PF-Pj Brown
    C-Jamal Magloire

After:
    PG-Baron Davis
    SG-Jalen Rose
    SF-Vince Carter
    PF-PJ Brown
    C-Jabari Smith(6-11, 240)

I'm going for worst case center. Now does Magloire defend better than Jabari? I don't know, Magloire isn't exactly known for his defense. I know he's not quicker, few people are slower. Mags isn't any bigger.

You lose a 10 ppg scorer, and gain two 20+ per game scorers.

It's not like trading Magloire means we play with four people next year. Shoot, we could sign a 7 foot plus guy and actually gain size. Magloire is kindof undersized really.

And again, this is only ONE year. Who knows what the future holds?

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    If this trade takes place the Hornets will go from, at best, a 6th seed in the west and a 1st round exit to a possible non playoff team, but one of the most exciting to watch in the NBA.

Im starting to like this trade. Im convinced that we need to start rebuilding, what better players to build around than VC and BD. In the mean time we can try to make some trades to find a servicable center and if not we will still be fun to watch.

This trade brings a bright future. Mash can be traded or bought out which leaves more cap room to sign FA. Heres a list of FA in 2005.

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents.php?year=2005

Then in 2006 more cap space with the contract of J.Rose expiring. Heres a list fo FA in 2006.

http://www.realgm.com/src_freeagents.php?year=2006

**Im not sure how accurate these FA listings are because in 2006 they have Mo Pete as a FA with the Hornets.

HH has already hinted that this trade was offered 3 years ago, stop talking about it if there is real trade talks HH will deem it worthy to talk about, when HE first hears about it.

Ester aka Ms-Freek-A-Leek STHornet's Avatar
    I wonder what our second GM Baron Davis has to say about this?
    Trade Mags & Rodgers for Lamar Odom

ARE TEAMS STILL TALKING???

We should get Toronto to throw in Moiso, he was the man.

we all know you are going nowhere without rebounding...but we also went nowhere WITH rebounding...so i like this deal more and more the more i think about it...

HORNETS would still have the MLE to sign a very decent big man...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! irish thug 527's Avatar
    You know what? Make the fricken trade.. and just hope we can sign a Center. If we can't, then oh well.. Because like, honestly, I don't think we're ready to be great contenders in the West anyway. So we might as well have a little fun.. I can't imagine a more fun team to watch than BD, Carter, Rose (and maybe even a little BIIIIRDMAN). We'll get media attention and respect, we'll get high attendance and the Hornets won't have to leave in a few years. The only thing I'm worried about is Rose's contract. Just imagine BD tossing an alley oop pass to Carter and having him reverse dunk it in. And picture Birdman with the crazy hair too. And Rose? uhh..... yeah.

I'm excited about the prospect of having ANYONE on the team that can finish an alley oop. I remember the one time Baron forgot that Magloire can't jump, and threw an alley oop pass off of the backboard while Magloire clumsily flailed his arms and grabbed the rim, never touching the ball.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    Picture BD throwing an alley opp to VC and then VC throwing it off the board to J.Rose then J.Rose throws it off the shot clock then JR.Smith grabsit off the clock and missing the dunk, then there is no big man there to grab the offensive rebound

had to get that one in Seriously, Im starting to warm up to the trade for reasons I mentioned above.

Originally posted by irish thug 527
    You know what? Make the fricken trade.. and just hope we can sign a Center. If we can't, then oh well.. Because like, honestly, I don't think we're ready to be great contenders in the West anyway. So we might as well have a little fun.. I can't imagine a more fun team to watch than BD, Carter, Rose (and maybe even a little BIIIIRDMAN). We'll get media attention and respect, we'll get high attendance and the Hornets won't have to leave in a few years. The only thing I'm worried about is Rose's contract. Just imagine BD tossing an alley oop pass to Carter and having him reverse dunk it in. And picture Birdman with the crazy hair too. And Rose? uhh..... yeah.
    That would be great!

I think we are seeing this trade as fans only. We need to view it from a Shinn's perspective. Getting Vince Carter to go along with BD and Birdman means sellouts every night which = more $$$.

Fans care about:
    1. wins
    2. exciting gameplay/superstars

Owners care about:
    1. $$$
    2. More $$$
    3. Wins
    Last edited by STHornet; 07-29-2004 at 11:30 AM.

Picture BD throwing an alley opp to VC and then VC throwing it off the board to J.Rose then JR.Smith grabbing it off the board and missing the dunk, then there is no big man there to grab the offensive rebound
    Rebounds from missed dunks are usually out on the perimeter and boarded by guards

nola proud
    do this trade and sign Keon Clark.....he's a decent c.....i think resignin mopete is linked to this trade....we wonldnt do this trade if we had mopete

thought about Clark too, just searched the remainings FA's...there are quite some decent big man that should be availablel for the MLE...Clark, Rebraca, Blount...i hope VC will waer a HORNETS jersey next season...

Like I said earlier, the Western Conference is now a SG and PF conference.

I don't want our starter at SG (6'1 DW) to hold (in our divison along) 6'6 Michael Finley, 6'7 Tracy McGrady, 6'6 Manu, and 6'5 Bonzi Wells. We need a tall superstar SG. If we can sign Keon Clark and another PF to the MLE, we should make this trade.

My wish would be to replace P.J. with Mash and DW though.

nola proud
    has anyone forgotten that we can trade rose when/if we get him for a center!
    and if mash passes his pychical we can trade him for a pf!!

Maybe I'm underestimating our market, but I don't know if VC guarantees sellouts. No question he helps attendance, but fans still want a winner. This whole thing is spiraling out of control btw.

all i read is that offered deal is already real old...so the rumor just came out last night...should we just forget about this now...how old is this already!?

the deal is possible... bd+ vc mean lot of sold out game.... We would sell lot of jersey despite we ll miss the playoffs...

Originally posted by NOSA
    Maybe I'm underestimating our market, but I don't know if VC guarantees sellouts. No question he helps attendance, but fans still want a winner.
    i think the Wiz sold out every game in MJ's tenure and the were a real loser...HORNETS wouldn't be this bad...i'm pretty sure he would sell tix alone by himself...

Originally posted by AGHF
    all i read is that offered deal is already real old...so the rumor just came out last night...should we just forget about this now...how old is this already!?
    Old enough that GerryV said yesterday that the Hornets had rejected it.

Originally posted by Harvey Honet
    Toronto offered Rose and VC (and possibly some cash) for Mags, Mash and DW (and possibly some trade fodder). IF Mash couldn't pass the 2nd MRI (which I can't understand why he couldn't), they would want PJ.
    If that proposal is true, a starting roster of BD, Carter, Rose, Brown, and FA Keon Clark will give us atleast 49 wins.

Wow

Originally posted by say-what
    Old enough that GerryV said yesterday that the Hornets had rejected it.
    That trade propsal might be rejected, but they could still be talking about adding other players to the deal.

MVF (Most Valuable Fan)
    If its already been rejected then why are we still talking about it?

I need some clarity on this vinsanity.

Thread Information