Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: VC to N.O????

5O4Hornet
    Hey sthornet, you forgot about number 5! More wins

OK, I'll play the "what if" game. We need big men in return. Here is my take it or leave it offer to Toronto:

Mash, PJ, JMags, Lynch and Wesley for Bosh, Rose, VC and Araujo.

New lineup:
    BD/Armstrong/Garcia
    Rose/JR Smith/Pickett
    VC/need to sign a swing man with the MLE
    West/Bosh
    Auaujo/Andersen

New Orleans trades: SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 38.4 minutes)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 34.4 minutes)
    C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 33.9 minutes)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.8 minutes)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 21.8 minutes)
    New Orleans receives: PF Chris Bosh (11.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    SF Rafael Araujo (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -14.1 ppg, -15.1 rpg, and +0.9 apg.

Toronto trades: PF Chris Bosh (11.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.0 apg in 33.5 minutes)
    SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    SF Rafael Araujo (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
    SG Jalen Rose (15.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 5.0 apg in 37.9 minutes)
    Toronto receives: SF Jamal Mashburn (20.8 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg in 19 games)
    PF PJ Brown (10.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
    C Jamaal Magloire (13.7 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 82 games)
    SG David Wesley (13.9 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 61 games)
    SF George Lynch (4.8 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 1.5 apg in 78 games)
    Change in team outlook: +14.1 ppg, +15.1 rpg, and -0.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New Orleans and Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New Orleans and Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5O4Hornet
    Now that seems more like it HH!

In that scenario, Bosh would be the starter and they're probably not going to give him up. But, I'd definitely do the deal.

5O4Hornet
    I don't think we getting Bosh.

Drop me off in New Orleans CapitolHornet45's Avatar
    I'd def. do that one HH. But idk if they'd give up both of their young centers. We would def. come out better in that deal...

If the Saints could do it Contributor Joe Horn(ets)'s Avatar
    Ok hold on, Shaq discussion gets only 3 pages, VC has 5 already. Plus, everybody is reading this thread. LOL!

If the people lurking this thread would equal what our attendance would be with VC, I think Shinn would be more tempted to do it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    Now wait a second, no one said anything about more wins... I'm not convinced that Vince means more wins. But he does mean more sales. Jerseys, seats, everything. And more media attention.

(i was talking about what 504 hornet said on page 4) ^^^

5O4Hornet
    Hey look at what Byron Scott did with New Jersey! He might be trying to do the same thing here. So with those players and with Byron Scott's coaching scheme, we can definently get us more wins!
    Last edited by 5O4Hornet; 07-28-2004 at 11:49 PM.

Guys do you realize that getting VC would be huge not only for the organization but for the team he makes it better from the get go. I would hate to part ways in Mags but Scott is trying to center this team around scorers and that is what VC and Rose will bring to the table. I think rose wil be a nice temporary solution I remember when he was on the Bulls he always shot well against us. If we can get Bosh that would be great but if not i still think it will be a good deal. If Mash isnt traded it is either because no teams wants him or the hornets are going to pull another deal to try and get a quality center. I say go for it.

5O4Hornet
    Someone else feels the same way I do!

seeking a higher level Contributor Wingman's Avatar
    Toronto takes Mash? Oh, is this the NBA Fantasy trade thread?
    Narcissists do not apologize, they just reinterpret the facts.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Guys, I have a strange feeling that this deal will go down!

Shinn knows this is a great opportunity to get more money. He said he isn't worried about our attendance, and by getting Vince, he will be right. Vince will sellout everynight!
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

Originally posted by 5O4Hornet
    I don't think we getting Bosh.
    Then I don't think they're getting Mags!!!

We MUST get a starting C in return...

Yeah for real, is Toronto even going to remotely consider taking Mash? If not then there ain't no way in hell that a trade is going down. Unless Mash has a sex change and joins the WNBA. And his contract gets wiped away from us.

