. Lets vote no and force him to keep the current server. This will either be our way or no way at all. Do you really think Hattiesburg will come thru for you? New Orleans is better because we have 3 big loan sharks, a dirt bike mud track and a street corner evangelist. Whats in Hattiesburg? If SpongeRidge is allowed to leave, I say we do not pay for a new server unless we are guaranteed a new site!
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 05-02-2002 at 12:05 AM.

  13. #13
    Originally posted by spongey
    I re-enabled it. Consider this a goodwill gesture, just remember to vote "yes" on the 'New Server Referendum' in June.
    Thanks Spongey. I will vote on the "New Server Referendum" but don't try anymore funny stuff. Harvey is rallying the troops and we will do everything to keep you from relocating the datacenter to Hattiesburg. We have a viable market here and we will sell 10,000 subscriptions to MSN or AOL if we have to prove it.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    Posts
    692
    I tried to search some David Aldridge stuff yesterday and I was DENIED . Now I can go find this morons past stuff .

    My post total is decreasing overnight, not sure why though, maybe Spongebob Squarepants is behind that to


    LSU Fans, Check out our LSU Site, BAYOUBENGALS.COM , Sister site of SR and NOH.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Walker
    Posts
    5,336
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    Don't trust SpongeRidge. The vote will not matter. It is his intention to move the site anyway. SpongeRidge is cheap. Re-activating this feature did not cost him anything. Spell check, now thats a different issue. We have been asking (demanding) spell check for weeks now. SpongeRidge is evil and this latest attempt to "convince" us to vote yes will not work. Lets vote no and force him to keep the current server. This will either be our way or no way at all. Do you really think Hattiesburg will come thru for you? New Orleans is better because we have 3 big loan sharks, a dirt bike mud track and a street corner evangelist. Whats in Hattiesburg? If SpongeRidge is allowed to leave, I say we do not pay for a new server unless we are guaranteed a new site!
    Note that SpongeRidge STILL has made no attempt to deny the rumored site move to Hattiesburg, Carencro, or even, God forbid, Chalmette. What is going on here? First Spongeridge placates us with the search feature. Now he pitifully attempts to curry favor with the masses here by creating a picture of the NO Arena with historical references to the Bucs, the Jazz, and a Mashburn shot in an edited "New Orleans" jersey. Oh my goodness. Fellas, did you see the black & gold in the picture? Those are the colors of the University of Southern Mississippi, located in Hattiesburg. Can you say subliminal?

    SpongeRidge can TRY to pull the wool over our eyes, but God as my witness, WE SHALL NOT BE DECEIVED!

    Same site.
    Same fellas.
    Same Whodat32.

    Keep Neworleanshornets HERE!

    Brad

  16. #16
    Originally posted by COCajun


    Note that SpongeRidge STILL has made no attempt to deny the rumored site move to Hattiesburg, Carencro, or even, God forbid, Chalmette. What is going on here? First Spongeridge placates us with the search feature. Now he pitifully attempts to curry favor with the masses here by creating a picture of the NO Arena with historical references to the Bucs, the Jazz, and a Mashburn shot in an edited "New Orleans" jersey. Oh my goodness. Fellas, did you see the black & gold in the picture? Those are the colors of the University of Southern Mississippi, located in Hattiesburg. Can you say subliminal?

    SpongeRidge can TRY to pull the wool over our eyes, but God as my witness, WE SHALL NOT BE DECEIVED!

    Same site.
    Same fellas.
    Same Whodat32.

    Keep Neworleanshornets HERE!

    Brad
    LOL!

  17. #17
    (SpongeRidge II) We weren't done with SR I yet. I am assuming I am being thrown in the "clown" pot with the others. Our demands for SpongeRidge II will have to be higher. You have created a second monster. New Servers, spell check, same datacenter location, 6 cents (double pay minimum) for lending our talents to this website. I think a clown's meeting is in order to fully discuss our demands for this site.

  18. #18
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    (SpongeRidge II) We weren't done with SR I yet. I am assuming I am being thrown in the "clown" pot with the others. Our demands for SpongeRidge II will have to be higher. You have created a second monster. New Servers, spell check, same datacenter location, 6 cents (double pay minimum) for lending our talents to this website. I think a clown's meeting is in order to fully discuss our demands for this site.
    Yes, but who changed the title. I did not see where your original post showed an edit.

    SpongeRidge II must be stopped.

    He is rewriting the posts to conform to his propaganda.

    Arrrrrgh! He is truly evil.

    The Natives are restless. I heard there is one true way to stop an entity like SpongeRidge II.....

    A massive attack of.....................are you ready, can you handle it?

    Yes

    We must bomb the servers for our own good, after all SpongeRidge has poisoned the board.
    Then we can salvage the remains.
    We can rebuild the servers. We have the technology.
    We have the capability to make the world's first Bionic Board.
    NewOrleansHornets.com will be that Board. Better than it was before.

    Better . . . stronger . . . faster
    Yes, the $.06 cent Message Board will be born.

  19. #19
    Great pic, say-what. Yea, he edited my post without permission. Isn't that some type of civil violation or something. I need counsel on this. He must be stopped. We are losing our basic freedoms on this site. We need a coalition of the clowns. The Clown Coalition is the only way we can defeat the evil SpongeRidge.

  20. #20
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by CC_Hornet
    Great pic, say-what. Yea, he edited my post without permission. Isn't that some type of civil violation or something. I need counsel on this. He must be stopped. We are losing our basic freedoms on this site. We need a coalition of the clowns. The Clown Coalition is the only way we can defeat the evil SpongeRidge.
    SpongeRidge brought this on himself, and if it is an Attack of the Clowns that he wants, then it is an attack of the clowns that we must give him.

    Let the Clown Coalition be formed and rise up against the totalitarian, oppressive, coercive, repressive, subjugating, tyranny of SpongeRidge. ( you can see that I found my thesaurus)

    ----------
    I wouldn't have to edit my posts if we had a decent spell check. LOL
    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-03-2002 at 02:06 PM.

  21. #21
    Originally posted by say-what
    SpongeRidge brought this on himself, and if it is an Attack of the Clowns that he wants, then it is an attack of the clowns that we must give him.

    Let the Clown Coalition be formed and rise up against the totalitarian, oppressive, coercive, repressive, subjugating, tyrany of SpongeRidge. ( you can see that I found my thesaurus)
    Yea but we still need to keep up the pressure for the spell check because "tyranny" has two n's.

  22. #22
    Failure is always an option Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    2,073
    I think we need to enlist some help in our crusade to expose this conspiracy.. Anybody have Art Bell's Phone number???


  23. #23
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452
    Originally posted by CC_Hornet

    Yea but we still need to keep up the pressure for the spell check because "tyranny" has two n's.
    Arrrrgh! That b*****d, SpongeRidge.

    With spell check I would have caught that typo.

  24. #24
    In Time Out Harvey Hornet-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston, Republic of Texas
    Posts
    11,380
    Originally posted by BallStalum96
    I think we need to enlist some help in our crusade to expose this conspiracy.. Anybody have Art Bell's Phone number???
    I am sure Art can prove without a shadow of a doubt that SpongeRidge is an alien.

  25. #25
    In Time Out say-what-x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Metairie, LA
    Posts
    10,452

    Question

    SpongeRidge beware.

    The CLOWN COALITION has formed an alliance with Klowns of another sort to defeat the evil SpongeRidge.

    Last edited by say-what-x; 05-03-2002 at 04:42 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •