Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: VC to N.O????

Originally posted by 5O4Hornet
    HH, it doesn't take much to rebound a basketball. There is only one way to rebound, these are professsionals who's been doing it all their lives, so what does it matter if someone rebounds better that the other person. It's a rebound!!
    I disagree, but lets move on to other issues.

Andersen is not a 40 minute guy. Neither is West. Andersen isn't starting material. It can be argued that West isn't quite there yet either.

What do we for depth? This is why I want Bosh and/or Araujo. We need big bodies. Are you expecting West and Anderson to play the whole game? Do they ever get breaks? Who gives fouls?

Since rebounding is so easy, I guess we can pick up anyone off the street to fill in. Yeah, lets forget playing defense too. If we could play everyone in 3 on 3, we'd be awesome...

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Who else goes? Yao starts, that's a given. Other than that, he's battling out Brad Miller for the reserve.

If we get him involved in the offense, he'll make it. Only way he won't make it is if the center posistion becomes as underutilized as Scott made it with New Jersey.

Some of you don't realize how important Magliore is for the team. Put him on a San Antonio or Minnesota, and they get to the Finals.

HH, it doesn't take much to rebound a basketball. There is only one way to rebound, and these are professsionals that has been doing it all their lives, so what does it matter if someone rebounds better that the other person. It's a rebound!! Hell, I bet Bambi could rebound a basketball, so it makes no sense what you're talking about.
    You are simplifying things so much to the point it is silly. Why do you think big men are so coveted?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    HH you don't even need to defend yourself on that, everyone already knows you were right in the first place, lol.

And yeah that's right, Brad Miller.. so I mean it's not out of reach for Magloire to get it.

Originally posted by Joe Horn(ets)
    Who else goes? Yao starts, that's a given. Other than that, he's battling out Brad Miller for the reserve.

If we get him involved in the offense, he'll make it. Only way he won't make it is if the center posistion becomes as underutilized as Scott made it with New Jersey.

Some of you don't realize how important Magliore is for the team. Put him on a San Antonio or Minnesota, and they get to the Finals.
    I'm with you Joe. I don't see why Mags gets the blame for last year when those around him underperformed every night. The guy averaged a double/double, plays his ****** off and has the passion I wish other players would have. He's progressed very well and is about to break out IMO.

Will he ever be dominant? I don't know that there will be many dominant centers any more. Will he be one of the better centers in the NBA? Absolutely. JMags is an All-Star center and would be a key addition to any team. The problem we have is that we don't have enough good players around him...

5O4Hornet
    I like the sarcasm HH! Nice touch.
    Last edited by 5O4Hornet; 07-29-2004 at 12:22 AM.

Man those people in toronto are kinda mean,This is what some of the toronto fans think (If ya care)

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...asc&highlight=

i gotta question: Did big cats brother really get murdered in toronto? ( I never new that)
    Last edited by MarieLSUbball3; 07-29-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Guys what is worse:

(from the western confernce)

Our starter: 6'1 David Wesley vs. 6'6 Michael Finely, 6'6 Manu, 6'7 Tracy McGrady, 6'5 Bonzi Wells, 6'6 Kobe Bryant, 6'6 Corey Maggette, 6'5 Latrelle Sprewell, 6'6 Jason Richardson, 6'5 Ray Allen, 6'4 Veshon Lenard, 6'6 Quinton Richardson, 6'6 Doug Christe, 6'6 Brent Barry, etc.

or

Our starter: Mags vs. Yao, Brad Miller, Dale Davis, Marcus Camby, Candi Man, Divac, Nestorovic, Kaman, Shawn Bradley, and Erick Dampier (who probably will move to the East)

The West is now a SG and PF conference. If we can sub Mash and DW for P.J., we must make this trade. I would rather see Rose or Carter holding those guards than DW.

Guys Mags can be replaced. I like this roster better anyway:

PG: BD/DA/AG
    SG: VC/JRS/TP
    SF: JRose/Lynch
    PF: PJ/DX
    C: Keon Clark/Birdman/Jabari Smith
    Last edited by STHornet; 07-29-2004 at 12:24 AM.
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

seeking a higher level Contributor Wingman's Avatar
    Originally posted by irish thug 527
    Actually now that Shaq is gone Magloire's chances of an Allstar game are much better. Especially since Tim Duncan is listed as a power forward and all.. Of course I'll probably forget someone and feel stupid after I post this.
    You're probably right, irish thug 527. I say Mags makes the All-Star Team 2 years in a row, he'll backup Yao!

5O4Hornet

I like the sarcasim HH! Nice touch.
    Hey man, I'm not trying to be ugly about it, but to ME, it doesn't make sense to do this deal unless we get size in return. There just aren't enough big bodies on our team to trade all that size and get none in return.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    I just don't know where everybody thinks we're gonna get big men to fill the holes left by PJ and Mags. We CANNOT go into the season with only 2 big men and NOOO true starting center. What do you think we're gonna do? Let DA play some center and let DW back up at PF? We HAVE to get a big man in return. Period.

HAHAHA

I just read the Toronto boards.. they said a problem with Magloire would be that he "plays like a scrub" when the post season comes. I'm sure they'll need quality players in the post season especially since they'll be making so many trips there. LOL

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Originally posted by CapitolHornet45
    I just don't know where everybody thinks we're gonna get big men to fill the holes left by PJ and Mags. We CANNOT go into the season with only 2 big men and NOOO true starting center. What do you think we're gonna do? Let DA play some center and let DW back up at PF? We HAVE to get a big man in return. Period.
    Split the MLE with Keon Clark and Jabari Smith. Look at my roster above.

seeking a higher level Contributor Wingman's Avatar
    I like the sarcasim HH! Nice touch.
    Apparently rebounding AND spelling are lost arts...

What do you think we're gonna do? Let DA play some center and let DW back up at PF?
    If Silas were still coach, that might be a "plan".

5O4Hornet
    See this is why the Saints sucked and will suck forever because they don't know how to bring talent to their team. If the Hornets want to win; then, they make this deal. If we want to be sitting in the lottery next season; then, sign Rodney White to the full MLE.

If this trade does happen, i'd imagine we would re-sign Tractor....Would we have enough to get a okay Center? (since mopete's gone)

That's a big risk. Keon hasn't done anything in a few years.

Originally posted by STHornet

It's just that easy. Just because we say so, it happens. No negotiating, no nothing. They are probably waiting to see what we do with this offer before they sign elsewhere...

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    Originally posted by STHornet

I just dont like our chances with our big men being Clark/Smith/West/Anderson. We either need to give up either PJ or Mags not both or get a big man from Toronto. You can't win in the post season without good defense and solid inside reounding. Offense cant win it all. See Dallas...

True. But! we should make this trade even if we dont get a big man. Brown is an waste of time in my opinion, and getting VC will be like a drwam come true! we should do this trade!

Look guys we are definitely not going to have a .500 or better season with the current roster!

We should do this trade!

Not to mention, HH, with Jabari Smith, we'd have like, 2 J Smiths on our team. And that's just too confusing for me.

man this thread is rollin'!!

Thread Information