5O4Hornet
    Originally posted by Harvey Hornet

Then I don't think they're getting Mags!!!
    Why you like Magloire so much? Is it because he's an all-star? I hate to say it, but Jmag will never be an all-star again.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    Like 504Hornet, I hope we make this deal. I'm already excited.

BD and Vince on the same team! WOW!!! Keon Clark can take Mags place for all I care.

5O4Hornet
    FINALLY! +POINTS FOR STHORNET! I would if I could. hehe Come on SW! Give the guy some points!

Bottom line is, I'm not giving up 2 All Stars for Vince. Take the Mash, PJ, DA, and Wesley deal or goodbye. We don't need Vince, he would be great to have though.

I mean, I know Mash is scaring teams off and has a BS attitude, but he can still average 20ppg. Add to that we're giving them 10/10 a night with PJ, and good depth with Wesley and Armstrong.

Shaquille O'Neal, is the most dominant player in the game, when I heard he was being traded, I thought it would take 2 All Stars and another up and coming player to get him. What did Miami give up for him? ZERO All Stars!

I don't know how Miami did it, but I'm sure they said something to the likes of, Shaq is your problem, he doesn't wanna be with your team, we'll gladly take this problem off your hands in regards for some of our good players (but you'll have to take Grant). It's the same thing with Vince sorta, if I'm Bristow or Scott, I tell Toronto, look Vince is your problem, HE doesn't wanna play for your team. We'll give you some of our good players and gladly take your problem off your hands (but you'll have to take Mash).

That's it, if they wait for a better deal, let them. Time is ticking though. I'm not saying Mash, PJ, DA, and Wesley = Odom, Grant, and Butler. But I'm saying, if the most dominant player in the game can be recieved without giving up any All Stars, what makes Toronto think they can get all this for Vince. I know our players are old and injury prone, but I also know Vince is just as injury proned and I don't know if other teams will throw their stars at Toronto.

I'm sure it's no Magliore, no deal, and that's just fine with me. I think the 4 player deal (Mash, Wesley, DA, and Brown) is good enough. VC isn't Superman. We don't have to throw out the core of our team to get him.
    Last edited by Joe Horn(ets); 07-28-2004 at 11:58 PM.

Originally posted by 5O4Hornet

Why you like Magloire so much? Is it because he's an all-star? I hate to say it, but Jmag will never be an all-star again.
    504, I'm not shallow enough to be caught up in that all star stuff. I didn't say Mags couldn't be traded, I said I want Bosh in return.

I'll answer your question with a question. Once PJ and Mags are wiped from the roster, who is going to be our front line starters? Where are the rebounds going to come from? Who's going to take up space in the paint? West and Andersen? Get real. We'd need a guy like Bosh. Where do you propose we get one?

Yeah, I'm a Mags fan, but it's because of what he brings to the team. He's hard nosed. He averages a double/double. He's young. He's about to mature IMO. I think his consistency and play are about to take off.

Give us more credit than to think we are caught up in the All-Star appearance. I think you underestimate some of us. I didn't just start watching NBA basketball...

And I also think Mags makes the All Star game this year.

5O4Hornet
    HH, it doesn't take much to rebound a basketball. There is only one way to rebound, and these are professsionals that has been doing it all their lives, so what does it matter if someone rebounds better that the other person. It's a rebound!! Hell, I bet Bambi could rebound a basketball, so it makes no sense what you're talking about.
    Last edited by 5O4Hornet; 07-29-2004 at 12:06 AM.

5O4Hornet
    Originally posted by Joe Horn(ets)
    And I also think Mags makes the All Star game this year.
    What!!!! LOL Joe I think you been smoking that pipe a little too long!

Actually now that Shaq is gone Magloire's chances of an Allstar game are much better. Especially since Tim Duncan is listed as a power forward and all.. Of course I'll probably forget someone and feel stupid after I post this.

Thread Information