Pelicans Report

Thread: Memorial Day Weekend

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar

Memorial Day Weekend

What are you all doing?

Have a good one and be careful. The doo doo is already starting on the roads out here.

Time for some football!!!

Well, I have accompany Ms. Dream to her cousin's engagement party in BR tomorrow, then I'm thinkin were are going to hit the Wine Loft on Julia St. when we return to N.O. tomorrow night. Sunday the wife wants to head out to the Greek Festival and Monday I have to work. I know the latter sounds like a bummer but it's rather entertaining to see what drunken A**es people make of themselves on any given holiday. Hope you guys have a safe one.
    In America there is New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans everywhere else is Cleveland. - Mark Twain

Basketball Guru Contributor
    I'm relaxing and going to enjoy the extra day off of work, for sure. I'm not leaving town, though. Well, I'm going to Baton Rouge tomorrow to attend my niece's dance revue (fun! fun!). Probably will grill out in the back yard on Monday with a few friends, but, nothing overly exciting....Hope everyone has a nice holiday and a safe one, at that..

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    Grillin'

Bought a car...for the wife.......went to the movies tonight (Star Wars).......tomorrow I'll be burning the crud out-a some unsuspecting burgers that are happily chillin' in the fridge tonight....church in the a-m......kids & grand-kids over swimming tomorrow.........Advil in the late PM after all the bloody noise........general cleaning around the house.......fix-it type of stuff and some real good hammock time.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    'Bout the same for me. Chillin' and grillin'. I was doing some work around the house this weekend, made a trip out to the airport, and that is about all of the excitement I can handle. We may go for a swim tomorrow, but the high is only supposed to be about 74, so we'll see. Heated pools out here = mandatory, unless you are inland.

I'll probably watch some motor sports too. Sunday is THE biggest day of the year for racing. Indy 500 and the Coca Cola 600 are as big as it gets in a single day.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Went and saw Star Wars last night, I just plan on relaxing the rest of the long weekend.

Banned
    Just hanging out & staying out of trouble. Oh, and catching up on some much-needed sleep as well. Big yawner....

Pool & grill plans went bye-bye with all the damn rain we had. Might get to grill later tonight, but the pool's out of the question. Can't complain too much. On our recent trip we had BRILLIANT weather the whole time when it counted.

Went up to DC to visit w/my Mom & Sister. Went out in Georgetown Friday night...hit up the Spy Museum Saturday afternoon before heading up to Baltimore to take in an O's game. I've seen a bunch of games up there, but I'm still just amazed every time I walk into Camden Yards. Definitely a top 5 park in MLB...just breathtaking. Saturday night watched some basketball @ ESPNZone then hit up a great show in Adam's Morgan--Bobby Parker...plays blues like it's going out of style. Sunday ate chicken/potatoe salad/ice cream sandwiches w/the family and watched the Sox blow through the Skankees for the 2nd win in as many days. Flights were delayed coming back today, but all in all it was a great weekend!

The menu?

Sunday Lunch: Grilled Filet Mignon
    Sunday Dinner: Grilled Filet Mignon
    Monday Lunch: Grilled Filet Mignon
    Monday Dinner: Grilled Filet Mignon

*I grilled some burgers for my kid. He wanted burgers, more steak for me!!!

/Costco had a special on Filets this weekend and I loaded up. Non fatty steak is great food for the South Beach Diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Non fatty steak is great food for the South Beach Diet.
    You might be in trouble then......

Thread Information