Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: David Aldridge caught on open mic

I e-mailed them all requesting an apology from the network and Aldridge's empty head on a stick.

It is great to see everyone voicing their opinion. Let's keep up the effort!!!! Keep sending the emails!
    Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls,
    There stands our dear old Alma Mater who to us recalls
    Fond memories that waken in our hearts a tender glow
    And make us happy for the love that we have learned to know.

All praise to thee, our Alma Mater, molder of mankind.
    May greater glory, love unending, be forever thine.
    Our worth in life will be thy worth, we pray to keep it true,
    And may thy spirit live in us... forever, L-S-U.

HERE ARE ALDRIDGE'S COMMENTS FROM HIS CHAT SESSION YESTERDAY ON ESPN.COM

Pakboy: Are the Hornets moving or staying? Do you think there is any chance the NBA will disapprove their move?

David Aldridge: The relocation committee is meeting today in New Orleans (just one day, from my understanding) and will ultimately make a recommendation to the Board of Governors. I think right now it could go either way. The big issue is whether New Orleans is a viable NBA city long-term, not just for five or 10 years. And I know a lot of owners are skeptical about that right now.

Going away.... Contributor West Coast Hornet's Avatar

Rant

Well, I tried to listen to it, but couldn't. I got the first minute in pretty clearly, but nothing happened to speak of then. I'll try to listen to it at work tomorrow via a network connection. Maybe I'll have better luck.

That guy's a scumbag. What do you think the chances are that he'll ever be able to carry on his trade in NOLA? I say 0. Hey, rsmvc, this might be a polling idea

Time for some football!!!

All-Star
    What we need to do is put pressure on their advertisers. I am going to try and get a list of them.

Re: David Aldridge

Originally posted by saddenedcharlottefan
    I completely agree with David Aldridge. Sorry you guys don't like it, but he is right. This thing is not over yet
    Not sure what you are agreeing with but if it is the post about his chat comments that is not what this thread is addressing. If it's the other thing, then........

Draft Pick

OP ED You guys are missing something about the comments

I have listen to the audio of what Aldridge said and yes his comments were less then flattering but you are missing another part. Tony talking during the break also says that he could not figure out how this was going to work and that he had the guy on the program because he needed to fill a spot. I think this is what is going to be the ultimate outcome of this little NBA screw up. There are a great deal of people talking in public one way, but when they are in private it seems that everyone has the same opinion of New Orleans it is a party town where business can't seem to make it. I am not here saying that they are right or wrong but when the door closes in April and all of the owners cast their votes it will be a vote on New Orleans vs Charlotte and Shinnridge vs. a African American billionaire. That is the bottom line. I think that New Orleans has worked very hard to reach the ticket goals but I think that Tony's show was the general understanding of what most people outside of New Orleans think. New Orleans can't handle a pro football team and a NBA basketball team. Like or dislike Tony, or Aldridge their opinions seem to be the going rate.

KHART, How do you know what we can and cannot do in N.O.? Everybody outside of N.O. has their opinion of us, that's fine. But, you have no idea unless you lived here for a time to know what kind of community is here. Many people stay here there whole lives when they move here. People born and raised here stay here their whole lives, and the one's that do leave want to come back as soon as they can. I can't say the same for other parts of the country. I think people are jealous that we can have so much fun and still have the ability to lure an NBA team to our city. This city is turning around economically, and with a new Mayor the future looks quite promising in N.O. Can't you outsiders realize that N.O. is going to become a city to be reckoned with. Accept that things are changing for the better here. It is going to be a nice ride and this city deserves it.

Hall of Famer

Re: You guys are missing something about the comments

Originally posted by khart
    I have listen to the audio of what Aldridge said and yes his comments were less then flattering but you are missing another part. Tony talking during the break also says that he could not figure out how this was going to work and that he had the guy on the program because he needed to fill a spot. I think this is what is going to be the ultimate outcome of this little NBA screw up. There are a great deal of people talking in public one way, but when they are in private it seems that everyone has the same opinion of New Orleans it is a party town where business can't seem to make it. I am not here saying that they are right or wrong but when the door closes in April and all of the owners cast their votes it will be a vote on New Orleans vs Charlotte and Shinnridge vs. a African American billionaire. That is the bottom line. I think that New Orleans has worked very hard to reach the ticket goals but I think that Tony's show was the general understanding of what most people outside of New Orleans think. New Orleans can't handle a pro football team and a NBA basketball team. Like or dislike Tony, or Aldridge their opinions seem to be the going rate.
    You know, I went to Orlando once and I can't see how anyone would want to move there or put a business in that city. You had to pay to get in, and everything was so expensive. And what was up with the people walking around dressed as cartoon characters? That was too weird. It was a nice place to visit to go on rides, but I certainly would go there to see a basketball game.

I also went to Phoenix once for a convention. It was on the weekend. They just had this big building and no restaurants other than a Jack in the Box, and it was understaffed so service was lousy. Why would I want to live there? It was an okay place for a convention, but live there? Certainly not. There wasn't anybody in the city except for the people at the convention, so I would probably get lonely and there is no one to buy anything except for the people who come there for meetings. I also wouldn't go for a basketball game because the food was lousy.

If this makes sense to you, you are qualified to appear as an NBA expert for ESPN.
    Last edited by Westbank Hornet; 03-22-2002 at 01:12 PM.

The Franchise
    Originally posted by khart
    it will be a vote on New Orleans vs Charlotte and Shinnridge vs. a African American billionaire.
    AFRICAN AMERICAN BILLIONAIRE? Not sure who you mean by this. If you're refering to Robert Johnson, I'd prefer that you use his name rather than refering to him as just a potential object to satisfy and save the Charlotte people from their current position. He is a person you know? Not to mention the derogatory reference to George Shinn and Ray Wooldridge.
    HANGIN' IN THE PELICANS ROOST!!

RENFO, CLT needs to show us some RESPECT. It's time we get some. We will show them all April 9th.

Draft Pick
    The fact that Aldridge says it isn't a done deal probably makes it a done deal. This is the same guy that swore up and down and bet his life on the fact that MJ would NOT un-retire. It's hilarious he's obviously known as a person who people can tell things to, to create mis-information. What an uninformed jerk off, how does he know so little about the situation? It's his friggin job!!! That's all he has to do all day. I can't wait for one of his chats.

Thread Information