Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Look out Spongey!!!!

Hall of Famer Contributor Hopeful Hugo's Avatar

Look out Spongey!!!!

The korn show is calling for an email jihad on your site.
    Last edited by Hopeful Hugo; 03-25-2002 at 01:29 PM.
    Geaux Pells!

Re: Look out Spongey!!!!

Originally posted by Hopeful Hugo
    The korn show is calling for an email jahad on your site.
    Tony Kornheiser's show?
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Any particular reason why or are his ratings just that bad?
    the Legend has spoken!

What is up with Tony Kornheiser? Maybe he got a few too many complaints about he and his jerk friend Aldridge?

Why are you guys saying these things and you don't even know what he said. Even if he doesnt have the same opinion as many of you, thats no reason to insinuate things that you have no clue about.

Originally posted by rainwater
    Why are you guys saying these things and you don't even know what he said. Even if he doesnt have the same opinion as many of you, thats no reason to insinuate things that you have no clue about.
    Your right. He might be asking for his fans to undertake one of those good jihads.

What the heck are you talking about?

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

What the heck are you talking about?
    What is up with Tony Kornheiser? Maybe he got a few too many complaints about he and his jerk friend Aldridge?
    Any particular reason why or are his ratings just that bad?
    And did anybody even confirm he said anything about NOhornets.com?

Da Weatherman Speaks! Contributor WeatherNLU's Avatar
    What was said?

I survived Katrina, but nothing I owned did.

Originally posted by WeatherNLU
    What was said?
    My point exactly

Draft Pick

Tony's show just finished in Charlotte...

I just caught the last two minutes of the show and he closed by saying "you New Orleans people need to get a grip". At least that is what it sounded like. Did anyone else hear this?

How about a jahad against Tony's show? email at [email protected]

He has to be reacting to the negative e-mails and calls that have been sent to Aldridge. Hey, the guy made some boneheaded, ill-informed comments and we are well within our rights to dispute them. And I plan to do just that during DA's live chat on Wed.
    Last edited by Adam the Legend; 03-25-2002 at 11:57 AM.

To take up for Aldridge is to condone his comments.

And did anybody even confirm he said anything about NOhornets.com?
    No one asked you to judge if comments made on this site are up to "your standards." A listener posts a comment and responses were made. Everyone here knows Kornheiser got emails complaining about Aldridge's comments.

By the way, has ANYONE received even a "canned" response from ESPN. It looks as if they will just "blow it off."

I just listened to part of his show. It was the guys who talk during the break that called for an "informational jihad" on the site. I only got around 20 e-mails and Andrus got around 25. Most said that it wasn't a "gaffe" and to get my story straight. This is laughable due to the fact that the lead ESPN NBA writer knows little to nothing about the subject to which he's reporting on (the relocation). His comments also show his bias. At least now, I know that he has a negative view of New Orleans and will discount his reports based on that.

And I still find it amazing that David Aldridge asks, "What if a tornado hits New Orleans?" Absolutely amazing.

Originally posted by HORNETSFAN

No one asked you to judge if comments made on this site are up to "your standards." A listener posts a comment and responses were made. Everyone here knows Kornheiser got emails complaining about Aldridge's comments.

By the way, has ANYONE received even a "canned" response from ESPN. It looks as if they will just "blow it off."
    The problem is that when a reporter has a negative opinion of NO, many people here take it too personal. As much as you want to make out of Aldridge's comments, ESPN could care less. The same thing could have easily been said on PTI. There's nothing wrong with getting upset at people who talk bad about NO (the same thing happens in Charlotte). But to call everyone who doesn't have the same opinion an idiot shows very little maturity. Charlotte has its share immature people as well.

He did not offer an opinion. He factually stereotyped the entire New Orleans area. I wonder how he feels about stereotypes. I wonder if he were stereotyped in a negative way on a national media outlet, how he would react. Many people have been fired or suspended for making stereotypical statements. I guess it all depends on who is saying it and who they are saying it about. This is just another example of the double standards out there. This time with political correctness and sensitivity issues.
    Last edited by Harvey Hornet-x; 03-25-2002 at 01:12 PM.

Originally posted by Harvey Hornet
    He did not offer an opinion. He factually stereotyped the entire New Orleans area. I wonder how he feels about stereotypes. I wonder if he were stereotyped in a negative way on a national media outlet, how he would react. Many people have been fired or suspended for making stereotypical statements. I guess it all depends on who is saying it and who they are saying it about. This is just another example of the double standards out there. This time with political correctness and sensitivity issues.
    Calling NO a great city is also stereotypical. You act like nobody has ever said anything nice about NO. I'm sure everyday you could read or hear something bad and good about any given city.

All I am saying is this guy gets away with it and guys like Dan Issel lose their job. Issel directed his comment at one man. DA did our whole city. If it had been Mike Greenberg, he would have had to apologize on the air. Better yet, he might have had the good sense to do so on his own.

David Aldridge thimks we do not deserve a chance to get an NBA team. This is the same guy who thinks his hometown of Washington D.C, should get the Expos. HEY, didn't the Senators (MLB) move out of that town twice?

All I am saying is this guy gets away with it and guys like Dan Issel lose their job. Issel directed his comment at one man. DA did our whole city. If it had been Mike Greenberg, he would have had to apologize on the air. Better yet, he might have had the good sense to do so on his own.
    How can you even compare the two.

Also, Aldridge does this for his job. There's a big difference.

How can you even compare the two.

Also, Aldridge does this for his job. There's a big difference.
    What, criticizes entire communities? It would be different if he just said N.O. was a bad economical area or something of the sort. However, he degraded an entire community with his stereotypes. I am sure Charlotteans would have been upset if these things were said about their community. Honestly, it does not involve you, so it is easy for you to judge others.

EXACTLY!!!

Aldridge's criticism with N.O. has nothing to do with his love for Charlotte or his desire for the NBA to remain in Charlotte. It also has nothing to do with reality. He has other obvious motives.

I wonder what Charlotte's response would be if Aldridge had said they are a town full of jew haters because of the recently released comments by Billy Graham.

Thread Information