Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Here we go - THE DRAFT thread

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Rock
    What posiition does he play? He's not tall enough to play 4, is he? And does he have the handle to play 3?
    6-8
    great rebounder and very athletic

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    ESPN guys love him. Said he's a great pick, a solid citizen and a very good rebounder.
    I actually agree with the last 2 parts. The problem is we already have frontline depth. Is Birdman gonna be pushed out now? If not, where does Bass get minutes?

Let's see where this is headed.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFan
    Why isn't everyone in this room employed by ESPN? Stop reading so much into mock drafts and "expert" player profiles. Had he had another year in college, he may have gotten into the first round. The second round is about potential. Before you call this a reach, let him play 2-3 seasons.
    Good post!!!!

Why isn't everyone in this room employed by ESPN? Stop reading so much into mock drafts and "expert" player profiles. Had he had another year in college, he may have gotten into the first round. The second round is about potential. Before you call this a reach, let him play 2-3 seasons.

OK SO YOUR SAYING U LIKE steven a? ... and umm we could wait 2-3 on ukic not a tweener

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    6-8
    great rebounder and very athletic

Good pick IMO.

How tall was Barkley? 6'4"-6'6" depending on what day you asked him. I'm not saying he's the next Barkley, but he's very athletic and has good size (other than height). He can bring nice energy off the bench to clean the glass.
    Did you know that 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions?

What posiition does he play? He's not tall enough to play 4, is he? And does he have the handle to play 3?
    he wont play sf

the 2007 draft

was going to be one of the best ever b4 the new CBA but now it will be one of the worst ever
    so anybody might be a first round pick next year

I like the Bass pick. Of course I'm a bit biased toward him. I just feel that he improved a good bit in his time at LSU, and although he's still developing, he's got P.J. Brown ahead of him to help in showing him the ropes.

He may not contribute RIGHT AWAY.. but we're rebuilding, and Bass will help a bit while gaining experience. Once he fully develops he'll be a valuable asset to us, no doubt, IMO.

I think he's a legit 4. 6'8" and a wide body. I just don't see where he gets minutes, that's all.

I wouldn't have a problem with this pick if it weren't for Turiaf being available. Turiaf is a much safer and much better pick IMO.
    God Bless New Orleans and God Bless Louisiana.

How tall was Barkley? 6'4"-6'6" depending on what day you asked him. I'm not saying he's the next Barkley, but he's very athletic and has good size (other than height). He can bring nice energy off the bench to clean the glass.
    do not compare Him to a great player

I like the pick. For the moment, he's just a banger who can give us some rebounding off the bench. But he can take his time and continue to develop his game while playing behind PJ.
    the Legend has spoken!

Hall of Famer Contributor Ry4598's Avatar
    Harvey whats your opinion? I just think its a 2nd round pick, he could be a sleeper, and if he would have waited 1 more year he would have been a 1st round pick. SEC player of the year, LSU kid, guys calm down. This is not that bad. People are still passing on Taft, Gomes, and Turiaf as we speak.

Bass was on virtually every "underrated" list.

He's a great athlete, he's very physical, has very little body fat, he REBOUNDS (which we were horrible at) and the things he isn't as good at (jump shot), he is athletic enough to work on.

Plus he might get at least a few more butts in the seats...you know how LSU fans are...homers to an extreme degree.

The guy will only get better, and I dig the pick.

we had a chance to get granger and green. and we blew it .. congrats we get bloody bass.

Quote Originally Posted by jedi517
    You all are overreacting, he might take a year to get it right, but this will light a fire under David West's a**.
    I have a feeling that DX is the guy who is gonna get pushed out of the rotation. He might have just been reduced to cap filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend
    I like the pick. For the moment, he's just a banger who can give us some rebounding off the bench. But he can take his time and continue to develop his game while playing behind PJ.
    but we coulda had more

Quote Originally Posted by sof2xlc
    we had a chance to get granger and green. and we blew it .. congrats we get bloody bass.
    What the heck are you talking about?

How? If you're talking about Magloire for 16, you have to get better value than that. Even if the guy we want is there...don't be a punk.

And when I say "don't be a punk" I don't mean you. I mean the Hornets.

Bristow said Hornets had secret workout with Bass this morning! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sof2xlc
    OK SO YOUR SAYING U LIKE steven a? ... and umm we could wait 2-3 on ukic not a tweener
    Do we really need another PG that can't shoot? We got our NBA ready PG in the 1st round, and don't need a guy that's gonna have to grow into an NBA body and develop an NBA game. I'm not saying Bass is gonna be an all-star, but he can give you more now than Ukic. Sure I would have rathered someone like Ryan Gomes, but considering I don't spend hour after hour scouting these players and watching all the film on them, I'll give our front office the benefit of the doubt.

PS - Steven A is obnoxious, however...

Lakers get a steal in Turiaf.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry4598
    Harvey whats your opinion? I just think its a 2nd round pick, he could be a sleeper, and if he would have waited 1 more year he would have been a 1st round pick. SEC player of the year, LSU kid, guys calm down. This is not that bad. People are still passing on Taft, Gomes, and Turiaf as we speak.
    I'm pleased with the pick.

see the edit...came out wrong

Do we really need another PG that can't shoot? We got our NBA ready PG in the 1st round, and don't need a guy that's gonna have to grow into an NBA body and develop an NBA game. I'm not saying Bass is gonna be an all-star, but he can give you more now than Ukic. Sure I would have rathered someone like Ryan Gomes, but considering I don't spend hour after hour scouting these players and watching all the film on them, I'll give our front office the benefit of the doubt.

PS - Steven A is obnoxious, however...

It would be good for us to have a rotation of ukic paul and Jr in the future .. its not like casey dickau and speedy will be here in 2-3 yrs

Thread Information