Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Baron to Warriors

why Pierce...if we are gonna build the team around JR then why not just get a big man or expiring contracts in a deal...although Pierce seems alot heavier than JR so I guess he could play at the 3 with JR at the 2...who knows I just can't wait till tomorrow at 2.

Exactly ULSaint, they all come off the books baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    Again, Toronto was NEVER a legitimate option. They were using the Hornets name to elevate Marshall's value. Some of the media guys who have no clue have been holding on to the Toronto rumor.
    Good, thats the one deal i didn't like.

I'm all out of bubble gum Contributor Harvey's Avatar
    If the BD deal(s) all go south, it would be because of something negative that came out of tonights game. That much I don't know. Screamin' Stephen may be onto something, but I'm sticking to the idea that BD will be dealt.

West Coast Hornet...All I was saying is that if Baron does play the rest of the season (and i realize that is a BIG if), he can showcase he still has the potential and talent to be one of the top PG's in the league. If that were to happen, I was just saying that I think the Hornets could get a much better deal than this current Golden State trade. In regards to the "worshipped caproom" idea, think about this for a second? There has been alot of talk about clearing all this caproom in order to sign a top notch free agent this offseason. One example is Michael Redd. Do you honestly think Redd would sign here for the max to play with Dickau and JR, or do you think he would sign to play with the Cavs for a little less money to play with LeBron?!?!? Seems like a no-brainer. The same goes for the rest of the "superstars" in the league. Every one of them will more than likely find a better scenario than to come play for us. So unless you think Stromile Swift is going to be our franchise's SAVIOR, I wouldn't hold my breath. Just my opinion though!

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    BD trade is a +, but the trade I really care about is MASH for GR. We need the $$$.
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Hornet
    If the BD deal(s) all go south, it would be because of something negative that came out of tonights game. That much I don't know. Screamin' Stephen may be onto something, but I'm sticking to the idea that BD will be dealt.
    That he jacks up 3's and can't shoot and needs to shave?

This is my last trade speculation:

Atlanta trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.6 apg in 40.2 minutes)
    Atlanta receives: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.1 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +6.0 apg.

New Orleans trades: PG Baron Davis (19.7 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 7.3 apg in 33.8 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.1 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.3 apg in 23.7 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.3 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 3.6 apg in 40.2 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and -6.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Are you knocking Stromile? I think Swift is a good player. He can dunk and block shots. Granted, he could work on his outside game a little bit. But if you get him paired with an athletic big man, I think he would be an allstar. Swift would be a tremendous asset to this team and most likely want to play here in his home state. I don't think he will be a savior but he can contribute.

I believe thats whats wrong with the NBA today. All the fans and media want to see a MJ or a "saviour." I'd rather build a team.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ball-A-Holic329
    West Coast Hornet...All I was saying is that if Baron does play the rest of the season (and i realize that is a BIG if), he can showcase he still has the potential and talent to be one of the top PG's in the league. If that were to happen, I was just saying that I think the Hornets could get a much better deal than this current Golden State trade. In regards to the "worshipped caproom" idea, think about this for a second? There has been alot of talk about clearing all this caproom in order to sign a top notch free agent this offseason. One example is Michael Redd. Do you honestly think Redd would sign here for the max to play with Dickau and JR, or do you think he would sign to play with the Cavs for a little less money to play with LeBron?!?!? Seems like a no-brainer. The same goes for the rest of the "superstars" in the league. Every one of them will more than likely find a better scenario than to come play for us. So unless you think Stromile Swift is going to be our franchise's SAVIOR, I wouldn't hold my breath. Just my opinion though!
    Actually, I don't really disagree with you. Several of us (I can name names) have been advocating strongly for getting some good value for BD if a trade were imminent. Something of value meaning more than just cap room. You are right. We don't know what the Hornets will get out in FA. I totally agree. I also agree that BD can be a wonderful PG. But there are some things that have happened to create what I would call the perfect storm for a trade. Namely, he basically asked for a trade in the off-season (read my sig if needed), and he has been bitten by the injury bug AGAIN. These two things are the biggest factors in moving him. Add to it his declining marketability in New Orleans (perception/reality? Who knows, but I think this is out there), and the Hornets have impetus to move him asap. That's what I think is happening. Given those factors, it is hard to stop that train. And if he is going to be moved, I fail to see much difference between now and April or beyond.

Time for some football!!!

a guy on another fourm just said Dale Davis walked off the court and waived good bye and huged the coaches. could that be a sign? and Mickael Pietrus did not play tonight.
    AKA St. David

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker
    Are you knocking Stromile? I think Swift is a good player. He can dunk and block shots. Granted, he could work on his outside game a little bit. But if you get him paired with an athletic big man, I think he would be an allstar. Swift would be a tremendous asset to this team and most likely want to play here in his home state. I don't think he will be a savior but he can contribute.

I believe thats whats wrong with the NBA today. All the fans and media want to see a MJ or a "saviour." I'd rather build a team.
    Swift is nowhere near worth the type of contract he wants or people talk about. He is an average player at best. I doubt he will ever be an all-star, but that is just my opinion. Heck, Birdman can dunk and block shots.

Its a sign that he's a touchy feely type guy!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints63213
    a guy on another fourm just said Dale Davis walked off the court and waived good bye and huged the coaches. could that be a sign? and Mickael Pietrus did not play tonight.
    If so, BD for Pietrus, Claxton, and Dale Davis may be the one.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Will Lynch be traded?

I'll take Swift over Birdman any day.

But if the guy does want a ridiculous amount of money than he can go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBreaker
    I'll take Swift over Birdman any day.

But if the guy does want a ridiculous amount of money than he can go somewhere else.
    Of course, but Birdman plays for peanuts compared to what Swift wants.

We'll see what he wants in the offseason.

All-Star
    i mean, BD and Lynch for Pietrus, Claxton, and Dale Davis..that works.

Artest or Redd...Redd would be huge too.

Undisputed #1 Dickau Fan StingEmDickau2's Avatar

More late report, NY Post:

"Toronto, Philadelphia and Atlanta have been linked as sincere suitors, but, according to a Warriors infiltrator, Golden State phoned in a late, thought-provoking bid of Mike Dunleavy and free agent-in-waiting Dale Davis."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/41154.htm
    Check it out, I need all the hits I can get: DanDickau.us

With Dickau, Jacobsen, West, and now maybe Dunleavy, the Hornets should be in the 2002 Final Four.

momentary lapse of re-brand NYKF Hornet's Avatar
    Thursday should be an active day here.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    How soon will we see action HH?

If we deal Baron to Golden State, I'd want Dale Davis, their 2005 first rounder and Speedy Claxton in return.

With Claxton and Dickau we'd have covered the point. Dale Davis gives us another big man for the rest of the season and comes off the books in the summer. GS sucks right now and will for the rest of the season, so their firstrounder is a lottery pick for sure.

Then deal Mash and Rogers to Philly (although I kind of doubt the Sixers will do that after aquiring Webber) for Robinson and get even more cap space.

With those moves we could turn it around in a lot less time then anybody expected.

Thread Information